Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal Aliens
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Reportanddeport

Illegal Aliens

Flower shops buy greenery from people for use in bouquets. I used to sell the florist I worked for clippings from the trees in my own yard. So it's possible that your trees are being harvested by a thief who is then selling your tree parts.

I suggest you take a picture of your trees, and maybe bring in a leaf sample to the different florists in your area and see if they are buying your tree parts, and maybe you can get them to stop it.

If massive amounts of clippings are disappearing, then you might even be losing out to a wholesale florist supply service.

I find it very unlikely that someone would regularly steal from your for their own personal arrangements.

I would not be surprised if illegal aliens are doing this.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by JulieJess: View Post
    A month or so ago we noticed that several of the young maples along the front of our property looked irregular in shape. On closer inspection we discovered many branches had been cut off, leaving only stubs. This cutting of branches has continued to happen despite lights and a sign, and at last count five trees had lost 38 limbs.

A few more branches are taken every week, and now very high branches are going, necessitating the use of a stepladder. The trees are grotesque and may not survive, and at $200 a tree and four years of growth, this is a huge loss for us.

These are small branches, an inch or so at the large end, and 4 to 8 feet long. The trimmings are taken away, so we’re pretty sure it’s not just malicious vandalism, but that someone is using them for some purpose. (Even the sheriff thought this whole thing was pretty weird.) The leaves had just started to turn, so we’re guessing that maybe someone wanted them for (large) decorations.

So who is doing this? There’s obviously a market somewhere. Maybe an interior decorator or florist. If you see, in your wanderings, pots full of long maple branches with small red leaves, perhaps in a restaurant, winery or hotel, please let us know. Our overwhelming emotion is sadness — that in the wonderfulness of West County there exists a person who would come onto private property and disfigure small trees.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Magick

Re: Tree Mutilation

I find it very disturbing that you would assume that what you call "illegal aliens" are guilty of something you have no evidence of. This kind of prejudice is divisive and hurtful.
    I find the term illegal alien offensive and know that much of the problem with poverty in Mexico and other poor countries are caused by our trade policies.
    This request to report and deport is a sad commentary on the current level of compassion in our culture. I hope you reconsider your assumptions and find it in your heart to try to understand and to research the true cause of so many poor coming to the US.
    Peace, Magick

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Reportanddeport: View Post
    Flower shops buy greenery from people for use in bouquets. I used to sell the florist I worked for clippings from the trees in my own yard. So it's possible that your trees are being harvested by a thief who is then selling your tree parts.

I suggest you take a picture of your trees, and maybe bring in a leaf sample to the different florists in your area and see if they are buying your tree parts, and maybe you can get them to stop it.

If massive amounts of clippings are disappearing, then you might even be losing out to a wholesale florist supply service.

I find it very unlikely that someone would regularly steal from your for their own personal arrangements.

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

Hmmmmm

So are you more concerned about other countries homeless and poor and suggesting we simply ignore our own?

How about we fix our own countries poverty before we worry about others? Let their country worry about their people.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Magick: View Post
    I hope you reconsider your assumptions and find it in your heart to try to understand and to research the true cause of so many poor coming to the US.
    Peace, Magick

4. TopTop #4
    vdeva

Thank you Magick for your reply....I was saddened and disturbed by this statement as I read it too.

vdeva

I find it very disturbing that you would assume that what you call "illegal aliens" are guilty of something you have no evidence of. This kind of prejudice is divisive and hurtful.
    I find the term illegal alien offensive and know that much of the problem with poverty in Mexico and other poor countries are caused by our trade policies.
    This request to report and deport is a sad commentary on the current level of compassion in our culture. I hope you reconsider your assumptions and find it in your heart to try to understand and to research the true cause of so many poor coming to the US.
    Peace, Magick

5. TopTop #5
    Reportanddeport

"Illegal aliens" are people in America without legal permission to be here and work here. I understand people find this term offensive, but I can't figure out why that is. When someone is in America illegally, they are frequently up to no good. You don't know where they came from nor what their real name is nor what their history is nor who they've hurt nor what crimes they've committed. And since illegal aliens can't work here, legally, then they will commit crimes, like stealing someone's tree branches to sell as greenery to a florist. Sonoma County has 10,000-15,000 illegal aliens, and many of them are illegal vendors. So I would not be surprised to see them doing whatever it takes to suck money out of America. I figure since America is a sovereign country, we can make whatever kind of deals we want to. And because other countries sign for their part of the deal too, it doesn't somehow mean that We The People have to then surrender our U.S.A. to those individuals who choose to break our laws. The true causes of people sneaking into America is for the same reason as any other theft: YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT IT, IF YOU DON'T STOP THEM, THEY'RE GONNA TAKE IT. I am poor too, so tell me where you live so I can come rob your house.
    Peace, Magick

6. TopTop #6
    vdeva

If you want to talk about people who break our laws then why not mention the illegal actions of the current President & Vice who stole the elections and then broke so many laws that their administration will live in infamy.

The history of workers coming across that southern border is long and complicated. It is so because the need for cheap Mexican and Central American labor has pre-empted the need for protection against these people....also because these folks are primarily hard-working and honest. The hatefulness that you don’t even see in your response is really upsetting. Its this kind of racist scapegoating that brought about the oppression of Jews in Europe.

"Illegal aliens" are people in America without legal permission to be here and work here. I understand people find this term offensive, but I can't figure out why that is. When someone is in America illegally, they are frequently up to no good. You don't know where they came from nor what their real name is nor what their history is nor who they've hurt nor what crimes they've committed. And since illegal aliens can't work here, legally, then they will commit crimes, like stealing someone's tree branches to sell as greenery to a florist. Sonoma County has 10,000-15,000 illegal aliens, and many of them are illegal vendors. So I would not be surprised to see them doing whatever it takes to suck money out of America. I figure since America is a sovereign country, we can make whatever kind of deals we want to. And because other countries sign for their part of the deal too, it doesn't somehow mean that We The People have to then surrender our U.S.A. to those individuals who choose to break our laws. The true causes of people sneaking into America is for the same reason as any other theft: YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT IT, IF YOU DON'T STOP THEM, THEY'RE GONNA TAKE IT. I am poor too, so tell me where you live so I can come rob your house.

