Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: brunch places
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    350kitty

brunch places

I LOOOOVE breakfast!!!
    What are your favorite brunch places in Santa Rosa and Sebastopol?

Who has great multigrain pancakes or waffles? yummy home fries?
    Know of a place that makes sourdough or cinnamon French toast?
    or offers sourdough toast?
    hot chocolate made with real milk?
    Who has interesting omelettes?
    Who offers chorizo & scrambled eggs?
    What place is nice, relaxed and not too crowded on a weekend?
    Who has an outdoor patio?

Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Peace Seeker

Re: brunch places

There's a fairly new Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant called Abyssinia at 913 4th Street in Santa Rosa. Breakfasts Sat. & Sunday, 9:30-11:30 am -- all under $5.00.

I also really like the Colibri Grill Cafe (4233 Montgomery Drive - Santa Rosa), in the strip mall where Summerfield T's into Montgomery, open 7 days, breakfast & lunch 7 am - 3 pm. Their breakfasts mostly cost $9.00 (plus tip).

And Hank's Creekside Diner for delicious, stuff-your-gut breakfast plates with great home fries: 2800 4th Street (just west of Farmer's lane on the south side), Santa Rosa.

Su Casa, in St. Francis Center (Next to the Safeway at Hwy. 12 & Calistoga Road, in Santa Rosa, serves pretty tasty, reasonably priced Mexican breakfasts. And they serve real Mexican hot chocolate.

Everyone working in these places looks fairly content, so the owners are probably OK to work for.

David

3. TopTop #3
    Deborah

Quote Posted in reply to the post by katycat: View Post
    I LOOOOVE breakfast!!!

Thanks!
    East West on Main Street has the BEST pancakes, try the blueberry, and very interesting omelet combo's. Deborah

4. TopTop #4
    riverreb

The French Garden in Sebastopol has fabulous crepes!

5. TopTop #5
    "Mad" Miles

"Su Casa, in St. Francis Center (Next to the Safeway at Hwy. 12 & Calistoga Road, in Santa Rosa, serves pretty tasty, reasonably priced Mexican breakfasts. And they serve real Mexican hot chocolate.

David"

Su Casa also serves what is in my opinion the best "American" Breakfast in Santa Rosa and the West County.

When I lived in Rincon Valley I went there often.

Now that I'm in Forestville it's a bit far to travel.

"Mad" Miles

6. TopTop #6
    NudeTea

I'd love to find some good places myself. When you find some place you like after this query we should all meet there and enjoy it !!
    Last edited by shellebelle; 04-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.

7. TopTop #7
    scatalano79

I LOOOOVE breakfast!!!

Thanks!
    Wow, this sounds JUST like Carlos' Country Kitchen. My husband and I ate there about a week ago and FELL IN LOVE with it! I had country fried steak and eggs and it was perfect. The best gravy I have ever had, and it was a REAL country fries steak, not like you get at a chain joint!! The hash browns were cooked crisp of the outside and tender on the inside. The biscuits were great! My husband had a cheeseburger and he really enjoyed it (he is very picky when it comes to his burgers). The staff was very friendly (like you should find in a mom and pop place) and efficient! We sat outside, as the inside was slammed! The patio contains, I think, for sturdy picnic tables, with umbrella options (it was too perfect a day for them when we were there).

Our waitress was Marilee, and she was the best waitress we have had in quite a while (with the exception of Mariah at Coco's, whom we love the best!!)

So if you get the chance to check it out, I think you too will fall in love! They are also in the Sonoma Express book... or whatever it is called now. So you can check them out at a discount too!!

Love and Support,
    S

8. TopTop #8
    AmyC

HI Everyone,
    I thought you might like to know that the Forestville Odd Fellows Lodge is having a Brunch Special on SUNDAY'S only 9:30am - 1:00pm

They have an intent to raise enough $$ to put on a new roof. Char and her husband are doing all the work. He is a Fabulous Cook and she is an entertaining waitperson.

The best part is that breakfast costs no more than $3.00 - $6.00 and this includes coffee..... Menu is omletts, pancakes, meat and eggs cooked your way.......... I got so much food that I had to ask for a "to - go" plate and had enough food for breakfast the next day too!

Come Check out Forestville for a fabulous Brunch...

oh yea..... The Odd Fellows Hall is the building just past the grade school on the corner of COVEY and 116...... You'll see a sign on the right if you look up.

Come support Forestville and help raise a roof!
    amy

9. TopTop #9
    counterpoint

Parkside Cafe on Santa Rosa Ave. in Santa Rosa, across from Juilliard Park-- there's usually a line out the door, but worth any waiting...You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!
    I LOOOOVE breakfast!!!

Thanks!

10. TopTop #10
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Oh my Gawd !!

I had the most YUMMIEST brunch EVER in Sebastopol at
    STARLIGHT WINE Bar !!!

It was simply AMAZING ! I have not found any other place that is as yummy and cozy atmosphere when it comes to brunch!

I waited a while to check STARLITE out as I had heard their brunch prices can range from $8.00 - 15.00 depending. But I had heard such great things about dinner and brunch at STARLITE, I just could not resist any longer!

And now, I am feeling eager to go back ASAP!

My friend ended up choosing the scrumptious and VERY tasty Eggs Benedict.
    It was piled high on top of some unique yummy potatoe cakes and came with: poached eggs, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Heirloom tomatoes and the BEST creole Hollandaise sauce . ($15.00 and WELL worth it!)

