Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

View Poll Results: Are you a Sonoma County...

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • WAHM (Work At Home Mom)?

2 40.00%
  • WAHD (Work At Home Dad)?

0 0%
  • Neither

3 60.00%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Introduction!
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theparentpack

Introduction!

Hi My name is Tina. I used to be very career oriented. I worked 60-70 hours per week up until the day before my son was born (on my day off). When he came into our lives work seemed so trivial to me. I left my job before my Maternity leave was over. I returned to work when my son was about 15 months old. I worked for about a year, and regreted it. Then I became pregnant with my daughter. I had to leave work to spend 7 of the 9 months in bed miserable. I decided not to return to work again. When my daughter was about 8-9 months old my Father In-Law was killed in an automobile accident. Regretably, we moved in with my Mother In-Law to help her out. I had to go to work full time so I put the kids into a Montessori Daycare. My kids were there about 8 months when my son came home with adult sized handprints deeply bruised into his arm and neck, and smaller marks all over his torso. We were horrified, he was only 4 1/2. I pulled them out and we ended up moving, after my husband took his old job back.

The whole experience made it difficult for me to mourn the passing of my Father In-Law. At the time I began creating different Photo Gifts as an outlet, and for gift giving. I developed an entire product line.

We just moved to Sonoma County in January of 2005. Now I am building my business slow, and steady.

Update: We did not put my son back into Preschool We tried Public school from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. He is 8, and has just had a miserable experience in public school, as well as his private school (pre-school) experiences, so in November of 2005 I decided to pull him out and Homeschool him! We are a thriving family once again.

Another project that I have been working on since September of 2005 is a local WAHP (Work At Home Parent) group. If you are a WAHP who resides in Sonoma County, CA we are building a local FREE organization for promoting our businesses. Check us out at: The Parent Pack. We are planning on holding several events through Sonoma County, throughout the year to promote WAHM and WAHD owned businesses.

I take such pride in my family, my business, and my organization. It just does not get much better than this!
    Last edited by theparentpack; 02-02-2006 at 02:36 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email