7. TopTop #7
    vdeva

You know this is one of my button pushers and I want to say again that the targeting of "illegal aliens" is a scary development that has brought about so many problems for good, hardworking really poor people....as well as keeping our focus on "Blaming the Victim" instead of watching those who are bringing this country to its knees.

The people closest to me who came across the border without papers were the 2 sisters I helped raise who came with their family when they were 2 and 3 years old. My family gave so much of ourselves to help them raise themselves out of their poverty and get them green cards so they wouldn't fear deportation.

It is so difficult to immigrate here, if you really knew what folks go through, you would understand more how people suffer because of this system. The financial costs are tremendous and so many cannot bear this burden. And as Magick said the trade policies of NAFTA, GATT and the WTO have burdened people all over the world. People come to survive and make enough to return $ to help others survive at home or return with enough to survive when they go back.

Global Exchange offers a border education trip that you could join and learn more about the border and the new militarization taking over there.

Now one of these sisters is in service cleaning up hurricane damaged areas on the Gulf. The other is a bright, young woman working with families like the one she grew up in, giving and supporting people that she honors and shows the way. Like many immigrants before them they will be wonderful citizens.

I hope you can imagine that your thoughts against these people have been manufactured by those who want you to look toward where the most vulnerable can be blamed and away from those who need closer watch.

8. TopTop #8
    Reportanddeport

Because I was suggesting a possible explanation for the disappearance of tree branches, and I figured Bush and Cheney wouldn't have anything to do with it.

You're right that the history is complicated. But it need not be. It's going to take a fence and enforcement of our laws to set clearcut ideas of what behavior is acceptable and what is not. I think the weird, gray area of something being illegal but not enforced is terribly confusing and hurtful for EVERYONE. Lack of enforcement of any law makes you wonder why the law exists at all. And then SELECTIVE enforcement of a law is TERRIBLY UNFAIR.

No need for labor pre-empts ANYONE'S need for protection. Just because someone wants someone for cheap doesn't mean everyone else is going to surrender their security. Maybe YOU'RE willing to do it, but I'M not, and neither are millions of others. JOB ONE of government is and should be TO PROTECT, NOT provide cheap labor.

It seems to me that if the people of Mexico and Central America were primarily honest and hard-working, then those countries would already have stable, representative governments, instead of highly stratified societies with deeply corrupt governments. And I find it extremely naive that you would imply that people of those countries have some special blessing of honesty and exceptional work habits. It seems to me that the reason for good work habits has everything to do with your desire to keep a job, NOT where you come from. It seems to me that if they were so honest, they would have gotten permission to enter America, instead of sneaking in.

You're right, I DON'T see hatefulness in my posts, I just see the reality of what it takes to secure a COUNTRY. But it seems to me that YOU HATE AMERICA, or you're just furious that someone would disagree with you, or you have no concept whatsoever of "country".

There's absolutely NOTHING, "racist", about securing ANYTHING. That's a wall in your mind that you've yet to learn to see around.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by vdeva: View Post
    If you want to talk about people who break our laws then why not mention the illegal actions of the current President & Vice who stole the elections and then broke so many laws that their administration will live in infamy.

The history of workers coming across that southern border is long and complicated. It is so because the need for cheap Mexican and Central American labor has pre-empted the need for protection against these people....also because these folks are primarily hard-working and honest. The hatefulness that you don’t even see in your response is really upsetting. Its this kind of racist scapegoating that brought about the oppression of Jews in Europe.

