Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lythir

Need help grafting a plum tree!

I am looking for assistance in propagating an amazing plum tree that is getting oldish. I need direction and material. Can anyone help me out?

-Lucy
    [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    glenclem

Re: Need help grafting a plum tree!

Go here,file:///Users/Nick/Desktop/scion_exchange_poster.pdf

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lythir: View Post
    I am looking for assistance in propagating an amazing plum tree that is getting oldish. I need direction and material. Can anyone help me out?

-Lucy
    [email protected]

3. TopTop #3
    glenclem

Go tozz;www.CRFG.org/chapters.redwood_empire, california rare fruit growers tedwood empire chapter scion exchange sat 26, vets building Sebastopol.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lythir: View Post

-Lucy
    [email protected]

4. TopTop #4
    djholst

Hey There,

The Redwood Empire Chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers are having their annual scion exchange next Saturday up in Sebastopol.
    You can actually bring your Plum in (if it's carry-able) and have an expert show you how to graph.

Scion Exchange w/Redwood Empire Chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers

An annual event, usually the last week of every January and open to the public, is the CRFG Redwood Chapter scion (cuttings) and plant exchange where commonly over 500 varieties of common, rare and experimental scions and plants from all over the world are available free or at minimal charge.
    There are grafting and planting demonstration classes for beginners, plus experts and hobbyists to answer questions for more advanced gardeners.
    Some cuttings available, like grapes and figs, don't need to be grafted and can be planted directly in the ground.
    Custom trees can be created for attendees on-the-spot by experts for a small donation.
    Bring gallon baggies, tape and pens to mark your acquisitions.
    Members get in one hour early for best selection, so join (you can join at the door!).
    Member access 10:00AM to 2:00 PM (volunteers start at 8:30AM), general public access 11:00AM to 2:00 PM.
    A $5 donation is requested of members and non-members alike to help offset costs of facility rental and insurance.

The 2008 Scion Exchange is tentatively January 26th at the Sebastopol Veterans Building,
    282 High Street Sebastopol, 1 block SW of the intersection of Hwys 116 and 12