via my dear friend, byron~ i commend this to your attention: extraordinary content for very modest fee. blessings of health, body and soul; transforming self and the world.
see you there. (care to drive together? email me.) judith

Friends and colleagues:

If you have ever wanted a replete introduction to Qigong (Emei Lineage) by an adept—at an extremely reasonable cost ($60 for four days)—this is it. My long-time friend Devatara Holman is the instructor. Nothing Devatara does is “derivative.” She speaks Chinese fluently, lived in China for seven years, and was the personal attendant and interpreter to the Emei Lineage Head, Grandmaster Fu Weizhong, of whom she is a senior student. See below about the introductory presentation this Wednesday at 7:30. This will prep you for an “immersion retreat” beginning Nov. 7. I’ll be there for it all. Tell your friends too...

Byron Belitsos

Dear friends, patients and colleagues who are dedicated to transforming suffering within oneself and the world around us,

You are warmly invited to attend this special, inaugural retreat that will reveal some of the key principles and practices of the Emei Qigong Tradition, described below.

In this four-day immersion retreat beginning Saturday, November 7 you will learn some of the world’s most advanced methods for transforming physical and psycho-spiritual suffering in oneself and others.

Plan to attend the Free Informational Presentation:
Wednesday, October 28 at 7:30pm in Corte Madera (details/directions below flier)

Please scroll down to view important links and learn more. Thank you for sharing this invitation with others who may appreciate and benefit from knowing and applying this vital information.

With sincere regards,
Devatara Holman, MS, MA, LAc
Emei Qigong
Level I
Optimal Health, Healing, and Spiritual Development
Presented by Devatara Holman, MS, MA, LAc
An important, affordable content-rich experiential seminar graciously designed and offered to support our community

$60 (includes four-days of lecture and practice)
<< 26 hours of Acupuncture CEU’s approved, see website for details >>
  • Learn lifelong practices for profound liberation and transformation
  • Balance emotions and alleviate illnesses in oneself and others
  • Understand and apply the wisdom methods of an authentic, ancient lineage
Testimonials

“Devatara Holman is a truly inspired teacher with a very dynamic presence.”—B.D., Radio Producer

“These methods are absolutely revolutionary! These jewels have changed my world!” —L.G., Chiropractor, Buddhist Practitioner

“Holman delivers a profound wealth of information with tremendous skill, grace and joyfulness.” —S.G., Writer
“Devatara delivers this material in such a way that you can easily grasp it conceptually as well as experientially ... and use it right away to help heal yourself and others. I feel blessed to have found her as a teacher.”
—J.L., Physician of Oriental Medicine.

“Devatara Holman knows more about meditation and energy work than any American teacher I have ever met. In addition to being a lovely person, she is a very wise and skilled teacher and healer.” —T.B., Health Consultant
About the Instructor:
Devatara Holman, MS, MA, LAc is a senior student of Emei Lineage Head Grandmaster Fu Weizhong, and a committed practitioner of Emei methods since 1985. She has been granted the privilege of offering these teachings and is making them available in our community. A licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, Holman has dedicated her life to increasing awareness of the benefits of Buddhist medicine and the wisdom of the Emei Linji Chan Lineage.

Holman speaks Chinese fluently and lived in the border region of China and Tibet for seven years during the 1980s, where she began her study of Emei Lineage methods, Buddhist medicine and the integration of medicine and spiritual practices. During the 1990’s she served as the personal attendant and interpreter Emei Lineage Head, Grandmaster Fu Weizhong.

Holman founded the Marin Oriental Medicine in Sausalito, California, where she serves patients and gives private instruction. Holman is chairperson, International Qigong Association; director, Qigong Institute; and faculty at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and San Francisco State University.

Location: Marin Subud Center, 100 Sacramento Avenue in San Anselmo
map:100 Sacramento Avenue San Anselmo, Marin County, CA 94960 US - Google Maps
Dates: Saturday-Tuesday // November 7-10, 2009
Non-Residential Retreat Schedule:
Saturday 11/7: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sunday 11/8: 1 - 6pm (all are welcome to a group healing 6 - 7pm so please invite others!)
Monday 11/9 and Tuesday 11/10: 10am – 5:30pm
Please visit Classes | Marin Oriental Medicine to view the full curriculum, Acupuncture CEU details and for online registration

Investment: $60 (includes all four days)
For acupuncture CEUs please see details on website.
Sponsored by: Marin Oriental Medicine
38 Caledonia Street, Suite One • Sausalito, CA 94965
ph: 415
-332-1013 web: Marin Oriental Medicine

Introductory Presentation - Wednesday , October 28, 7:30 PM; Sunrise Center, Corte Madera.
Directions to Sunrise Center:
645 Tamalpais, Suite A
Hwy 101 Northbound (from San Francisco)

Exit Tamalpais/Paradise and at offramp light, turn left to head West. Go one block past the third light and make U-Turn from left turn only lane onto Lakeside. Immediately turn right into driveway for Daphne, go 100 yards and park.

Hwy 101 Southbound (from San Rafael)

Exit Tamalpais/Paradise and at offramp light, turn right to head West. Go one block past the second light and make U-Turn from left turn only lane onto Lakeside. Immediately turn right into driveway for Daphne, go 100 yards and park.