Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Laurie Reaume

how to restore split screen view in XP?

As I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5, the desktop view suddenly split into two side by side halves. The Start menu and taskbar "jumped"
    to the top left of the half-screen on the right.

This is on an Acer laptop computer, running Windows XP.

I've uninstalled the software program and restarted the computer with no change in the screen status. Anyone know how to restore the desktop view
    so there's one large screen again, with the green Start icon and task bar at the lower left corner?

Thanks!
    Laurie
    [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    sonomatom

Re: how to restore split screen view in XP?

Did you try? :
    Control Panel -> Display -> Settings (Tab) -> Clicking on your "Primary Display", then checking to see if it's just "1" and not split or set for a second monitor.

This is exactly the way that you turn off (or on) a Secondary Display, for instance with a laptop, you can send your graphics to the built in LCD AND/OR a monitor usually connected to the blue VGA 15 pin connector on the back of your laptop.

I have not seen the split screen problem before, I have seen the primary screen being turned off (a checkbox near the bottom that says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor.")

Also, being a laptop, you may have a blue hotkey setup that is doing this to you. Usually the Blue "Fn" key in combination with a row of keys across the top (usually repurposed F keys) will turn on and off custom features built in to your laptop. The symbols are often cryptic.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email