Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Thanks for A GREAT EVENING! (WaccoBB.net Business Networking Salon)

And to all that made it possible!!! Twas a blast as usual! I was glad to see al who showed.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    shellebelle

Re: Thanks for the party Barry

It was wonderful! So nice to put names and faces to Wacco handles!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    And to all that made it possible!!! Twas a blast as usual! I was glad to see al who showed.

3. TopTop #3
    JuliaB

Re: Thanks for the party Barry

sorry to have missed it--I was there in spirit!!

Julia B

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    It was wonderful! So nice to put names and faces to Wacco handles!

4. TopTop #4
    Tinque

Thanks for A GREAT EVENING !

Once again it was so wonderful to hang out with "The Waccos" ! ( Hey we could make a movie !). I do know there was filming going on , but indeed , as well , there were beautiful moments captured by the wonderful people of "Party Booths" ! What incredible photos and how very generous of them to donate thier time and energy to absolutely thrill us with the fun of instant photos and for free. I for one will be promoting Party Booths and I have evidence of their great work.. Thanks Barry for the great time for all.. Thanks Waccos for showing up and thanks to the lovely ' hands on ' bodywork I received. My back was definetly better. See ya next time!
    Last edited by Tinque; 01-31-2008 at 09:45 AM.

5. TopTop #5
    cocreator

Re: Thanks for A GREAT EVENING !

Hi Gang!

I agree...what a wild and talented bunch we have in Sonoma County!

I realized after we'd all dispersed that there are at least 2 people I didn't have a chance to get the biz cards of/talk to. Can someone please tell me how to connect with:

* Judith I AM
    * The acupuncturist who was offering a complimentary session? I can't recall her name, but she was standing on the latter half of the circle (i.e., to Barry's right) during the introductions.

Thanks, team!

Blessings and appreciation to all,
    Amara

6. TopTop #6
    Braggi

Re: Thanks for A GREAT EVENING !

I'm so sorry I missed it! I had all my stuff in my truck and planned to go, but a family emergency erupted and I was called away.

See you all next time.

-Jeff

7. TopTop #7
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Thanks for A GREAT EVENING! (WaccoBB.net Business Networking Salon)

Once again we had a great turnout of about 50 Waccovians and a grand time was had by all! As always it was wonderful for me and others to connect faces with some of the postings we see. Business interests were furthered and who knows what was going on in the photobooth! Actually, I'm hoping I'm going to get copies of the shots and find out! I'll post some of them here (and in the Censored category too if needed! )

I want to thank our gracious host, Annie Osborn and the Triumph Life Center, and Royce, Ally, Sara (Auntie Wacco), Robin & Barry for the photobooth, all those who donated raffle prizes, and every body for bringing yummy potluck items and helping keep the place picked up while boiling over with great energy!

These parties have been a lot of fun and help deepen our community as well as raise some much appreciated funds so we're going to do more! Next up will be tilted back to the social side. The first step is to find a venue. So if you have any ideas who might open their doors and welcome 50-100 happy Waccos, please let me know!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    ...I was glad to see al who showed.
    Was "al" there? I must have missed him!
    Last edited by Barry; 02-02-2008 at 09:13 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    ...I want to thank our gracious host, Annie Osborn and the Triumph Life Center, and Royce, Ally, Sara (Auntie Wacco), Robin & Barry for the photobooth, all those who donated raffle prizes, and every body for bringing yummy potluck items and helping keep the place picked up while boiling over with great energy! ..
    Ooops! :eek: I missed someone very important, Shelley (shellebelle), our new assistant moderator! Thanks Shelley for all your help, including at the party!

10. TopTop #9
    shellebelle

I got my thank you hugs I was good! LOL

But you know I would love to see a list of who doanted what and who won!! And would the winners also post after their experience so we can hear all the good that truly came from the event!!

Ooops! :eek: I missed someone very important, Shelley (shellebelle), our new assistant moderator! Thanks Shelley for all your help, including at the party!

11. TopTop #10
    natspetmats

Once again we had a great turnout of about 50 Waccovians and a grand time was had by all! As always it was wonderful for me and others to connect faces with some of the postings we see. ...
    Hi, it was so much fun to connect and reconnect. Food was good and wasn't the photo booth fun? Out of habit I counted and there were about 80 folks there. Natalie from natspetmats
    Last edited by Barry; 02-02-2008 at 11:00 AM.

