Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    gida

great deli/cafe in forestville!

I avoid most restaurants/cafes/delis because I am a good cook.
    But once in a while, I stumble on a gold mine.
    That is my experience with AIOLI-the gourmet deli on Front St. in Forestville. I find their fare amazing! Not only are the ingredients to be completely trusted, but the preparation and the flavor they bring to their recipes are truly remarkable. I never miss a Wednesday because this is the day when they serve the absolutely, hands down, best crab cakes, I have ever tasted!! AMAZING! I brought a friend yesterday and she also was incredulous,as she had eaten crabcakes in many many seafood resturants but had never come close to what we ate at AIOLI ! Their pastries, brownies, chessecake, apple turnovers, anything that they decide to bake are also extraordinary! I am hooked and now I don’t want to take my business to other cafes and will drive out of my way because I keep thinking of the food back at the AIOLI. I might have to move to Forestville just to be closer! I often take home a few sides or some soup. And also, I find the service friendly and the atmosphere is sweet, with al fresco and lots of take home.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: great deli/cafe in forestville!

I too have heard alot of raves around this deli...tis why I went in to check out the menu ...

Too bad they do not at this time use any organic options for their ingredients....

and for the meat lovers, they do not offer free range or hormone free/antibiotic free meat selections.

oh well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gida: View Post
    AIOLI-the gourmet deli on Front St. in Forestville. I find their fare amazing! Not only are the ingredients to be completely trusted, but the preparation and the flavor they bring to their recipes are truly remarkable.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-06-2008 at 05:03 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    gida

Re: great deli/cafe in forestville!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    I too have heard alot of raves around this deli...tis why I went in to check out the menu ...

Too bad they do not at this time use any organic options for their ingredients....

and for the meat lovers, they do not offer free range or hormone free/antibiotic free meat selections.

oh well.

Dear Nurturetruth,

I too shop often for organic. However I find it more important to go with the taste of the food and to trust my sense organs to determine if I am ingesting something that is healthy and with its essential nutritional value intact. I do not always beleive that a label will signify such although generally I agree that gravitating to what is known organic is a good rule of thumb. With Aioli, I trust the ingredients because I feel good and nourished when I eat at the deli and post eating, I still feel good and strengthened.

Gida