Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Illegal B S
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    calart

Illegal B S

Every time someone does or commits a crime they want to change the law, I'm sick of reading all that stuff about how he should stay here because he has been here so long, it's amazing that almost all foreigners know the U S laws very well, he knew he was breaking the law and was hoping that if and when he got caught they the government would feel sorry for him, why? If I rob a bank will all of you help me to change the law so I do not have to go to prison I don't think so. anyway I could go on and on but the law is the LAW.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dynamique

Re: Illegal B S

There does seem to be an enormous amount of hypocrisy going here with illegal immigration in general and one individual in particular.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by calart: View Post
    Every time someone does or commits a crime they want to change the law, I'm sick of reading all that stuff about how he should stay here because he has been here so long, it's amazing that almost all foreigners know the U S laws very well, he knew he was breaking the law and was hoping that if and when he got caught they the government would feel sorry for him, why? If I rob a bank will all of you help me to change the law so I do not have to go to prison I don't think so. anyway I could go on and on but the law is the LAW.

3. TopTop #3
    PeriodThree

The law is not really 'the law'

The Law is a flexible construct made up of lots of different details with lots of wiggle room, all created and interpreted by imperfect human beings.

There is little about the law which is absolute, and in practice there truly is one law for the rich and another for the poor.

I'm not sure how i feel about the case I think you are referring to, but I don't think that an absolutist claim that 'the law is the law' is really the most helpful position here.

Whatever your particular politics I suspect I can find real life cases in which acting as though 'the law is the law' would (or did!) result in great injustice.

4. TopTop #4
    babaruss

What I find incredibly hypocritical are those descendants of the people who came to this country (to escape oppression no less) only to kill off the majority of it's original inhabitants, subjugating the rest, all in the name of progress (by creating and enforcing their own laws to the exclusion of the native laws and custom).
    Now these overbearingly hypocritical descendants and their ilk are pissed because some immigrant isn't playing by these self same manufactured rules.
    What's B.S. are racists bastards who mask their racism by crying for rule of law.
    Every time I see a post whining about immigration, I am going automatically going to assume the writer is a racist.
    one very ticked off
    Babaruss

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    There does seem to be an enormous amount of hypocrisy going here with illegal immigration in general and one individual in particular.

5. TopTop #5
    babaruss

This just came to me privately so I'm going to respond to it publicly but keeping senders name anonymous... only because I'm not into sharing my private email address.
    I know a lot of people who claim they are not racist (because of their associations with people of different ethnicity, race, or country of origin).
    Tonight for example I left a meeting with such 'friends' people who shared their brotherly love by moaning, and groaning about illegal immigrants, and telling the newest racist jokes about our President.
    I can name all manner of people of differing ethnic, and racial origins who are among my group of friends/relatives/family. This association means not a damned thing in the greater scheme of things.
    However..in my experience people who attempt to cover their racism use such lines as: "Some of my best friend are...." fill in the gap.

I've been on this planet a hell of a long time and recognize such
    garbage at an instants notice.
    So first out you qualify !
    The second thing a racist does is question someones loyalty to their country....that old 'which side are you on game'.
    Third, is to call those opposing their views some dreaded name like 'communist'.
    It's interesting that you feel the need to assume someone must be a communist if one disagrees with laws which are not in the best interest of all of human kind.
    Fourth, of course would be to suggest I do not support my country because I disagree with some of its laws, or the decisions made by it's leaders.
    This my friend is not being un-American it is rather more like being a full tilt American.
    Freedom of speech...freedom of disagree...need I go on ?
    Now, if you are the least bit clever, and can put your tantruming mind to rest you should, with out the least bit of trouble, turn my words against me.
    Good luck
    Babaruss

I think you should be the first person to look in the mirror, talk about a racist I think you fit right in, being illegal is not restricted to one race or color,I'm amazed to think that because someone is here illegally you automatically think i'm a racist, two weeks ago I had a lunch date with a chinese lady,(she's very nice by the way and we'll do it again at the end of the month) one of my closest friends of 40+ years is cuban, and my best friend in the air force saw a black person, and another very dear family are mexican and all are us citizens, one question for you are you a communist or something, support our country if you are an Ameican! good night
    Last edited by babaruss; 05-13-2009 at 11:26 PM.

