FLASHBACK: Report Suppressed: Iran Gassed Kurds, Not Iraq
Raju Thomas, Times of India
US Army War College (USAWC) undertook a study of the use of chemical weapons by Iran and Iraq in order to better understand battlefield chemical warfare. They concluded that it was Iran and not Iraq that killed the Kurds.
16 September 2002.
The repeated American propaganda weapon to rationalise the deaths of more than one million innocent Iraqis since 1991 through economic sanctions is that Saddam Hussein used poison gas against Iranians during the Iran-Iraq war and against Iraq’s own Kurdish citizens. The accusation is now being invoked to launch a full-scale American assault on Iraq. This claim of Iraq gassing its own citizens at Halabjah is suspect. First, both Iran and Iraq used chemical weapons against each other during their war. Second, at the termination of the Iran-Iraq war, professors Stephen Pelletiere and Leif Rosenberger, and Lt Colonel Douglas Johnson of the US Army War College (USAWC) undertook a study of the use of chemical weapons by Iran and Iraq in order to better understand battlefield chemical warfare. They concluded that it was Iran and not Iraq that killed the Kurds. read more of this article here: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=12256
more writings on What happened in Kurdish Halabja?
- DR. Ibrahim Aloush - www.albasrah.net, Did Iraq attack Halabja with chemical weapons in 1988?
- Stephen C. Pelletiere - NYTimes, A Glimpse of The Past: A War Crime or an Act of War?
- Jude Wanniski, Saddam Hussein Did Not Commit Genocide
- Carlton Meyer, Saddam never gassed his own people
- Jude Wanniski, In Defense of Saddam Hussein:
- Jude Wanniski, Defending Saddam, Not President Bush
- Jude Wanninski, What Happened at Halabja?
- Ghali Hassan, What do Fallujah and Halabja have in Common?
- Robin Miller - Media Monitors Network, Claims of Saddam's Genocide Far from Proven
- Raju Thomas- Times of India, Report Suppressed: Iran Gassed Kurds, Not Iraq
- Xymphora, More on Jeffrey Goldberg
- Jude Wanniski, A Fair Trial for Saddam?
- in italiano
- Sanjay Suri, Saddam può chiamare la CIA in sua difesa:
- Ghali Hassan, Che cosa hanno in comune Fallujah e Halabja?
- Ibrahim 'Allush - Aljazira.it, L'Iraq ha veramente attaccato i curdi a Halabja nel 1988?