Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    cocreator

Remove built-in propane tank from camper van?

Hi Gang,

Does anyone out there in WaccoLand know how to safely remove the propane tank that comes built into most class B camper vans? I feel very uncomfortable having gas under my bed, even if the cannister's empty (and in order to empty it, I'd have to turn on the stove...)

Most RV owners I've asked about this so far suggest not messing with it, so it would need to be someone who's ideally 1) a mechanic 2) experienced with camper vans and 3) has some knowledge about how to do this.

Thanks!

Amara
    800-862-0157
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nicofrog

Re: Remove built-in propane tank from camper van?

Hi ;
    I can remove it; I work for 20 an hour.
    depending on how much hassle it is , that's how much it costs!
    Propane tanks, when turned off are relatively safe even full, if a grass-fire lit your rig on fire, you would be out of there for a half an hour before the tank"went off".
    a gasoline tank in a car is WAY more dangerous.
    You can take it to most vehicle serving propane facilities, and they could remove the gas, probably at no expense, since they get the gas!
    once the gas is gon, there is no danger whatsoever from the system.
    Nico 707 684 0341
    Quote cocreator wrote: View Post
    Hi Gang,

Does anyone out there in WaccoLand know how to safely remove the propane tank that comes built into most class B camper vans? I feel very uncomfortable having gas under my bed, even if the cannister's empty (and in order to empty it, I'd have to turn on the stove...)

Most RV owners I've asked about this so far suggest not messing with it, so it would need to be someone who's ideally 1) a mechanic 2) experienced with camper vans and 3) has some knowledge about how to do this.

Thanks!

Amara
    800-862-0157
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email