I ordered the biscuits and gravy option ($8.00) but was forewarned by the warm and friendly staff of the spiciness of the dish. As spicy food does not particularly work well for my digestion, I opted to ask for sides of the Hollandaise Sauce to poor all over my biscuits! I was in HEAVEN!!

We also sampled a side order of Starlites' famous Grits which were extremely good and near perfect! ($3.00)
    I honestly have not found anywhere else in Sonoma County that can make grits this good! You gotta try some when you go!

I also recommend trying Starlites great tasting and unique pancakes as well! Yummy and unlike any other pancakes you have ever had! ($10.00)

The most pleasant experience was meeting the owner/staff and finally seeing the unique decoration and design of the restaurant.
    I must say, Heather and staff were more than willing and eager to take really good care of us! They were warm , welcoming and friendly!

THUMBS UP!!
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 05-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.

11. TopTop #11
    Sandy

My daughter and I go to Piner Cafe. It is only open til 2pm daily and is our favorite. If the line is too long, our second favorte is Louie's at 3rd and Fulton. Our friends like the Nutty Irishman across from the Piner Cafe. We ate at the soulfood restaurant at Coffee and Piner and hope their soulfood is better than their breakfast. Sam's for Play is good too. The one time we at Carlos' we couldn't tell what meat they used in their gravy but liked the rest of the breakfast. Then, if you want a drive in the country, there is Howard's in Occidental. Be prepared to wait but it is worth it!

12. TopTop #12
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Can we have a WACCO community Sunday brunch/wine tasting get together at STARLITE soon?!!!

13. TopTop #13
    MsTerry

It is usually helpful for people to know where a recommended place is located.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    Oh my Gawd !!

I had the most YUMMIEST brunch EVER in Sebastopol at
    STARLIGHT WINE Bar !!!

It was simply AMAZING ! I have not found any other place that is as yummy and cozy atmosphere when it comes to brunch!

I waited a while to check STARLITE out as I had heard their brunch prices can range from $8.00 - 15.00 depending. But I had heard such great things about dinner and brunch at STARLITE, I just could not resist any longer!

And now, I am feeling eager to go back ASAP!

My friend ended up choosing the scrumptious and VERY tasty Eggs Benedict.
    It was piled high on top of some unique yummy potatoe cakes and came with: poached eggs, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Heirloom tomatoes and the BEST creole Hollandaise sauce . ($15.00 and WELL worth it!)

I ordered the biscuits and gravy option ($8.00) but was forewarned by the warm and friendly staff of the spiciness of the dish. As spicy food does not particularly work well for my digestion, I opted to ask for sides of the Hollandaise Sauce to poor all over my biscuits! I was in HEAVEN!!

We also sampled a side order of Starlites' famous Grits which were extremely good and near perfect! ($3.00)
    I honestly have not found anywhere else in Sonoma County that can make grits this good! You gotta try some when you go!

I also recommend trying Starlites great tasting and unique pancakes as well! Yummy and unlike any other pancakes you have ever had! ($10.00)

The most pleasant experience was meeting the owner/staff and finally seeing the unique decoration and design of the restaurant.
    I must say, Heather and staff were more than willing and eager to take really good care of us! They were warm , welcoming and friendly!

THUMBS UP!!

14. TopTop #14
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Oh yes. To offer a good, 'objective recommendation or report' would include the location , wouldn't it?

Right near the infamous Coffee Catz in the ole train!

https://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...&name=&dtype=s

Wanna meet me for brunch Ms. Terry ?!
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 05-30-2008 at 12:17 AM.

15. TopTop #15
    Peace Seeker

For Santa Rosa denizens and venturesome outlanders:

How about a weekday WaccoBrunch at one of our urban eateries?

I haven't yet tried Abyssinia at 913 4th Street in Santa Rosa.

I'm also up for other locales, but I wanta keep it on the cheap.

The Piner Cafe, at 975 Piner, could be a geographic compromise.

======================

Can we have a WACCO community Sunday brunch/wine tasting get together at STARLITE soon?!!!

16. TopTop #16
    MsTerry

Wanna meet me for brunch Ms. Terry ?!
    Off course?

17. TopTop #17
    Karen Melton

This recommendation sounded like a detailed advertisement - was it written by the owner?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    It is usually helpful for people to know where a recommended place is located.

18. TopTop #18
    MsTerry

LOL. That is interesting me and NT cooking together!?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karen Melton: View Post
    This recommendation sounded like a detailed advertisement - was it written by the owner?

19. TopTop #19
    shellebelle

Brunch!

Starlite!

11am!

Join Us!

Across the hall from Coffee Catz! Across the street (in the strip center) from the fisherman in boat art!

20. TopTop #20
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    Brunch!

Starlite!

11am!

Join Us!
    Today I suppose you mean? So I'm supposed to be there in 20 minutes? I live an hour away. And I just ate a big breakfast.

Please, dear lady, a little more advanced notice is needed.

I suspect this is an aborted attempt since few you might have expected to join you were notified in a timely manner.

So give us a nice review of the place and we'll see if we can get together some time in the future.

-Jeff

21. TopTop #21
    350kitty

Yeah, I saw this post too late and had plans anyway. Typically Saturdays are better for me than Sundays.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! For all your suggestions! Much appreciated!!!!

22. TopTop #22
    shellebelle

We'd love to another day! Just announce one!

The food was great - the company outstanding! Heather the owner is wonderful! We'd do it again in a heart beat!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    Brunch!

Starlite!

11am!

Join Us!

Across the hall from Coffee Catz! Across the street (in the strip center) from the fisherman in boat art!