Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    hlfgrand

Vet Recommendation Needed

Hi I'm new to Sebastopol and need a vet recommendation. I will drive for the best. Someone who takes the time to listen carefully to all the issues.
    Thanks so much!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    MySassy

Re: Vet Recommendation Needed

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hlfgrand: View Post
    Hi I'm new to Sebastopol and need a vet recommendation. I will drive for the best. Someone who takes the time to listen carefully to all the issues.
    Thanks so much!
    I think this Vet is verry caring about your animals and good.
    our dog was verry ill we took him to our long time vet Redwood Vet Hosp. Santa Rosa Ave. They did all kinds of test that ended up all being for the wrong thing they coast our dog a lot of time and money, took him to this Vet and he rite away told use he need to go to UCDavis, they found a large toomer on brain He is dying, so far out lived his tim so far about 8 mon. still doing ok. back to the Vet in Sonoma I think he is great I hope this helps
    Sonoma Veterinary Clinic
    21003 Broadway
    Sonoma
    707-938-4455

3. TopTop #3
    auntjennifer

Thanks so much!
    I LOVE my vet, Dr. Grant Patrick at Montecito Vet Center in Santa Rosa. His office is on Hwy 12 and Middle Rincon. He has always been very patient and caring with me and my dogs. My chocolate lab ended up getting lymphoma, and he was so kind and generous with his time throughout her dying process, talking to me many times on the phone (no charge) with all my questions and concerns, comforting me while I cried...I can't say enough good things about him. The office number is 539-2322. Welcome to the area!

4. TopTop #4
    cosmiccorn

I highly recommend the following:
    Animal Hospital of Sebastopol at 823.2350;
    Lisa Pesch for 'alternative' care (including homeopathy, acupuncture, Chinese herbs) at 823.1491;
    Ganelle Dippe for chiropractic care at 823.6406.

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

5. TopTop #5
    rewrite

Hiya,
    I have had the privilege of 'owning' many dogs since I have lived in this county (over 30 years).

There is a new vet in Sebastopol who recently took over Analy Vet. I got to know her when I took my current dog to PetCare Vet Hosp. in Santa Rosa where she was then employed. She is Dr. Patricia Alexander. She is wonderful to deal with and is very open to alternative healing treatments. She knows acupuncture and chinese medicine. I don't have the number off hand. The vet business she has taken over has a devoted following.

ALso, I recently helped a friend with a very sick dog to find a vet who could help her misdiagnosed, dying lab. The place is the Windsor Animal Hospital, 838-3031, the vet my friend saw listened carefully and saved this dog's life. Her name is Dr. Yvonne Stemwedel. This is a spanking new facility but the business has been there for a long time.

I also have used and recommend Petcare for emergencies and for ongoing care when I find an understanding vet there- state of the art everything. I love that there is overnight care if and when a pet of mine might need that. It is not too far to go from Seb. - It's on Fulton and Guerneville Rd. 579-5900.

Good luck with your search.
    Rewrite

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MySassy: View Post
    I think this Vet is verry caring about your animals and good.
    our dog was verry ill we took him to our long time vet Redwood Vet Hosp. Santa Rosa Ave. They did all kinds of test that ended up all being for the wrong thing they coast our dog a lot of time and money, took him to this Vet and he rite away told use he need to go to UCDavis, they found a large toomer on brain He is dying, so far out lived his tim so far about 8 mon. still doing ok. back to the Vet in Sonoma I think he is great I hope this helps
    Sonoma Veterinary Clinic
    21003 Broadway
    Sonoma
    707-938-4455

6. TopTop #6
    mrnance

Thanks so much!
    Hi,

The best vet in Sebastopol is Dr. Pritchard at West Side Vet. He is reasonable and very good at diagnosis also he continues to educate himself and he will listen to the client. In Santa Rosa Dr. Popkins at Sequia is the best vet, he is a brilliant man and will answer questions. Redwood vet is reasonable and is the best for emergency medicine. For teeth cleaning Dr. Patrick at Montecito vet, is the most resonable and does an excellent job. The best and least expensive for nueter or spay is Dr. Joel Reif at La Plaza in Cotati.

7. TopTop #7
    pearl g

Dr. Waldo at Animal Kingdom (sebastopol) is the best vet in the world!

8. TopTop #8
    doglady33

I saw your posting for a veterinary recommendation. We have used Dr. Waldo in Sebastopol, at the Animal Kingdom Veterinary hospital. My dogs have loved him, he truly treats your pets as a member of the family. He also sees birds, and reptiles. The Animal hospital is in downtown Sebastopol, right across the street from Coffee Catz. It's a yellow looking cottage. He is reasonably priced too.

9. TopTop #9
    Jessi Beckman

Hello,

10. TopTop #10
    Jessi Beckman

Hello,
    I would also have to recommend Dr. Waldo he is the best!!

11. TopTop #11
    susienpaws

Laguna Veterinary Hospital-Susan Boynton DVM,Dipl.ABVP. I have been taking my 21 year old cat and various pups and kits to her over 10 years. Susan listens to you, has a very polite and informative staff, and gives 10% discount to seniors. She is thorough and very positive!

5341 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa, CA-next to the shelter (707-528-1448)