Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    emmaswacco

ultimate frisbee?

hi-
    i am new to the area and would love to play ultimate frisbee if anyone knows of any games that exist or would like to start one up. i am also new to ultimate-i started over the summer but i love it.
    -elizabeth
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: ultimate frisbee?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by emmaswacco: View Post
    hi-
    i am new to the area and would love to play ultimate frisbee if anyone knows of any games that exist or would like to start one up. i am also new to ultimate-i started over the summer but i love it.
    -elizabeth
    Be on the lookout for games at the Junior College. There was (and still should be) an official team of sorts that got together on the front lawn to practice and play. Hope it helps.

3. TopTop #3
    Tars

Is ultimate Frisbee the same thing as Frisbee golf? Don't know if it's still there or not, but the was a Frisbee golf course at Ragel Park.

4. TopTop #4
    carpet crawler

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Be on the lookout for games at the Junior College. There was (and still should be) an official team of sorts that got together on the front lawn to practice and play. Hope it helps.
    There are several pickup Ultimate games in the county. Saturday mornings about 10 at Casa Grande High School in Petaluma; Sunday mornings around 10 at Brook Haven School in Sebastopol; and Wednesday evenings about 6 in Windsor, currently at Esposti Park but moving to Wilson Ranch Soccer Park some time in the next month or so. The Sat and Sunday games are probably better suited to someone who has just started. Bring a light and dark top and cleats (of course!). There are Yahoo groups for these games, you can follow along with weather-related updates, field migration, and more:

sonoma-ultimate : Sonoma County Area Ultimate Frisbee
    PetalumaUltimate : Petaluma Ultimate

Hope this helps; come play!

5. TopTop #5
    carpet crawler

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    Is ultimate Frisbee the same thing as Frisbee golf? Don't know if it's still there or not, but the was a Frisbee golf course at Ragel Park.
    Ultimate is a fast-paced, team sport played on a field. Disc golf is golf with discs - there are courses in Lakeport, Ukiah, Petaluma, Novato, Napa, and many more.