Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bokken

looking for a Compost Guru

Hi,

I need to build a composting setup , and I'd really like to talk to someone with a good grasp ( based on experience, not just books) of the pro and cons of different methods. My consulting budget might just stretch to buying this person lunch-not much more than that, although I do have tradeable skills I'd be happy to offer.

thanks, Mark

if you're interested:

[email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nicofrog

Re: looking for a Compost Guru

Hi Mark;
    I am WAY into compost,and Soil amending worm systems.
    I'd love lunch, and I'll give anybody the basics of both "hot" and worm Composting for free! I have large charts with diagrams of good simple
    systems . I have found very little accurate info on line. some worm, 'o' hot.
    the two major most easily purchased systems are, in my humble opinion, crap. can be modified to work with many bungee cords,punching holes for the cords etc.
    Big first question is are there coons ,dogs or rats where you plan to do this? Nico 707 684 0341

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bokken: View Post
    Hi,

I need to build a composting setup , and I'd really like to talk to someone with a good grasp ( based on experience, not just books) of the pro and cons of different methods. My consulting budget might just stretch to buying this person lunch-not much more than that, although I do have tradeable skills I'd be happy to offer.

thanks, Mark

if you're interested:

[email protected]

3. TopTop #3
    Lyndi

Re: looking for a Compost Guru

Composting & Worm Bins
    Sunday, August 24, 2008
    Come learn how to transform your kitchen scraps into powerful nutrition for your plants. You will learn about commercial bins and receive plans to make your own composting containers. We’ve even got some compost songs and muffins will be provided. This workshop will be held at the Ray Miller Community Center, Willow Room 216 East School Street Cotati. 792-4422.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nicofrog: View Post
    Hi Mark;
    I am WAY into compost,and Soil amending worm systems.
    I'd love lunch, and I'll give anybody the basics of both "hot" and worm Composting for free! I have large charts with diagrams of good simple
    systems . I have found very little accurate info on line. some worm, 'o' hot.
    the two major most easily purchased systems are, in my humble opinion, crap. can be modified to work with many bungee cords,punching holes for the cords etc.
    Big first question is are there coons ,dogs or rats where you plan to do this? Nico 707 684 0341