Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Gary

Where to donate children's clothing?

I am looking to donate about three garbage bags full of children's clothing (2T-5T). 80-90% of it is in really good condition, some never worn. In San Jose there are places to donate that give this clothing out free directly to needy families. Does anyone know of similar operations here? There are some online resources about homeless shelters and religious organizations in the county, but I haven't found a site with clear donation information. I know I can drop them off at some thrift stores, but I wanted to discover other working organizations here that might do these direct give aways. Thanks for any suggestions.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ladybug5

Re: Where to donate children's clothing?

The homeless shelter behind Macys in Santa Rosa...
    Ladybug.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gary: View Post
    I am looking to donate about three garbage bags full of children's clothing (2T-5T). 80-90% of it is in really good condition, some never worn. In San Jose there are places to donate that give this clothing out free directly to needy families. Does anyone know of similar operations here? There are some online resources about homeless shelters and religious organizations in the county, but I haven't found a site with clear donation information. I know I can drop them off at some thrift stores, but I wanted to discover other working organizations here that might do these direct give aways. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Is your dog having a good day? ~ www.gooddays.biz ~ [email protected]

3. TopTop #3
    Barrie
    Supporting member

Re: Where to donate children's clothing?

Hi! There is a thrift shop "New to You" on West 6th Street in Santa Rosa. It is across the north/south street from Chops, the teen center. They let women from the ywca battered women's shelter pick out clothes for free. Lots of these women have children and have escaped from their homes with the clothes on their backs, so they definitely need the clothes.

Barrie