Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jdavey

Kirtan in Sebastopol?

Hey there,
    I am new to the Seabstopol area and i'm looking for some good kirtan to attend, ideally on a regular basis, anyone know of anything?

thanks,
    Jackie
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Kirtan in Sebastopol?

I don't know of a regular kirtan that is happening, but there is going to be a kirtan festival at Harbin Hot Springs soon:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/event...gathering.html

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jdavey: View Post
    Hey there,
    I am new to the Seabstopol area and i'm looking for some good kirtan to attend, ideally on a regular basis, anyone know of anything?

thanks,
    Jackie

3. TopTop #3
    earthdancer128

Hi Jackie,
    I'm curious to know whether you have found any local kirtans in Sebastopol or anywhere else in Sonoma County. I'm interested too...Let me know.
    Judy

4. TopTop #4
    Veeja

It sounds like there are a lot of people asking for Kirtan lately. I have been asking around for a while now. I would love to find something. I was thinking of maybe trying to figure out how to put something together.If enough people are interested, I know someone who has mentioned she might be interested in leading a Kirtan. What do you think?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by earthdancer128: View Post
    Hi Jackie,
    I'm curious to know whether you have found any local kirtans in Sebastopol or anywhere else in Sonoma County. I'm interested too...Let me know.
    Judy

5. TopTop #5
    markwjam

I'm hoping the Orchestra of the Clouds, from Colorado, might come out of retirement soon, so I can hear my favorite kirtan of all time by them:
    "Wham Bam Down At Bo Diddley's Ashram!"
    Mark B.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Veeja: View Post
    It sounds like there are a lot of people asking for Kirtan lately. I have been asking around for a while now. I would love to find something. I was thinking of maybe trying to figure out how to put something together.If enough people are interested, I know someone who has mentioned she might be interested in leading a Kirtan. What do you think?

6. TopTop #6
    Tule Lazule

Hello, This is Tule Lazule

Yes, due to the expressed interest of a few people I'm announcing/suggesting a First Meeting (with singing included) for a Kirtan Circle at
    7 pm, Thursday night, August 20, 2009
    at People's Music (probably temporary location).

I can facilitate/lead/accompany (on harmonium, sruti box, tamboura, guitar, etc. and find a tabla player) bhajans, and help set up the attunement.

I'd also like to start a
    1. Chant group (Ram Sita Hanuman)
    2. Hanuman Puja concentration
    3. Raw Vegan Potluck every 4TH Sunday at 4:30

I'm not really raw vegan entirely but I have invented some creative, tasty recipes, and I think it's a great way to get together and share recipes, or just healthy raw vegan choices. It makes it more fun.

If you want to call me about these topics you can reach me at 795-6318.

What do you thread weavers think?

7. TopTop #7
    Veeja

Count me in Tule. Thanks for jumping in. I can't wait. let me know if you need any help with set up or whatever else you might need to get started.
    DebraLea 707-332-3207

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tule Lazule: View Post

Yes, due to the expressed interest of a few people I'm announcing/suggesting a First Meeting (with singing included) for a Kirtan Circle at

I can facilitate/lead/accompany (on harmonium, sruti box, tamboura, guitar, etc. and find a tabla player) bhajans, and help set up the attunement.

I'd also like to start a

I'm not really raw vegan entirely but I have invented some creative, tasty recipes, and I think it's a great way to get together and share recipes, or just healthy raw vegan choices. It makes it more fun.

8. TopTop #8
    Veeja

Sat Nam yogi friends and Students of the Divine,

Come join us for music and celebration. We are completing a Sahaj Path (A reading of all the pages of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib) being held in honor of Gurkamaljot Kaur who is graduating from High School and is celebrating her birthday, and will be singing Kirtan led by Prabhu Nam Kaur Khalsa Ji is an amazing yogi, teacher and musician. Please pass the word on all are welcome.

Gurbani Kirtan by Prabhu Nam Kaur Ji

There will be Gurbani kirtan by Prabhu Nam Kaur Ji from 11:30 am to 1:00pm on Sunday July 26th, 2009 at the Santa Rosa Sikh Gurdwara, 3645 Melcon Ln Santa Rosa,California 95407. Hope to see you there ...

Everyone is welcome. Prabhu Nam Kaur has been teaching yoga for 30 years. She is able to listen with deep compassion and has a profound mastery of the sound current. She is able to evoke a deeply sacred space with her devotional music. She has been studying the language Gurmukhi for more than 30 years and takes great joy in her ongoing studies of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the holy text of the Sikhs.

