Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dram

Making advances available

How does one go about bringing Autocad Inventor 2010 software, a 3d printer, and a notary service into reach as a community asset that would have a skill/labor/barter exchange as a respectable medium of currency to access?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Hot Compost

Re: Making advances available

rich person buys all the pieces & lets their friends use it.

i wouldn't be surprised if there's some guys in Willits that have one. a lot of tech refugees there.

i suggest Craigslist, maybe there's somebody with the pieces in mid-North Calif. that would let you borrow them. or trade for apples or something.

as far as Inventor, i'm pretty sure that Autodesk has free full-function 30 day demo's. so if you can download it and create a finished part file within 30 days ...

3. TopTop #3
    Dram

Re: Making advances available

Just curious whether inventors will ever overcome their paranoia and invent a better system than thinking patenting is much protection for their ideas, I would imagine production being the more functional claim for intellectual property than trying to win much in court so the economy as it is, Make magazine having its origins in Sebastopol it just seems that there is a lot of innovation that is not being put into play nor making jobs in the process. I could stand some more interesting work in this area I don't think I am alone in this so for a seed why not a community access to prototyping facility's ?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hot Compost: View Post
    rich person buys all the pieces & lets their friends use it.

i wouldn't be surprised if there's some guys in Willits that have one. a lot of tech refugees there.

i suggest Craigslist, maybe there's somebody with the pieces in mid-North Calif. that would let you borrow them. or trade for apples or something.

as far as Inventor, i'm pretty sure that Autodesk has free full-function 30 day demo's. so if you can download it and create a finished part file within 30 days ...