6. TopTop #6
    babaruss

Funny how you completely avoided the part where I mentioned 'American laws' were created by Americans in order to destroy, and subjugate the people they took this land from.
    You sure are not broaching the subject regarding all those Native American's children and grand children's future that was destroyed by god citizen 'law makers' are you. ? Just 'our' children and grand children's futures are important right ?

Why should, I being part Native American, want to blindly honor, and obey laws which were created to destroy the natural free movement of my ancestors.
    Just because you have been raised by a certain system of 'laws' does not make those 'laws' right.

And who to hell are you to insist someone act according to your ideas of what is right.

Do you (Mr. Cost Conscious Citizen) have any idea how much the current ridiculous (lawless too I might add) war has cost this country in tax dollars and human carnage ?
    Is that what you are terrified of ? Insurgents streaming across our borders to take away 'your' freedoms' ?

Do you realize that the majority of the people accused of 911 came here via the so called legal process ?
    But no sez you...by golly we gotta close them thar borders before feriners overrun the good ole U.S. of A.
    No sirree we jes cain't let them take our land away frum us like we done did to them thar injuns can we ?

No one living in this country is taking anything away from me buddy.
    Nothing here belongs to anyone...it's all on loan to us at least until we die.

Hells bells ...I have no way of knowing whether the party referenced
    in the post which started our lovely little exchange is a decent person, or a complete jerk....nor do I care ! I do take note of your biased sarcasm by referring to him as ' this wonderful person' in your latest response to me.

For all I know you may be a bigger threat to this 'nation' than he is (or than anyone else who comes here, whether legal means, or by bypassing immigration laws).

Over the past decades the leadership of this country has brought Nazi war criminals into this country to work on government projects because we needed a particular expertise those people possessed. Likewise Russians, Chinese, and Korean Communists party members were allowed to 'defect' to this country for that same reason.

So if violating the law is good enough for our government in order to meet their needs, why is it not good enough for a well liked local African ?
    So far, your whole complaint has to do with people whom refuse, for whatever reason, to abide by those rules which you hold dear.

No one lives off of me, or you. This government will tax us as much as they can for one reason, or another. Rarely do our tax dollars go where we would like them to go anyway so what's your point ?

If some poor schnook comes here, and makes a go of it by say starting of using public programs (until gaining self sufficiency) what the hell does it matter. Let me quickly add that I have not a clue how the person at question here has made his living in this country.

Saying things like 'that's not fair' shows the narrowness of your world view.
    If you take a second to review life on this planet you'll come to realize nothing about life is ever fair, and outside of some really absurd societal constructs, justice is not real either.

As for having a great day...every day is a great day, and this is true whether life is going my way, or not...give that a try why don't you
    Babaruss

Anonymous person says: "Hey, just a few last words, Like I asked Sabrina if she could provide a tax return, and or a social security # from this wonderful person, all of them are wonderful people, being illegal doesn't make them bad, just illegal and breaking the law and living off what you and I pay for taxes, do you have any idea how much it cost to support these illegals? I'm not sure you do and or care! They are taking away from you and I from our children and our grandchildren and ect. earlier you mentioned immigrant in a singular form, are you saying that we should change the law for this one decent person, aren't they all decent? and ILLEGAL, finally you have yourself a great day!!!"
    Last edited by babaruss; 05-14-2009 at 11:53 AM.

7. TopTop #7
    babaruss

"America....love it or leave it" ....the empty minded little man's response to any challenge to think things through.
    I've lived in other countries thank you very much and several are far more generous with immigrants than we are !
    Did you know that Canada was as bad as the United States of America regarding it's conquering, and subjugation of Native people.
    I'm thinking that I'm taking advantage of a person here who is of limited intelligence.
    It's probably unkind to argue with people who are not able to think for themselves let alone defend themselves so little fish you're off the hook.
    babaruss

"Hey if you do not like America and it's laws try living in another country and I'll guarantee you will beg to come back, because it is the greatest place in the WORLD to live remember, why do you think the ILLEGALS come here.Native Americans also came from somewhere, maybe Canada. good bye"

8. TopTop #8
    MsTerry

Baba, it looks like you have been having a long monologue with all your posts. I think that person who wrote was using his FOS and not being appreciated for it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by babaruss: View Post
    Every time I see a post whining about immigration, I am going automatically going to assume the writer is a racist.
    one very ticked off
    Babaruss
    About 20 years ago, I was hanging out with a lot of Irish people, men, women and the resulting children.
    Most of them were here illegally. Does that make me a racist?
    They all knew that they had overstayed their visa, and what the consequences were of that. It resulted in a lively discussion of how to deal with the eventual showdown with the authorities.
    Marriage and repatriation being the top contenders.
    Not one of them blamed the US for having immigration rules.

