Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Gayla

Please Oppose NEW CA TAX on ANIMAL CARE

ATTENTION ALL ANIMAL OWNERS: Proposed New Tax Law
    Please call the governor's office and make it known that balancing the budget at the expense of our pets health is not acceptable!!!

I just made the phone call. It's all automated, so anytime of night or day is okay, and it took all of 30 seconds, total.

Times are tough enough without taking it out on our furry friends! -
    CA wants to legislate a 9% tax on all veterinary services, including meds. This is really reprehensible at a time when so much is being done to heighten awareness regarding caring for animals. Veterinarians, whose training and licensing is as rigorous as that of MD's will now have their care taxed as though they were dispensing canned goods. The cost of surgeries, neutering, etc., is already high, and an additional 9% will certainly discourage many from giving their pets care.

No Veterinary tax in California, please!

Please call the governor's office and make it known that balancing the budget at the expense of our pets health is not acceptable!!!
    It only takes about 20 seconds because it is all automated:

Call 916-445-2841
    Press 1 for English.
    Press 5 for the Veterinary Tax Proposal.
    It will ask you to press 1 if you are calling about the Veterinary Tax Proposal, so press 1.
    Then press 2 to oppose the tax.

Please forward to others.....We need all the help we can get to oppose this awful tax!
    --at no cost to you. The advertisers pay for the clicks and the money buys bowls of food.

https://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_081008_ARS

It only takes a second to make a difference...
    If you have two seconds, click again to help the Rainforest.
    Your click(s) matters!

If you feel like shopping, there are some fun things to buy on the site,
    and every item you purchase funds at least 14 bowls of
    food for animals in need, or acres of Rainforest protection.

I signed up for a daily reminder from the site, so, I remember to make my clicks. It's a fun and easy way to assure that I do, at least, one good deed for the animals and the Rainforest, everyday.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    PeriodThree

Re: Please Oppose NEW CA TAX on ANIMAL CARE

I am so sorry that I need to disagree with you.

I love my two dogs dearly, but I strongly disagree with your premise.

And I hope that most people on WACCO also disagree with you.

It is horribly unpopular to say so, but we are stunningly undertaxed in California, and in the United States in general.

Progressives want more and more government services, but usually downplay the part where we need to pay for those services. We pay for the services we get through our taxes.

You say that 'balancing the budget at the expense of our pets health is not acceptable!!!" Well I say that cutting medical care for people in order to avoid taxing vet services is unacceptable.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gayla: View Post
    ATTENTION ALL ANIMAL OWNERS: Proposed New Tax Law

I just made the phone call. It's all automated, so anytime of night or day is okay, and it took all of 30 seconds, total.

Times are tough enough without taking it out on our furry friends! -
    CA wants to legislate a 9% tax on all veterinary services, including meds. This is really reprehensible at a time when so much is being done to heighten awareness regarding caring for animals. Veterinarians, whose training and licensing is as rigorous as that of MD's will now have their care taxed as though they were dispensing canned goods. The cost of surgeries, neutering, etc., is already high, and an additional 9% will certainly discourage many from giving their pets care.

No Veterinary tax in California, please!

It only takes about 20 seconds because it is all automated:

Call 916-445-2841
    Press 1 for English.
    Press 5 for the Veterinary Tax Proposal.
    It will ask you to press 1 if you are calling about the Veterinary Tax Proposal, so press 1.
    Then press 2 to oppose the tax.

Please forward to others.....We need all the help we can get to oppose this awful tax!
    --at no cost to you. The advertisers pay for the clicks and the money buys bowls of food.

https://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_081008_ARS

It only takes a second to make a difference...
    If you have two seconds, click again to help the Rainforest.
    Your click(s) matters!

If you feel like shopping, there are some fun things to buy on the site,
    and every item you purchase funds at least 14 bowls of
    food for animals in need, or acres of Rainforest protection.

I signed up for a daily reminder from the site, so, I remember to make my clicks. It's a fun and easy way to assure that I do, at least, one good deed for the animals and the Rainforest, everyday.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email