9. TopTop #9
    Reportanddeport

YOU'RE telling ME that it's hard to get someone in the country??? REEEEEEAAALLYYYYY??? It took me 2 1/2 years to get my wife in the country, 2 trips to The Philippines, 2 trips to Canada, thousands of dollars, a stack of forms and documents a foot high and a couple gallons of tears:
    Dear Senator Feinstein,
    I am writing to request that you help me by forcing the Immigration and Naturalization Service to actually deliver service.
    Although the INS has caused a multitude of problems for me, I realize your time is limited, so I will make my first and foremost specific request immediately:
    Please force the INS California Service Center to actually answer the phone. I have been calling them almost every day, several times a day, for the past two weeks, and the line is ALWAYS busy when I call during business hours. There is absolutely NO way I can talk to the INS about my case. If you call this number, 949 831-8427, you will see that it is ALWAYS busy during the day. If you call that number at night, you can get information about cases, and a recording that says to call and talk to a person during business hours. Yet they either intentionally keep their phone off the hook during the day, or there are so many people calling that number, that it can't work. The INS must be forced to actually provide a service to the people it takes money from, and it should serve the American people. People should be allowed to get information about their cases.
    My case with the INS is for all intents and puposes DEAD, because the INS will not talk to me about it. The National Service Center knows nothing about my case, and they refer me to the California Service Center, yet the California Service Center does not actually do anything for me. I even wrote to the California Service Center almost a year ago, and they never answered me. My government is doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me.
    Although I filed a petition with the INS in March of 2001, and paid a fee, the INS has not answered the petition, nor will they tell me anything about the status of it.
    I have started a regular campaign of calling the National Service Center daily, to remind them that the California Service Center number is not working, in the hopes that the message will get to someone somewhere, and that maybe some day someone will make the phone work, and I can maybe talk about my case, and maybe get to live with my wife some day. The National Service Center then gave me another number to call, which does not work either, and I believe is not even a legitimate number, but is a recording pretending to be a real person, and it hangs up on you automatically. That number is 949 389-3007.
    I married a Philippine citizen in The Philippines in January of 2001, and petitioned her with an I-130 in March of 2001. The INS sent a receipt in March of 2001, and said that it will take 815 to 825 days (that's 2 1/4 YEARS) for them to process the petition. I then sent them a letter immediately, asking why it would take so long, but they never answered it.
    The ending of this cruel waiting period is my next request of you:
    Please stop this U.S. Government practice of attempting to limit immigration by making people wait so long to be re-united with their loved ones, that the marriages and families are destroyed. The United States might be successful in destroying my marriage, because I have cried so much in missing my wife, that I have contemplated divorce. People can't just hang on forever, while YEARS of their lives are wasted in lonliness, while they battle an indifferent government. The emotional trauma of loving and missing someone deeply, while you fight your own country to be with your loved one is devastating. If you want to limit immigration, simply pass a law banning international marriages, and then everyone will know not to get their hopes up.
    Please allow U.S. Citizens to bring their foreign spouses into the U.S. as soon as they are married. I should be able to start any criminal background checks in advance of marrige, and then simply use passports and a marriage certificate after marriage to immediately bring my spouse into the U.S.
    There is now suposedly a new type of visa, called a "K-3" visa, which will supposedly allow me to bring my wife into the U.S. sooner than after 2 1/4 years of waiting, but I have not applied for it yet, because I do not actually believe it will work, because the INS will not even talk to me about how they have screwed up my current case. My original petition might have been rejected already, and I have no way of finding out.
    A few nights ago, I was successful in reaching the California Service Center after hours, which is nothing but a recorded message. But it did say that in June of 2001, they sent me a notice saying that they needed more information to process my application with. But I never received anything from the INS. So for the past ten months, the INS has apparently done nothing with my petition, while they failed to notify me of anything. Now, if I can ever get through to the INS, I might find out what they need, or that they have rejected my petition because they think I abandoned the case. But I never abandoned the case, I simply never hear from the INS, and I don't know what they are doing. And if my petition has not been rejected, then perhaps I will have ten more months tacked on to the 2 1/4 years I have to wait for my application to be looked at, or maybe I will have to start the entire waiting period over again.
    I could have started calling The California Service Center a year ago, to see what they were doing, but I was told by the National Service Center not to call, because the California Service Center would have no information for me until my case was processed. And since the National Service Center didn't even know the answers to my questions, and so-called "Information Officers" hung up on me when I politely asked for information, I thought nothing would be accomplished by calling the California Service Center. But of course I have been going crazy, contemplating divorce, and missing my wife desparately, so I started calling a few weeks ago.
    If I had not been told by the people at the National Service Center not to call the Califonia Service Center, then I might have found out many months ago that the INS needed more information from me, and I would not be writing this letter now.
    The INS is a disaster of an agency. On separate phone calls to the National Service Center, I have been told that the processing time for my I-130 petition is 2 1/4 years, 1 year, 6 to 9 months, 1 month, and 3 to 31 months. I am told a different thing every time I call, and never am I told the same thing. Sometimes I am told not to call the California Service Center, because my waiting period is not up yet, and they would have no information for me. Other times I am told to call anyways. Yet the number NEVER works. One person at the National Service Center after I told her that I know the INS needs more information from me, suggested I do absolutley nothing for 2 1/4 years, and then see if the INS tries to contact me again.
    At the INS, nobody knows what they are doing, what the rules are, what the waiting periods are, what the waiting periods are for, nor will they talk to me about my case.
    I have no hope that without your help, the U.S. Government will ever do anything fair and responsible to talk to me and tell me what they are doing with my petition, and if I will ever get to have my wife.
    PLEASE help me find out what is going on with my case. PLEASE make the INS DO SOMETHING.
    Enclosed is a copy of my I-130 receipt, and a copy of the letter I sent to the INS a year ago.

Sincerely, Jeffrey Wilson
    [email protected]
    707 XXX-XXXX
    XXX XXXXXXX Dr.
    XXXXXXX, CA 9XXXX

MTLXXXXXXXXXX

To: U.S Department of State
    Re: Petitioner's change of address; and notice of discrepancy concerning beneficiary's name.
    Case no. MTLXXXXXXXXXX
    Date: 3-28-03

Approximately six weeks ago, I told the NVC by telephone, of my change of address. However, to insure that my change of address is properly recorded, and that mail concerning my wife's case is sent to the correct address, I thought I should send you this written notice.
    I, Jeffrey Wilson, am the petitioner for my wife, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson. Please send all mail concerning this case to:
    Jeffrey Wilson
    XXXX XXXXXXX Ave. Apt. A
    XXXX, Ca 9XXXX
    I recently reviewed the most recent correspondence you have sent me, and I noticed that you refer to my wife as "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson". This is acceptable to me, because it is indeed the name given on her Philippine passport, but is is different than the name I have previously provided to you. I gave you her name as "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson", because when I first petitioned her through the INS, the Philippine government had not yet updated her passport, and I did not know that they would insist on using her maiden name as her middle name. Because of the differences in Philippine and American tradition, I am actually confused as to what is XXXXX XXXXX'X legal middle name. I don't know of any U.S. law that recognizes a maiden name as a legal middle name, but I wish it to be known that "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson" and "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson" are one and the same person.
    For the sake of continuity, I am going to have my wife keep using the name, "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson", on the forms she sends to you. But I will have her refer to herself as "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson" if you explicitly instruct her to do so.

