Monday night saw a very passionate discussion at the City of Petaluma Council meeting. More than 30 folks filled out speaker cards to address the Council and voice concerns about the plant. The Council will be writing a strong letter to be delivered to the Sonoma County board of Supervisors to NOT approve this Asphalt Recycling plant.

This is a SERIOUS issue for Sonoma County. I am NOT a "not in my backyard" kind of person. I DO however firmly embrace and endorse recycling and taking care of my environment and COMMUNITY. I don't think this plant producing toxic chemicals that will be released into our air and water is the CORRECT industry for our city or County.

Here are a few links to read for yourself. If you care at all about the outcome...I would URGE you to make your voice heard to the Board of Supervisors. Write letters, emails or call them and urge them to SAY NO TO DUTRA.

Other information you might find helpful:
Council opposes asphalt plant
Published January 27, 2009
Petaluma council opposes asphalt plant proposal | Petaluma360.com | Petaluma Argus-Courier | Petaluma, CA

Petaluma park fans fume over asphalt plant
Published January 24, 2009
Petaluma park users fuming over plans for asphalt plant | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

Petaluma Sitnks
PetalumaStinks - Protesting the Dutra Asphalt Plant