Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    ceejay

HAPPY ENDING! Found older standard poodle west santa rosa

Happy ending!
    Thanks for all the feedback and responses, Ruggles' mom came to pick him up this morning.

My ad:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I live on W 8th St. An older black standard poodle has been outside for a couple hours now....he will get picked up by the pound if not claimed, the homeowners association will call it in.

I have him in my house right now, hoping to find the owner. The dog is very sweet and I'm sure some one will miss him.

The dog is male, black with a lot of silver mixed in. He weighs probably 65 pounds +/-. He seems very fit for his age. He walks with an interesting gait, I think from aged hips(?). There is a small white diamond on his chest and small white marking(s) on his underside. His temperment is very mild, and he is well socialized.

Call me:
    Cindy
    707-280-4384
    Last edited by ceejay; 04-12-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: additional info
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    scamperwillow

Re: Found older standard poodle west santa rosa

No collar or ID of any kind? If you have brought him inside, you should call the shelter and also post signs outside. (not everyone reads Wacco...) also the Press Democrat will print free ads for lost animals.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ceejay: View Post
    I live on W 8th St. An older black standard poodle has been outside for a couple hours now....he will get picked up by the pound if not claimed, the homeowners association will call it in.

I have him in my house right now, hoping to find the owner. The dog is very sweet and I'm sure some one will miss him.

The dog is male, black with a lot of silver mixed in. He weighs probably 65 pounds +/-. He seems very fit for his age. He walks with an interesting gait, I think from aged hips(?). There is a small white diamond on his chest and small white marking(s) on his underside. His temperment is very mild, and he is well socialized.

Call me:
    Cindy
    707-280-4384

3. TopTop #3
    ceejay

Yes, I have an ad on craigslist also and the Press Demo will have it in tomorrow. No ID microchip or collar. I have canvassed my neighborhood as well...no luck so far. I will keep looking. If left outside, he will be picked up by the shelter, and he probably won't get adopted out...he's kind of ugly! So I'll keep him here for a while. We'll be posting fliers today also. I am concerned that he is a foreclosure dog. If this is the case, I will either keep him or rehome him. He is just so sweet and well mannered that I can't help but think he is well loved and someone wants him back.

At the vet, he weighed in at 54 LBS.

4. TopTop #4
    parlyvous

Yes, I have an ad on craigslist also and the Press Demo will have it in tomorrow. No ID microchip or collar. I have canvassed my neighborhood as well...no luck so far. I will keep looking. If left outside, he will be picked up by the shelter, and he probably won't get adopted out...he's kind of ugly! So I'll keep him here for a while. We'll be posting fliers today also. I am concerned that he is a foreclosure dog. If this is the case, I will either keep him or rehome him. He is just so sweet and well mannered that I can't help but think he is well loved and someone wants him back.

At the vet, he weighed in at 54 LBS.

That is one lucky pup, that it was you who found him and is being so great about trying to find his human/s and willing to find him a home.

5. TopTop #5
    scamperwillow

Re: HAPPY ENDING! Found older standard poodle west santa rosa

That is great news - can you tell us the story? How did you find the owner?

Happy ending!
    Thanks for all the feedback and responses, Ruggles' mom came to pick him up this morning.

My ad:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Call me:
    Cindy
    707-280-4384