Count me in Tule. Thanks for jumping in. I can't wait. let me know if you need any help with set up or whatever else you might need to get started.
    DebraLea 707-332-3207

9. TopTop #9
    KRossy

Greetings Kiirtanites,

I would like to invite you all to The Sebastopol Meditation Collective this Thursday 16th from 6:30-8:00

dhyana Center
    7740 Atkinson Road
    Sebastopol

There will be no kiirtan at this point but further potential for collaboration in the future. The evening is in cooperation with the Hearth & Soul Transition Town Group which also would be interested in hosting such events. Please come by, sit still, and share a dish.

with Love,
    Krossy

DebraLea 707-332-3207

10. TopTop #10
    Tule

Yes, this sounds wonderful.

(except it is in Santa Rosa and is for a special occasion)

It would be nice to have a regular group take shape in Sebastopol...

If people want to talk on the phone with ideas... schedules... my number is 795-6318.

Sat Nam/Namaste

Tule

Come join us for music and celebration. We are completing a Sahaj Path (A reading of all the pages of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib) being held in honor of Gurkamaljot Kaur who is graduating from High School and is celebrating her birthday, and will be singing Kirtan led by Prabhu Nam Kaur Khalsa Ji is an amazing yogi, teacher and musician. Please pass the word on all are welcome.

There will be Gurbani kirtan by Prabhu Nam Kaur Ji from 11:30 am to 1:00pm on Sunday July 26th, 2009 at the Santa Rosa Sikh Gurdwara, 3645 Melcon Ln Santa Rosa,California 95407. Hope to see you there ...

Everyone is welcome. Prabhu Nam Kaur has been teaching yoga for 30 years. She is able to listen with deep compassion and has a profound mastery of the sound current. She is able to evoke a deeply sacred space with her devotional music. She has been studying the language Gurmukhi for more than 30 years and takes great joy in her ongoing studies of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the holy text of the Sikhs.

11. TopTop #11
    treehugger

PLEASE do count me in on this i dont know where peoples music is but im in santa rosa and can bring others send directions pls. also i can cook krsna cuisine, 707 322-7622 or 528 1527.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tule Lazule: View Post

I'd also like to start a

12. TopTop #12
    treehugger

you all can meet at my house also, i live near fairgrnds and i can fit about 8 or 10 people in my living rm. we could also go to a park on nice days.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by treehugger: View Post
    PLEASE do count me in on this i dont know where peoples music is but im in santa rosa and can bring others send directions pls. also i can cook krsna cuisine, 707 322-7622 or 528 1527.

13. TopTop #13
    treehugger

IM IN SANTA rosa but can travel easily. and i have extra seats in my durango im open to early morning chanting and breakfast too. i make nice prasadam.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tule: View Post

If people want to talk on the phone with ideas... schedules... my number is 795-6318.

Sat Nam/Namaste

Tule

14. TopTop #14
    Veeja

Hi Tule
    Maybe we could all get together at infusion for tea and talk about ideas?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tule: View Post

Sat Nam/Namaste

Tule

15. TopTop #15
    Veeja

I'm not going to be able to attend this. If anyone else is going have fun.

16. TopTop #16
    infinityinspace

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jdavey: View Post
    Hey there,

thanks,
    Jackie

There is regular kirtan every Saturday night (6-9 pm) and every Sunday Afternoon (11am -2 pm) at the Santa Rosa Sikh Gurdwara. It is located at 3645 Melcon Ln Santa Rosa,California 95407. For the moment, it is temporarily located at the house there, but people are working hard to get more funding to be able to actually build a Gurdwara. I just wanted to let you know of this and also want to stress the fact that it is regular. If you could spread this information around, it would be very much appreciated. I hope you will be able to attend. Thanks. :]
    Last edited by infinityinspace; 07-29-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Adding more info

17. TopTop #17
    treehugger

veeja is too busy to associate. LOL the sikhs have something on sat nite and sundays Nothing hindu yet locally.

18. TopTop #18
    Veeja

Treehugger
    I don't appreciate your comments publicly. When we were talking privately I don't mind your rude comments. I tried to be understanding because you Said it was because you had a death in the family. as you said in your email to me (you were on edge and you were reacting all over the place). I'm sorry you are going through your stuff. But don't take is out on other people. When you sent me emails asking me to meet you to do things, I was busy at those times. Like I said in my email to you. You come on way to strong for someone I've never met. It kind of freaked me out. You can see in this thread you are very enthusiatic. Please don't make this thread a place where we argue. I feel I had to respond to another one of your rude comments to me. I wish you lots of good fortune and healing.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by treehugger: View Post
    veeja is too busy to associate. LOL the sikhs have something on sat nite and sundays Nothing hindu yet locally.

19. TopTop #19
    Sean Johnson & WLB

Hi There,
    I'm wondering how the Kirtan group has evolved. Are you meeting regularily? I would love to talk to the Kirtan community that exists there. Please shoot me an email.

Namaste!
    Jackie