Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    yogatree

This Thing Called Flow

The last few weeks, I started and stopped at least 4 different topics to be provided as a written offering to you all. Feeling intrigued by something, I would take pencil in hand and jot down a few ideas. As I would begin to flesh them out, I would lose interest. There was no fire, no passion, no inspiration in the offering, so I waited…a few days later, some other idea or thought would arise. Again, as soon as I began to elaborate and expand upon it, my interest would wane. My mind would drift off to some other thought-created land. “Perhaps I’m just not focusing,” I pondered. I took note to focus, but there was no change. So I continued to simply wait to see where the flow would take me. Four times this happened.

Today, at 1:46pm, while driving to REI in order to peruse the clearance racks during the Labor Day sale, my mind finally steps out of the way, surrenders, and a spark occurs, which grows into a flame, which finally turns into a delicious, blazing fire. I open the glove compartment, rifle around, and find the small, blue, polka-dotted notepad (which has the purpose of recording oil changes and other maintenance for my car, but has of late turned into an emergency back-up journal). I carefully record the information (mostly while waiting at stoplights) that I feel flowing through me:

What is this thing we keep referring to as “flow? We say water flows, air flows, and even that traffic flows. Flow is often mentioned during yoga classes. We might even say, “Go with the flow,” or “Be in the flow”. What is flow? What is it we are flowing in? And why would we wish to be in synchronicity with it? What has been your experience of flow during the last few weeks?

Please share your feelings, thoughts, knowledge, or your own questions on the subject. Feel free to come from a spiritual, scientific, intuitive, humorous, or any other perspective. I look forward to what I envision to be a fun and beautiful exchange!

Namaste,

Kristi Bowman
    www.sacredmovement.org
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Re: This Thing Called Flow

Chi or the flow of life, in my opinion, is highly regulated by the moon and the earth itself. What sign the moon is intends to maintain a real challenge for me. So much so that I have started writing a daily dialog of what the moon was in, and how it has been affecting my mode, my life, my every day as well as the others around me and so on and so forth. In another twenty years I may have something! Or I could just go out and read a few books but where is the fun in that I ask? WHERE?
    Thus far in the little time I have been really paying attention I can tell you when the moon is in Pieces people tent to spend! HA!
    The weather has a huge affect as well, the fog in this area affects ones Chi for sure, the flow to me seems to mimic the moon itself, pulling in a little bit at a time everyday coming in a bit further thus reaching its full potential and then residing as in waning a tab bit till it is all the way out as well. I have been studying this for some time now and am almost ready to write a whole story on the events of just the fog, maybe someday soon.
    A sudden change or shift in the weather can and will stop most folks in their tracks, Rain, sun fog you name it a semi strong breeze, BAM! People seem to be caught like deer in headlights, they just stop. It is amazing what a small shift In the weather shall cause people to just stop and be left motionless until they seem to adjust or acclimate a bit. If it rains people won’t move till day two when all of a sudden they get a strong burst and are out in full force.
    I have had a strong writers block for about six weeks now, not so much a block but more along the lines of a strong laziness, I am not sure if it is due to being done with one project and not wanting to start a new one, or the fact that I have to finish the project I have been working on for six months now and know that he boring part is upon me or that I am just being lazy and not wanting to get back to my regular schedule I used to be on waking early and writing for a couple of hours each and every day before work, whatever it is I need to get back on my horse as well.
    To get back on the subject at hand I wish to warn of the fog yes the fog and the bad moon at the same time, this tends to leave folks in a really bad mode, people need to learn what and why they are in a bad mode so they can appreciate a bad mode and not tend to take out their aggressions on other folks. If you can learn to appreciate a bad mode the chances of overcoming one is all the more apparent.
    The seasons as well have a gigantic affect on folks as well, just he mode they appear to put on one is huge, add all the above up with each and everyone’s general mentality and you start to get a grip on ones realities! HA! For me spring has always been half full and fall the glass appears to be half empty! Adding in the calculations for what one does for a living, indoor outdoor, what people are eating as in what is in season, everyone seems to eat the same things, on and on and…

3. TopTop #3
    Dram

Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Green River

Bad Moon Rising

I see the bad moon arising.
    I see trouble on the way.
    I see earthquakes and lightning.
    I see bad times today.
    CHORUS:

Don't go around tonight,
    Well, it's bound to take your life,
    There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
    I know the end is coming soon.
    I fear rivers over flowing.
    [ Creedence Clearwater Revival Lyrics are found on Lyrics ]
    I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

CHORUS

All right!

Hope you got your things together.
    Hope you are quite prepared to die.
    Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
    One eye is taken for an eye.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    Chi or the flow of life, in my opinion, is highly regulated by the moon and the earth itself. What sign the moon is intends to maintain a real challenge for me. So much so that I have started writing a daily dialog of what the moon was in, and how it has been affecting my mode, my life, my every day as well as the others around me and so on and so forth. In another twenty years I may have something! Or I could just go out and read a few books but where is the fun in that I ask? WHERE?
    Thus far in the little time I have been really paying attention I can tell you when the moon is in Pieces people tent to spend! HA!
    The weather has a huge affect as well, the fog in this area affects ones Chi for sure, the flow to me seems to mimic the moon itself, pulling in a little bit at a time everyday coming in a bit further thus reaching its full potential and then residing as in waning a tab bit till it is all the way out as well. I have been studying this for some time now and am almost ready to write a whole story on the events of just the fog, maybe someday soon.
    A sudden change or shift in the weather can and will stop most folks in their tracks, Rain, sun fog you name it a semi strong breeze, BAM! People seem to be caught like deer in headlights, they just stop. It is amazing what a small shift In the weather shall cause people to just stop and be left motionless until they seem to adjust or acclimate a bit. If it rains people won’t move till day two when all of a sudden they get a strong burst and are out in full force.
    I have had a strong writers block for about six weeks now, not so much a block but more along the lines of a strong laziness, I am not sure if it is due to being done with one project and not wanting to start a new one, or the fact that I have to finish the project I have been working on for six months now and know that he boring part is upon me or that I am just being lazy and not wanting to get back to my regular schedule I used to be on waking early and writing for a couple of hours each and every day before work, whatever it is I need to get back on my horse as well.
    To get back on the subject at hand I wish to warn of the fog yes the fog and the bad moon at the same time, this tends to leave folks in a really bad mode, people need to learn what and why they are in a bad mode so they can appreciate a bad mode and not tend to take out their aggressions on other folks. If you can learn to appreciate a bad mode the chances of overcoming one is all the more apparent.
    The seasons as well have a gigantic affect on folks as well, just he mode they appear to put on one is huge, add all the above up with each and everyone’s general mentality and you start to get a grip on ones realities! HA! For me spring has always been half full and fall the glass appears to be half empty! Adding in the calculations for what one does for a living, indoor outdoor, what people are eating as in what is in season, everyone seems to eat the same things, on and on and…
    Last edited by Dram; 09-16-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: grammar

4. TopTop #4
    yogatree

I appreciate your observations about how the moon and other natural elements influence our state of flow, Mykil!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post