This is to report a change of address for both my self and my wife, and to inquire about the status of my case. My old address is Jeffrey Wilson, XXX XXXXXXXXX Dr., XXXXXXX, CA 9XXXX.
    My new address is Jeffrey Wilson, XXX XXXXXXXXXXX Dr., XXXXXXXXX, CA 9XXXX.
    My wife's old address is XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson, XX XXXX St., XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, XXX. XXXX, XXXXXXXX XXXX, Philippines 1XXX.
    My wife's new address is XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX Wilson, XXX-XXXX XXXX XXXXX, British Columbia, Canada XXX XXX.
    I submitted an I-130 application with you in March of 2001. You responded that month with a receipt saying that it will take 815 to 825 days to process the application.
    I wrote to you in April of 2001, and asked why it will take so long to process my application. You never responded to that letter.
    I have been trying every day, many times a day, for the past two weeks, to call you at 949 831-8427, to inquire about my case, but the number is always busy during business hours. A few days ago I called in the middle of the night, and listened to your automated recording about my case. In your recording, you said that in June of 2001, you sent me a notice requesting more information. I never received any notice from you asking for more information. If I had received such a request, I would have provided you with any information you needed.
    I have not abandoned my case with you. I hope you have not denied my petition, based on an assumption that I don't care to answer you.
    I do not know what you are doing with my case, nor has the INS given me a working way to inquire about it.
    Please make your phone system work, so I can call you and find out what you are doing with my case. Or please write me and tell me what is the status of my case. I wish to know if you have denied my petition, or if it has been processed at all. Since you say you asked me for more information in June of 2001, I wish to know if you have denied my petition because you think I don't want to co-operate; or if you have not denied my petition, will you add an additional ten months to my 825 day waiting period? And if you have denied my petition, am I permanently barred from ever getting my wife into the United States?

Jeffrey Wilson
    XXX XXXXXXXXXXX Dr.
    XXXXXXXXX, CA 9XXXX

Dear INS,
    according to to the instructions on the receipt for my I-130 petition, I should call you to inquire about the status of my case. So I have been doing that every day, sometimes several times a day, for the past month, but it is always busy during the day. However, I was able to use your automated system at night, which said that you sent me a request for more information in June of 2001. But I never received any request for information, and I surely would have responded had I received it. I love my wife very much, and I would co-operate with you to the utmost, if it would cause you to let her come home to me.
    I mailed you a written request in April of 2001, which you never responded to. I asked to know why it will take 815 to 825 days to process my petition.
    I mailed you another written request for more information in the first week of April, 2002, which you have not responded to either. I told you about my address change, and I asked about the status of my case.
    I talked to an immigration attorney who told me that you are processing the I-130 petitions of U.S. citizens in 8-10 months. However it has been 13 months since I petitioned my wife, and I still have heard nothing from you. I am indeed a U.S. citizen, as I proved with the birth certificate I submitted with my I-130 petition, so I am deeply distressed at your ignoring my letters, and not making your phone system work. My marriage with my wife is very real, and my separation from her is much too painful for me to simply forget about my petition. I can not and will not forsake my wife, simply because you will not answer me, but I am at a loss as to why you ignore me, and how to motivate you to respond to me.
    I will not let this case die, or drop this issue with you, and you will continue to hear from me with increasing frequency, until I get a response to my petition and/or letters. We are talking about my wife, the person I love very dearly, as you may love YOUR spouse, who is separated from me as if she is in prison, because she is locked away from me by your inaction.
    Everything about my petition and case is legal and straightforward, and I want to know what you are doing with it. Please tell me what is the status of my case, and tell me whatever information is needed to finish processing it.
    Jeffrey Wilson
    XXX XXXXXXX Dr.
    XXXXXXX, CA
    707 XXX-XXXX
    707 XXX-XXXX

Quote Posted in reply to the post by vdeva: View Post
    You know this is one of my button pushers and I want to say again that the targeting of "illegal aliens" is a scary development that has brought about so many problems for good, hardworking really poor people....as well as keeping our focus on "Blaming the Victim" instead of watching those who are bringing this country to its knees.

The people closest to me who came across the border without papers were the 2 sisters I helped raise who came with their family when they were 2 and 3 years old. My family gave so much of ourselves to help them raise themselves out of their poverty and get them green cards so they wouldn't fear deportation.

It is so difficult to immigrate here, if you really knew what folks go through, you would understand more how people suffer because of this system. The financial costs are tremendous and so many cannot bear this burden. And as Magick said the trade policies of NAFTA, GATT and the WTO have burdened people all over the world. People come to survive and make enough to return $ to help others survive at home or return with enough to survive when they go back.

Global Exchange offers a border education trip that you could join and learn more about the border and the new militarization taking over there.

Now one of these sisters is in service cleaning up hurricane damaged areas on the Gulf. The other is a bright, young woman working with families like the one she grew up in, giving and supporting people that she honors and shows the way. Like many immigrants before them they will be wonderful citizens.

I hope you can imagine that your thoughts against these people have been manufactured by those who want you to look toward where the most vulnerable can be blamed and away from those who need closer watch.

10. TopTop #10
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

You are poor in so many ways; you have my sympathy.

11. TopTop #11
    Dark Shadows

Let me tell you a story. The Kickapoo tribe was driven by the Cavalry from areas that span Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma into Mexico. What law gave them the right to do this? To take a people who originated from an area and drive them into a place that was unfamiliar and not very adaptable to their culture, i.e. they were used to hunting certain animals for food were not found in Mexico and used to growing certain vegetables that would not grow in that climate. They adapted, but the damage done to the culture was sometime irrepairable.

As a young girl, my grandmother, a Kickapoo would cross the border on a bridge that spanned the Rio Grande for a penny toll. She had no birth certificate and there was no record of which side of the border she came from. I can remember her being afraid to go to Mexico for fear they would detain her at the border for not having proof of citizenship and that she would never get home. She had cousins there who she dreamed of visiting, but could not.

What right has a people, or the US government to divide an ancestral homeland by an artificial border that separates families, for the sake of keeping this country free of undisirable, poorer individuals who had the misfortune (or maybe the fortune) to have been born on the wrong side of the border? The answer is that this is unconscionable.

12. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Illegal Aliens

When someone is in America illegally, they are frequently up to no good. You don't know where they came from nor what their real name is nor what their history is nor who they've hurt nor what crimes they've committed. And since illegal aliens can't work here, legally, then they will commit crimes, like stealing someone's tree branches to sell as greenery to a florist. ...The true causes of people sneaking into America is for the same reason as any other theft: YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT IT, IF YOU DON'T STOP THEM, THEY'RE GONNA TAKE IT. I am poor too, so tell me where you live so I can come rob your house.
    Santa Rosa is NOT worth living in. It is infested with illegal aliens and strange, filthy, scary, homeless people roaming the streets. ...See the filthy anchor babies playing in the street as their parents ignore them. ...Don't expect to meet decent people or make friends in Santa Rosa, because most people are cold and uncaring.
    You're right, I DON'T see hatefulness in my posts...
    Well, I have to agree with you on one count, Jeff (ReportAndDeport) I believe you don't see the hatefulness in your posts. The problem is that the rest of us do and it's unpleasant and even scary.

This board is about Connecting Conscious Community and it is for the progressive community. Given that you can't see the hatefulness in your posts I wouldn't count you among the conscious community. And from your immigration views as well as your work for Virgina Fuller, it doesn't seem that you are on the progressive end of the spectrum either.

You are welcome to express your views politely and respectfully. However you are not welcome to hijack threads to press your point about "illegal aliens". I have split your post and the ensuing comments from the "Tree Mutilation" thread into this new Illegal Aliens thread. Please confine your comments about this topic to this thread.

If you clear prejudice continues to come out I will have to ask you to leave.

13. TopTop #13
    Braggi

YOU'RE telling ME that it's hard to get someone in the country??? REEEEEEAAALLYYYYY??? It took me 2 1/2 years to get my wife in the country, 2 trips to The Philippines, 2 trips to Canada, thousands of dollars, a stack of forms and documents a foot high and a couple gallons of tears:...
    With that history one might think you would have some compassion for an impoverished, ignorant, non-English speaking immigrant coming to this country because it's too dangerous for them to remain in their homeland.

Kind of amazing you don't.

-Jeff

14. TopTop #14
    Lenny

When someone is in America illegally, they are frequently up to no good.
    Most I see are up to working, so we disagree.

You don't know where they came from nor what their real name is nor what their history is nor who they've hurt nor what crimes they've committed.
    Well, I don't think they want to have your baby, nor enter into some other close relationship with you. They want a job. Kind of simple, no? Or so I thought.

And since illegal aliens can't work here, legally, then they will commit crimes, like stealing someone's tree branches to sell as greenery to a florist. Sonoma County has 10,000-15,000 illegal aliens, and many of them are illegal vendors. So I would not be surprised to see them doing whatever it takes to suck money out of America. I figure since America is a sovereign country, we can make whatever kind of deals we want to. And because other countries sign for their part of the deal too, it doesn't somehow mean that We The People have to then surrender our U.S.A. to those individuals who choose to break our laws. The true causes of people sneaking into America is for the same reason as any other theft: YOU GOT IT, THEY WANT IT, IF YOU DON'T STOP THEM, THEY'RE GONNA TAKE IT. I am poor too, so tell me where you live so I can come rob your house.
    Now you got me spinning. You are poor, from your own admission, so you wish to come and steal, as "they" all have no good intentions, now you wish to do the same!?
    Please, don't come to my home as I am sure I've got something you want. But if you it is to be so, then....well, I've been in the poky before.
    As for those that want to work and make money and are here illegally prior to you painting ALL with your broad brush of illegality and their all being thieves and criminals, I believe that it was Anatole France that said something about, ""The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread."

15. TopTop #15
    OrchardDweller

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    Hmmmmm

So are you more concerned about other countries homeless and poor and suggesting we simply ignore our own?

How about we fix our own countries poverty before we worry about others? Let their country worry about their people.
    It's starting to get very bad here in the US. Doubt if the people in these videos will get much help from the govt as they are too busy bailing out their corporate buddies.

BBC: Tent cities spring up in L.A.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnOOo6tRs8

Southern California Shanty Town / Tent City
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmeHiFZUWtE

16. TopTop #16
    OrchardDweller

BTW I love meeting people of other cultures. That's why I spent so much of my life traveling. And I welcome immigration. But I am against illegal immigration. I believe immigrants whether from the south or the north should have their criminal record and health records checked, as is required for immigrants from any country. I guess these beliefs make me a racist in some people's view. But I know that many Mexican-Americans feel the same way I do.

Did you know that the US now has cases of leprosy? Many now in Texas. Is it possible that unchecked immigration from third world countries is the cause of third world diseases now being here in the US?

Some may believe that countries shouldn't have borders. But they do - that's the reality. So they have to be dealt with. If the American people do not wish to have borders for our country anymore, we should change the current laws through the vote of the people or through Congress. Ignoring immigration laws and leaving borders wide open isn't a good idea in my opinion.

Ever wonder why the govt leaves the borders wide open during this time when we are supposed to be fearing terrorists? Go to www.youtube.com or to Google and search "North American Union". That should give you a clue.

And while you're at it, research "Aztlan", "Mecha", "La Raza", "La Reconquista", "Plan of San Diego"... We actually saw a gang member looking fellow with a Mecha tattoo on his neck in Santa Rosa. Also saw two guys walking down Graton Road outside of Graton and one was wearing an "Aztlan Warrior" t-shirt. This stuff is for real. I'm told they openly speak about this stuff on the Spanish radio stations. Here's a new ad by the Mexican ad firm Teran...

And here's a photo of one of the numerous billboards which ran in L.A...

And here's a video of a near riot in California when Mexicans took down a US flag and replaced it with a Mexican flag...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y721T9nX0k

Better first look into what you are defending. One's anti "racism" stance may just be feeding a racist machine.

Aztec Al-Qaeda
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaEIKGWe7Q

The interesting thing about all this racist stuff is that it appears to be orchestrated by the U.S.'s Ford Foundation, part of the elite ruling class who are planning to bring in The North American Union and replace our dollar with the Amero. "Divide and Conquer", and "Order Out of Chaos" are their mottos. But that's a whole other subject...

