Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Email address privacy

Dear Barry,
    You're quite right to take steps to finally get paid at least something for all the work you've
    done for free all this time. It's hard, highly skilled work and of great value to those receiving
    the service. Because of my absolute refusal to give a dime to the Pentagon and my
    preference not to go to prison, i live on >$700/month and really can't afford to donate
    (until maybe after i've bought land and built a house, so i'm paying only property tax
    instead of spending >1/2 my income on rent.) The thing is that i want to avoid a continuation
    of the uglymouth i've started getting for being politically progressive from some of the
    people who are starting to join now. How has one of them gotten my email address, and how
    do i stop that? I was very careful to reply through wacco and not directly from my email account.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Email address privacy

Your email is disclosed in two circumstances:

1) Your email is encoded, but hidden, on individual email updates from your post. About 30 people get individuals emails of all posts. Plus people who post to a thread are also subscribed for individual emails to future posts to that thread.

2) Your email is also disclosed if you reply privately or reply to a private reply.

HOWEVER, Any contacts that are made that originate from WaccoBB.net are still governed by our guidelines, including being respectful. So if someone is badgering you, please forward an email to me and I will take it up with them.

Barry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post
    Dear Barry,
    You're quite right to take steps to finally get paid at least something for all the work you've
    done for free all this time. It's hard, highly skilled work and of great value to those receiving
    the service. Because of my absolute refusal to give a dime to the Pentagon and my
    preference not to go to prison, i live on >$700/month and really can't afford to donate
    (until maybe after i've bought land and built a house, so i'm paying only property tax
    instead of spending >1/2 my income on rent.) The thing is that i want to avoid a continuation
    of the uglymouth i've started getting for being politically progressive from some of the
    people who are starting to join now. How has one of them gotten my email address, and how
    do i stop that? I was very careful to reply through wacco and not directly from my email account.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email