Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Welcome to the Inspiration and Gratitude category!

Hi Everybody,

With the holiday season upon us, I thought I'd take this opportunity to create a place where we can share short bits of inspiration or gratitude with the community.

We've all experienced difficult times (aka "AFGO"s: Another Fucking Growth Opportunity!). I hope the postings here will help those who could use a little compassion, along with encouragement and support that we all need each day.

Please be very selective with your postings, sharing only the articles or passages that really speak to you. Original content is particularly encouraged, but forwarded content is also welcome. Please give credit when possible for forwarded content.

You might also recommend a book or movie along with your comments about what you got from it.

Please limit your postings to about 300 words or so (about a screen's worth). Original postings can be a bit longer. If the content is too long, please provide an introduction or a sample section along with a link to the full content.

Public replies and discussion are welcome. And please remember to click the button if a post inspires you!

All posts must be strictly non-commercial. You may not promote any product or service that you or your friends or family have a financial interest in.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-24-2007 at 10:04 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Inspiration and Gratitude category!

OK, You guys are being "too selective", ie no one is posting anything! This category seemed like a good idea, no? So how about sharing something with us?

This is also a place for people to ask for support. Any comments must be very supportive! A higher standard will be in effect here to be sure that people feel safe to ask for help and support. This is not a place to challenge people in anyway.

So how about posting something??

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Hi Everybody,

With the holiday season upon us, I thought I'd take this opportunity to create a place where we can share short bits of inspiration or gratitude with the community.

We've all experienced difficult times (aka "AFGO"s: Another Fucking Growth Opportunity!). I hope the postings here will help those who could use a little compassion, along with encouragement and support that we all need each day.

Please be very selective with your postings, sharing only the articles or passages that really speak to you. Original content is particularly encouraged, but forwarded content is also welcome. Please give credit when possible for forwarded content.

You might also recommend a book or movie along with your comments about what you got from it.

Please limit your postings to about 300 words or so (about a screen's worth). Original postings can be a bit longer. If the content is too long, please provide an introduction or a sample section along with a link to the full content.

Public replies and discussion are welcome. And please remember to click the button if a post inspires you!

All posts must be strictly non-commercial. You may not promote any product or service that you or your friends or family have a financial interest in.

3. TopTop #3
    savewater

Re: Welcome to the Inspiration and Gratitude category!

Hello Waccobbies,

Thank you to Barry for creating this marvelous place to read and write and
    be. I'm truly grateful for waccobb and every human who participates
    in this marvelous dance and song. Also grateful that I heard Obama's speech this morning on Kpfa. Such an incredible speaker, bringing to mind the truly great orators in recent history. May he have an opportunity to bring the changes and ideals forward into the imminent history of all humanity.

Peace,
    Bonnie