17. TopTop #17
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OrchardDweller: View Post
    Did you know that the US now has cases of leprosy? Many now in Texas. Is it possible that unchecked immigration from third world countries is the cause of third world diseases now being here in the US?...
    I'm more concerned about drug resistant TB and STDs than leprosy, but I thought I'd take the bait here and do a little research with Google News. I did find a lot of articles from Nepal, India, and a few other far off lands (not the places illegal immigrants typically come from).

To read up on leprosy (Hanson's disease) in the US : https://www.huliq.com/52967/update-h...d-tuberculosis

This I did not know: (from the article) "...
    Hansen's Disease (leprosy) is an infectious disease that usually affects the skin, nerves and mucous membranes. It is not a disease that is easily spread. Ninety-five percent of the human population is genetically resistant to the disease (they cannot contract the disease). ..."

So, the vast majority of us could never get it and, as usual, there's not much to worry about. There are not many cases in the US and the number has been stable for several years.

The greatest number of immigrants bringing it into the US are coming from US territories in Micronesia and the Marshall Islands. They are legal immigrants.

https://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=38863

So, it's not what you think.

BTW, I don't support illegal immigration either, but I do realize it's a very complicated subject that can only be dealt with through multiple approaches. It ain't simple and it ain't easy, and that means our politicians aren't well equipped to deal with it since most of them are stupid, incompetent and lazy. (Oops! Did I mean to say that?)

-Jeff

18. TopTop #18
    succubusss

i would be happy to lie wait for them . i bite

I would not be surprised if illegal aliens are doing this.[/quote]

19. TopTop #19
    OrchardDweller

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    I'm more concerned about drug resistant TB and STDs than leprosy, but I thought I'd take the bait here and do a little research with Google News. I did find a lot of articles from Nepal, India, and a few other far off lands (not the places illegal immigrants typically come from).

To read up on leprosy (Hanson's disease) in the US : https://www.huliq.com/52967/update-h...d-tuberculosis

This I did not know: (from the article) "...
    Hansen's Disease (leprosy) is an infectious disease that usually affects the skin, nerves and mucous membranes. It is not a disease that is easily spread. Ninety-five percent of the human population is genetically resistant to the disease (they cannot contract the disease). ..."

So, the vast majority of us could never get it and, as usual, there's not much to worry about. There are not many cases in the US and the number has been stable for several years.

The greatest number of immigrants bringing it into the US are coming from US territories in Micronesia and the Marshall Islands. They are legal immigrants.

https://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=38863

So, it's not what you think.

BTW, I don't support illegal immigration either, but I do realize it's a very complicated subject that can only be dealt with through multiple approaches. It ain't simple and it ain't easy, and that means our politicians aren't well equipped to deal with it since most of them are stupid, incompetent and lazy. (Oops! Did I mean to say that?)

-Jeff

Mexico has had leprosy, we have open borders, and now we have leprosy in Texas. I don't see how anyone can say it doesn't come from south of the border when the people coming in from there aren't being screened.

20. TopTop #20
    MsTerry

Mexico has had leprosy, we have open borders, and now we have leprosy in Texas. I don't see how anyone can say it doesn't come from south of the border when the people coming in from there aren't being screened.
    Can you give us some data to back this up?

21. TopTop #21
    Braggi

Well, clearly we have Hanson's disease in the US from other sources, so why wouldn't the poorest people coming from Mexico? (Leprosy is an archaic term so let's say what it really is since most of us are educated, modern people.) I don't doubt it, though it's not in the news, so the numbers are probably quite small, and it's not a highly contagious disease, and it's easily treated, so we have many much greater things to worry about.

Did you know the flu kills over 30,000 people in the US every year?

It's not the "illegal aliens" causing that. Perhaps you could spend your time working on getting flu shots to old people instead of bashing yourself over workers who are here. Get over that one.

If you really want to stop illegal immigration, support investment in Mexico. A lot of big companies are doing it. A lot of "conservatives" are outsourcing their labor to Mexico. If we supported humane labor standards and wages in Mexico, they wouldn't be coming here in such great numbers. If we invested in "green" technology in Mexico, affordable housing in Mexico, enforced environmental laws in Mexico, it would be a better place for "them" to live.

Get off your ass and quit complaining. Improve conditions in Mexico and Central America and the people will stay there.

-Jeff

PS. ReportandDeport, stop fuming and start thinking. I'm not talking about giving US tax money to Mexico. I'm talking about investment. That is, you loan money and they pay it back with interest. There is a lot of potential in investing in Mexico. We should do more of it. That is, private investing by private investment groups. Not IMF and World Bank crap that just further impoverishes people. Those institutions of theft, coercion and blackmail should be disbanded and all debts "forgiven."

22. TopTop #22
    Zeno Swijtink

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    Can you give us some data to back this up?

Quote A new case of leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is diagnosed somewhere in the world every 60 seconds, but in the United States outbreaks remain rare. Only about 130 new cases are discovered each year, mostly among immigrants from areas such as Mexico, India or the Caribbean, where the disease is more widespread.

Over 100 cases were found in immigrants last year, more than double the number in 2000, and, while the number of cases is still comparatively small, some researchers believe the trend could lead to leprosy spreading to the U.S.-born population.

https://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2...mericanleprosy
    Compare this with the 32,000 death because of car crashes (2006 data)

https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

23. TopTop #23
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    Compare this with the 32,000 death because of car crashes (2006 data)

https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx
    Well, actually I couldn't find anything about people dying of leprosy.
    Quote At present, only about two dozen new cases of leprosy are found in US-born patients each year, a number that has not changed for decades, said Steve Pfeifer, head of statistics and epidemiology at the National Hansen’s Disease Program.
    And it sounds like we didn't eradicate it at home either.

24. TopTop #24
    Reportanddeport

Deported Immigrant Returns to the O.C. To Peep and Flash
    https://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...to_the_oc.html
    In the 23160 block of Saguaro Street in Orange County, a 12 year-old boy was showering at his home, when a dark-haired man tapped on the window attempting to get his attention. He immediately ran to his mother, who then called the police. Approximately an hour later, a man matching the exact description dropped his pants in front of a woman in the same neighborhood.

