Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    BarbarasPoodles

Standard Poodle Pups need good homes

We just had our first litter of standard poodle puppies and were down to 9 puppies without homes.

We have black, creme and apricot that are up for adoption. They are purebreeds and are a very good breed for people who have alergies since they are hypoallergenic, do not shed and easy to train.
    We are asking for an adoption fee of $700 to ensure they go to good homes and are flexable on the adoption if needed.

If you are interested in meeting your new puppy please call Barbara to set a time to visit.

Barbara
    707-578-3704
    [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Standard Poodle Pups need good homes

Since they are purebred I assume they can be registered with the AKC? To enable this, the parents must have been bought with permission to breed and be registered as such (vs a pet contract where they must be neutered or spayed. ) Also, I notice you did not mention the parents test scores for inherited genetic diseases and conditions. This is usually done when a standard is two years of age or older, since these inherited conditions do not show up until then. So, knowing the parents' age and what their scores were (good or better) is very important. To adopt and love a puppy and find out two years later that he/she has addison's disease, hip dysplasia or other, can be devastating. I realize you have these puppies with the best of intentions Barbara and I am sorry if this posting seems critical. But as a standard poodle owner and lover of these dogs, I think buyers need to have this information. More information is available at www.poodleclubofamerica.com.
    Good luck to all.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by BarbarasPoodles: View Post

We just had our first litter of standard poodle puppies and were down to 9 puppies without homes.

We have black, creme and apricot that are up for adoption. They are purebreeds and are a very good breed for people who have alergies since they are hypoallergenic, do not shed and easy to train.
    We are asking for an adoption fee of $700 to ensure they go to good homes and are flexable on the adoption if needed.

If you are interested in meeting your new puppy please call Barbara to set a time to visit.

Barbara
    707-578-3704
    [email protected]

3. TopTop #3
    Barbara

Gypsey. I agree with your concerns 100%. Responsible breeders take the health of their pups very seriously, unlike so-called backyard breeders who think they will make some $$$ from breeding dogs. In my experience (Bearded Collies) the reputable breeders make NO money from their breedings. So why do they breed? TO PRESERVE POSITIVE attributes within the breed. Otherwise there is no reason to add to the overpopulation of dogs. In addition, most responsible breeders (you name the breed of dog) do NOT have a litter on the ground until they have a waiting list of people wanting their pups.

I don't know Barbara (the breeder) so perhaps she has done all the necessary tests to insure a healthy litter of pups. If so, I wish her the best of luck finding loving homes. There don't seem to be enough of them out there lately.

Barbara

4. TopTop #4
    Barbara

For anyone thinking of buying a purebred dog, I hope you will go to https://beardie.net/bcca/articles/wheretobuy.shtml and read what a responsible breeder goes through. I do NOT mean to say that Barbara is one who has not followed these guidelines. However, I would like anyone considering buying a purebred dog, no matter what the breed, to familiarize themselves with the information therein. It could save your wallet and save your heart a lot of grief.

For the record, my husband and I have three rescued dogs and one rescued cat. I am very familiar with animal shelters, rescue groups, etc. I have dedicated my life to saving the lives of helpless animals from cats, dogs and horses. One of our dogs came from a puppy mill in GA. To this day I wonder what horrible conditions her "mom and pop" lived through in order to make some ignorant human some money. Breaks my heart.

Barbara