9. TopTop #9
    babaruss

I just felt like dragging my 'I'm a jerk' suit out, and wearing it for awhile Ms. Terry.
    When I wear that suit other jerks usually come out to play.
    Sadly, only one real jerk came out, but he was of such poor quality, I took my suit off, and hung it back in the closet, much preferring my own company to his.
    Feel free (comfortable ?) to regard anything I wrote in my 'monologue' for what it was ... a fishing expedition and nothing more.

Baba

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    Baba, it looks like you have been having a long monologue with all your posts. I think that person who wrote was using his FOS and not being appreciated for it.

About 20 years ago, I was hanging out with a lot of Irish people, men, women and the resulting children.
    Most of them were here illegally. Does that make me a racist?
    They all knew that they had overstayed their visa, and what the consequences were of that. It resulted in a lively discussion of how to deal with the eventual showdown with the authorities.
    Marriage and repatriation being the top contenders.
    Not one of them blamed the US for having immigration rules.

10. TopTop #10
    MsTerry

Baba
    I like all the suits you wear, even the lime green one with pink ruffles.
    I wish others could appreciate my collection a little more

I just felt like dragging my 'I'm a jerk' suit out, and wearing it for awhile Ms. Terry.
    When I wear that suit other jerks usually come out to play.
    Sadly, only one real jerk came out, but he was of such poor quality, I took my suit off, and hung it back in the closet, much preferring my own company to his.
    Feel free (comfortable ?) to regard anything I wrote in my 'monologue' for what it was ... a fishing expedition and nothing more.

Baba

11. TopTop #11
    babaruss

I thought you weren't going to tell anyone about the lime green suit with pink ruffles. Didn't you tell me that would be "our little secret" ?

As for your collection...you do seem to have a full closet Ms Terry..a little something for every occasion ! This however is plus (not to be confused with 'plus sizes'.

The snarky, cowardly, fish that I did catch (while wearing my jerk suit) is emailing me nasty letters privately.
    I'm debating whether taking his name to Barry is a good idea.
    While he is not being outright evil, he does seem unwilling to expose his nastiness at a public level.
    Kind of sad really, to have a guy (who is so intent on defending his country) condemning my right of free speech, and then expressing his own in such a underhanded way.
    The bait is on the hook and the hook is in the water. let's see what I catch this time.
    Babaruss

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    Baba
    I like all the suits you wear, even the lime green one with pink ruffles.
    I wish others could appreciate my collection a little more

12. TopTop #12
    MsTerry

I thought you weren't going to tell anyone about the lime green suit with pink ruffles. Didn't you tell me that would be "our little secret" ?
    Babaruss
    Of course, it stays our little secret, only now we have a bunch of curiosity sniffers who'll have to use their fantasy to get a whiff of these precious threads.
    Quote As for your collection...you do seem to have a full closet Ms Terry..a little something for every occasion ! This however is plus (not to be confused with 'plus sizes'
    I get the impression that everyone wants me to wear the same old predictable straight jackets.
    That just isn't me, this siren is just too flame-buoyant'
    Quote The snarky, cowardly, fish that I did catch (while wearing my jerk suit) is emailing me nasty letters privately.
    I'm debating whether taking his name to Barry is a good idea.
    While he is not being outright evil, he does seem unwilling to expose his nastiness at a public level.
    Kind of sad really, to have a guy (who is so intent on defending his country) condemning my right of free speech, and then expressing his own in such a underhanded way.
    It's so funny that you think that way too.
    I feel, if I write in public, respond in public, none of that hanky-panky behind the back for me.
    I rarely answer responses in private, unless I know who they are.

Quote The bait is on the hook and the hook is in the water. let's see what I catch this time.
    You deserve a big fat one!