Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Yeah! Here comes B-I-G govt. Welcome Obama.

Along with the historical election of the first African-American president also comes the historical return of B I G government and all of its blessings, just like with FDR and his New Deal. Hopefully, the Obama administration will gift the American people with a New Deal II. Big government works.

I'm proud to say that I voted for President Obama on November 4th.

Edward
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 01-22-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Yea! Here comes B I G govt. Welcome Obama.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Along with the historical election of the first African-American president also comes the historical return of B I G government and all of its blessings, just like with FDR and his New Deal. ...
    I'm proud to say that I voted for President Obama on November 4th. ...
    Well, if Obama shut down a few of the immensely expensive programs W. put in place he could easily pay for a whole lot of work programs that actually do something lasting and worthwhile. Let's see if he has what it takes to admit most of the "War on Terror" dollars are being wasted along with the Iraq war dollars.

I'm hoping for a lot of accounting work to begin. Let's start by auditing the Pentagon. Bill Clinton should be put in charge of that since he already had that underway when he left office. Bush ended it his first day, no doubt as a cost cutting measure.

Then let's audit HUD which supposedly loses $50 billion a year. One wonders how that's possible, but then, one wonders how several tractor trailers full of $100 bills could be "lost" but the W. misadministration managed it. [sigh!]

So let's do the audits and then let's do the investigations and then let's do the indictments.

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    MsTerry

I miss out on that one! Any links?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    one wonders how several tractor trailers full of $100 bills could be "lost" but the W. misadministration managed it.

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    MsTerry

$1 billion could buy a lot of terror -- Page 1 -- Times Union - Albany NY
    but Jeff said it was GW
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    I miss out on that one! Any links?

5. TopTop #5
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    I'm astonished you're ignorant of this.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

This is the biggest withdrawal of cash in the history of the Earth. Also the biggest theft of cash ever. Tons and tons of $100 bills, just stolen.

The order to do this came directly from the White House.

-Jeff

6. TopTop #6
    MsTerry

I do remember the cash giveaways, but never saw the total
    $12.000,000,000

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    I'm astonished you're ignorant of this.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

This is the biggest withdrawal of cash in the history of the Earth. Also the biggest theft of cash ever. Tons and tons of $100 bills, just stolen.

The order to do this came directly from the White House.

-Jeff

7. TopTop #7
    Dynamique

BIG government is no problem (small just does not work) as long as it is also GOOD government operating under solid progressive values and ethics!

Along with the historical election of the first African-American president also comes the historical return of B I G government and all of its blessings, just like with FDR and his New Deal. Hopefully, the Obama administration will gift the American people with a New Deal II. Big government works.

Edward

8. TopTop #8
    Neshamah

Re: Government that works

Did you watch his inaugural address, or noticed his first executive orders? Sorry to disappoint, but Obama is already working to contain government. The salaries of top government officials are now frozen, he is closing Guantanamo, putting strict limits on lobbying, and doing what is in his power to make government more open. His inaugural address emphasized cutting costs. Obama is not aiming to grow government. He is aiming to make it work. He also emphasized throughout his address that it was not senior government officials, but ultimately the American people who will meet the challenges that face us.

I'm sure his optimistic view of government's ability to fill in where American resolve falls short is closer to your views than mine, but thankfully, it is not the second New Deal. He's not provoking a Japanese pre-emptive strike, attempting to stack the Supreme Court, or run for a third term.

He clearly means to be a President for everyone, not just those who agree with him. I am not sure he would appreciate your partisan interpretation.

~ Neshamah

Edward