Child Rapist Sentenced To Three Consecutive Life Sentences
    https://www.wftv.com/news/14801449/detail.html
    SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- An illegal immigrant, convicted Thursday of raping a 10-year-old Seminole County girl, was sentenced Friday to three consecutive life sentences. Antonio Rosales' sentence was handed down less than 24 hours after he was found guilty.

OC Sheriff: DNA Links Suspect To Freeway Rape
    https://www.knbc.com/news/14832662/detail.html
    ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- A man who allegedly raped a 24-year-old woman whose car broke down on a San Diego freeway was expected to enter a plea Thursday to six felony charges, prosecutors said.
    Alejandro Martinez Leyva, 25, is charged with forcible rape, two counts of sexual penetration, sexual assault with the intent to commit rape, dissuading a witness and making a criminal threat.

MORE things you don't want to accept:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ahEhcVW7oQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Now, if you can't tell the difference between mindless racism and information pertaining to threats to your own safety, then I doubt you even have the MENTAL CAPACITY to understand the differences.

25. TopTop #25
    Dark Shadows

Jeff,

Can I ask why you choose to promote your cause through this website?

Do you understand that in any society or culture there is good and bad, and how unrealistic it is to believe that the person who committed this crime is representative of an entire group of people? Am I wrong in believing that what you find offensive about the "illegal" aliens in this county is not the fact that they have broken a law, but that they speak a different language, and look differently than you? Is there a reason that you chose a story about a man with an hispanic name?

My suggestion to you is to spend some time in an ethnic neighborhood, maybe the Mission District in San Francisco and to see what its like when people are given a chance to live without being hassled about whether they have a green card or not. Look at the great restaurants and businesses that have arisen their hard work and expertise. Look at the pride the people have in their own neighborhoods. Granted, there is crime-but there's crime everywhere. Is the crime caused by an American citizen okay because they're legal?

I find what you write offensive and I don't really think you belong amongst a progressive community. I guess we can always click the Ignore button (if I could only find it). But I don't think that you should be able to use this site to promote something that many of us find offensive. You don't really think you're going to change anyone's mind, do you? Wouldn't it be more fun for you to post on https://www.aryanunity.org/?

Deported Immigrant Returns to the O.C. To Peep and Flash
    https://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...to_the_oc.html
    In the 23160 block of Saguaro Street in Orange County, a 12 year-old boy was showering at his home, when a dark-haired man tapped on the window attempting to get his attention. He immediately ran to his mother, who then called the police. Approximately an hour later, a man matching the exact description dropped his pants in front of a woman in the same neighborhood.

Child Rapist Sentenced To Three Consecutive Life Sentences
    https://www.wftv.com/news/14801449/detail.html
    SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- An illegal immigrant, convicted Thursday of raping a 10-year-old Seminole County girl, was sentenced Friday to three consecutive life sentences. Antonio Rosales' sentence was handed down less than 24 hours after he was found guilty.

OC Sheriff: DNA Links Suspect To Freeway Rape
    https://www.knbc.com/news/14832662/detail.html
    ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- A man who allegedly raped a 24-year-old woman whose car broke down on a San Diego freeway was expected to enter a plea Thursday to six felony charges, prosecutors said.
    Alejandro Martinez Leyva, 25, is charged with forcible rape, two counts of sexual penetration, sexual assault with the intent to commit rape, dissuading a witness and making a criminal threat.

MORE things you don't want to accept:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ahEhcVW7oQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Now, if you can't tell the difference between mindless racism and information pertaining to threats to your own safety, then I doubt you even have the MENTAL CAPACITY to understand the differences.

26. TopTop #26
    Reportanddeport

I didn't come to this forum to promote ANYTHING. I didn't even start this thread, I think Barry did.
    In fact, this thread was up and running, and then I got about six emails out of the blue, all aimed at me.

So rather than fight a bunch of people over specific emails, I simply gave a sample of what I know. Now you can choose to believe it or ignore it. But you, like many people in this forum, seem to be utterly terrified of it, which I find weird.

Let's see, I'm married to a brown-skinned, Asian immigrant, I've been to The Philippines twice, got married there, been to Canada twice, I live in Hawaii for 1 1/2 years and still own land there, I speak Tagalog and Spanish, but I still need to visit the Mission District in San Francisco to learn culture?

Ito ay ibang salita para sa 'yo. Oo, ako merong tulong mula sa asawa ko, pero halos lahat ay salita ko. Isip ko, ikaw ay sobrang ignorante. Kumuha ka ng translator para ma-intindihan mo ito.

You are so incredibly ignorant to to reality and everything I am and do, and you try to make up for that by pretending I'm going around harassing people and spouting racism and White Supremacy. You live in such a sick, fantasy world of your own making.

"Hispanic name"? You're complaining because I mentioned a Hispanic name? WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON? Where do you think the vast majority of illegal aliens come from? Germany, Poland, France, England or Mexico?

YOU do a search on illegal aliens arrested for crimes and try NOT to find a Hispanic name.
    The thing that you find "offensive" about me is that I DISAGREE with you. The substance of what I say is almost irrelevant, but the mere fact that I am a FREE THINKER and not in lockstep with you is a tremendous threat to you.

I never even intended to seriously participate in this forum, I expected to just watch and maybe talk about plants some times. But with SUCH HATE landing in my inbox, I see no reason to not respond.
    Just try to let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post
    Jeff,

Can I ask why you choose to promote your cause through this website?

Do you understand that in any society or culture there is good and bad, and how unrealistic it is to believe that the person who committed this crime is representative of an entire group of people? Am I wrong in believing that what you find offensive about the "illegal" aliens in this county is not the fact that they have broken a law, but that they speak a different language, and look differently than you? Is there a reason that you chose a story about a man with an hispanic name?