12. TopTop #11
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I'm glad it was good for you, too!

Quote But you know I would love to see a list of who doanted what and who won!! And would the winners also post after their experience so we can hear all the good that truly came from the event!!
    Great idea! The only problem is that I don't remember who won! So, I'll post all the prizes again and maybe the winners (or people with a better memory than I!) can say who won them. And letting us know how it all turns out would be great, too!

Remember, if you don't have a need for your prize, you are welcome to post it in our For Sale/Free/Wanted category, either "For $ale", barter or Free!

So here were the raffle prizes:

1 week Main Banner
    including Design by

(value $110)
    Winner: Debra Haviland (I have your GC!)

1 week Skyscraper Banner
    including design by

(value $95)
    Winner:

1 week Top Small Banner
    including design by

(value $85)
    Winner:

Nadise Whiteside of TigerRose Graphics donated:
    One fully designed, setup & edited Constant Contact E-Marketing Newsletter
    3 Free Months of Service to Constant Contact
    Transfer of your email data base to Constant Contact
    You provide copy and photos. Value $250
    Winner:
    This is should be a great boon to you business owners that need a little help getting started with email newsletters!

Judy Dragon donated:
    A 1/2 hour consultation in remote sensing inside your body to view conditions and toxicity as well as clearing beliefs that may be getting in your way. This consultation also includes a DNA Activation. Judy has been in the field of holistic healing for almost 30 years being a certified ThetaHealing Intuitive and instructor for 10 years.
    Value: $55
    https://www.thetadnaactivation.com/
    Winner:
    (Cathleen Springer) donated a selection herbs and teas, but I forgot to bring the gift certificate. Next time! )

Natalie Timm donated:
    A hand painted, petite cat food place mat with pet's name and portrait in the colors of winner's choice. Crafted from repurposed vinyl flooring with lead free paints, durable and obviously unique. For the folks who enjoy original art in every day life.
    Value $65 https://natspetmats.com/
    Winner:

Annabel Ascher of Creating Order Professional Organizing has donated:
    3 hours of organizing time! (There's a prize we can all use!)
    Value: $210
    Winner:

Sheryl R. Sever (Coach Shera) of Cross Currents Communications has donated:
    30-minute Strategy Assessment
    (Marketing and Business Development)
    Winner:

and

30-minute Career Coaching Session
    (Self-Employment, Career Transition, Resumes That Work)
    Winner:

Sheryl Sever (aka Coach Shera)
    is the founder of Cross Currents Communications providing organizational development consulting to small business leaders and solopreneurs. She brings a wealth of resources from the seminar, publishing and other industries. She has served on the faculty of the Creative Work/Life Transitions Program at San Francisco State University and is the Business Development Consultant for C.E.O. Women’s 16-week award-winning entrepreneurial training.
    Value: $150 https://www.sherylsever.com/
    blog: https://coachshera.blogspot.com/

And at the last minute Lea Wildflower donated:
    One Hour Thai Massage with Lea Wildflower 707-824-8640 Peaceful Sebastopol Location near downtown or Downtown Santa Rosa Loosen up and let your energy flow! In this Thai Massage Session you will experience acupressure style meridian point work combined with assisted yoga stretches. You will leave with tight muscles lengthened feeling loose, energized and relaxed.
    Winner: Tom Trent, Builder
    So if you know who won any of these prizes please reply privately and I'll update this post. And please also let us know what happens with your prize!
    Last edited by Barry; 02-03-2008 at 10:45 AM.

13. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by natspetmats: View Post
    ...Out of habit I counted and there were about 80 folks there. ...
    I thought 50 seemed kinda low! Thanks!

14. TopTop #13
    sheepdog

But you know I would love to see a list of who doanted what and who won!! And would the winners also post after their experience so we can hear all the good that truly came from the event!!
    Great idea, Shellebelle. I was the lucky winner of a massage (I never win things, let alone cool things like this), so will report back after I get the rub-down.

It was a fun event all right, and I for one made a couple of worthwhile connections. Let's do it again real soon!

Tom Trent, Builder