My suggestion to you is to spend some time in an ethnic neighborhood, maybe the Mission District in San Francisco and to see what its like when people are given a chance to live without being hassled about whether they have a green card or not. Look at the great restaurants and businesses that have arisen their hard work and expertise. Look at the pride the people have in their own neighborhoods. Granted, there is crime-but there's crime everywhere. Is the crime caused by an American citizen okay because they're legal?

I find what you write offensive and I don't really think you belong amongst a progressive community. I guess we can always click the Ignore button (if I could only find it). But I don't think that you should be able to use this site to promote something that many of us find offensive. You don't really think you're going to change anyone's mind, do you? Wouldn't it be more fun for you to post on https://www.aryanunity.org/?

27. TopTop #27
    Valley Oak

Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber, Jabber..............

I didn't come to this forum to promote ANYTHING. I didn't even start this thread, I think Barry did.
    In fact, this thread was up and running, and then I got about six emails out of the blue, all aimed at me.

So rather than fight a bunch of people over specific emails, I simply gave a sample of what I know. Now you can choose to believe it or ignore it. But you, like many people in this forum, seem to be utterly terrified of it, which I find weird.

Let's see, I'm married to a brown-skinned, Asian immigrant, I've been to The Philippines twice, got married there, been to Canada twice, I live in Hawaii for 1 1/2 years and still own land there, I speak Tagalog and Spanish, but I still need to visit the Mission District in San Francisco to learn culture?

Ito ay ibang salita para sa 'yo. Oo, ako merong tulong mula sa asawa ko, pero halos lahat ay salita ko. Isip ko, ikaw ay sobrang ignorante. Kumuha ka ng translator para ma-intindihan mo ito.

You are so incredibly ignorant to to reality and everything I am and do, and you try to make up for that by pretending I'm going around harassing people and spouting racism and White Supremacy. You live in such a sick, fantasy world of your own making.

"Hispanic name"? You're complaining because I mentioned a Hispanic name? WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON? Where do you think the vast majority of illegal aliens come from? Germany, Poland, France, England or Mexico?

YOU do a search on illegal aliens arrested for crimes and try NOT to find a Hispanic name.
    The thing that you find "offensive" about me is that I DISAGREE with you. The substance of what I say is almost irrelevant, but the mere fact that I am a FREE THINKER and not in lockstep with you is a tremendous threat to you.

I never even intended to seriously participate in this forum, I expected to just watch and maybe talk about plants some times. But with SUCH HATE landing in my inbox, I see no reason to not respond.

28. TopTop #28
    Dark Shadows

Oh ReportandDeport you are so innocent. You started the thinly veiled racial diatribe with your first post about the ridiculous notion that your bushes were being clipped illegaly by aliens who plan to sell the clippings to florists!

I was responding in part to your reponse to me previously:
    I don't support, like or agree with the way the U.S. expanded. But never-the-less, I was born here, I have ZERO guilt about governmental policies I had nothing to do with, and I WON'T TOLERATE your illegal aliens jumping in line ahead of my immigrant wife. If I had to obey the law, then EVERYONE should have to obey the law.

My illegal aliens? Because I have Native grandparents/parents? I just don't think this kind of talk belongs in this space, its only my opinion-maybe someone shares this thought?

Your username clearly displays your intent for being here.

29. TopTop #29
    Valley Oak

Yeah, that's right. His username does seem to say a lot about the 'man,' doesn't it. Check it out: Report and Deport the god damn, !@#$%^& illegal aliens!

Gotcha!

I promise to 'report and deport' all of those filthy, nasty, vile, repulsive, illegal aliens who are taking advantage of Amerikkka! They're like viruses, aren't they?

Thank you for your beautiful, racist contribution to the list. We really need more people like you around and in office. But wait! We DO have his type in office. The current occupant of the White House is building his very own 'Berlin Wall' to keep these disgusting little rodents from infiltrating our great nation and generating more wealth. We just love sending immigration agents chasing them out of the cars they sleep in and then confiscating what little they have from the money they earned working very hard for.

Heck, it just might be thanks to the illegal immigrants that will help keep the U.S. from sinking into a recession (created by the current occupant of the White House) and keeping Social Security afloat twenty years from now!

Thank you for your love, understanding, and contribution,

Edward

Oh ReportandDeport you are so innocent. You started the thinly veiled racial diatribe with your first post about the ridiculous notion that your bushes were being clipped illegaly by aliens who plan to sell the clippings to florists!

I was responding in part to your reponse to me previously:
    I don't support, like or agree with the way the U.S. expanded. But never-the-less, I was born here, I have ZERO guilt about governmental policies I had nothing to do with, and I WON'T TOLERATE your illegal aliens jumping in line ahead of my immigrant wife. If I had to obey the law, then EVERYONE should have to obey the law.

My illegal aliens? Because I have Native grandparents/parents? I just don't think this kind of talk belongs in this space, its only my opinion-maybe someone shares this thought?

Your username clearly displays your intent for being here.

30. TopTop #30
    Lenny

Let me tell you a story. The Kickapoo tribe was driven by the Cavalry from areas that span Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma into Mexico. What law gave them the right to do this? To take a people who originated from an area and drive them into a place that was unfamiliar and not very adaptable to their culture, i.e. they were used to hunting certain animals for food were not found in Mexico and used to growing certain vegetables that would not grow in that climate. They adapted, but the damage done to the culture was sometime irreparable.
    What right has a people, or the US government to divide an ancestral homeland by an artificial border that separates families, for the sake of keeping this country free of undesirable, poorer individuals who had the misfortune (or maybe the fortune) to have been born on the wrong side of the border? The answer is that this is unconscionable.
    You ask, "what right", and the answer is "the right to kill you". Not a very complicated way to go about things. Not a very complicated people. Might = right.
    Has been for more than a week or two.
    Sorry, but that is the written history.

For the record: glad they did not succeed.
    But it does make life more complicated, I hope!