Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    wunda

What would you give your last dollar for?

Last week I watched a very poor man put his last dollar in a hat that was being passed around to support a community effort he believes in. His action affected me so much that I can't stop thinking about what what circumstances might inspire me to take the same action.

Now, I'd like to know Waccos, what would you give your last dollar for?

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: What would you give your last dollar for?

It's very easy to give your last dollar away, I've done it myself. Your last thousand dollars, now that would be difficult.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wunda: View Post
    Last week I watched a very poor man put his last dollar in a hat that was being passed around to support a community effort he believes in. His action affected me so much that I can't stop thinking about what what circumstances might inspire me to take the same action.

3. TopTop #3
    Willie Lumplump

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Clancy: View Post
    It's very easy to give your last dollar away, I've done it myself. Your last thousand dollars, now that would be difficult.
    Well-spoken. However, I would give a lot in support of a blockade of war materials moving across county or city lines. Let them haul me off to jail, the sob's.

4. TopTop #4
    Dark Shadows

I would give my last dollar so that the innocent could be spared pain and suffering. As the mother of a cancer survivor, I have seen a lot of pain and suffering that may have been prevented if there was a way to prevent the disease. Some of the children that we knew that did not survive lived in areas with a high cancer rate (Martinez, for one). These children might still be alive today if we had prevented the refineries and toxic waste dumps from being there to begin with.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wunda: View Post

5. TopTop #5
    wunda

well said! anyone else?

It was this man's last dollar. He has been looking for work for a while. Stretched his money as far as he could as long as he could, and when he was down to his last dollar.... he donated it to a cause he believed in.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post
    I would give my last dollar so that the innocent could be spared pain and suffering. As the mother of a cancer survivor, I have seen a lot of pain and suffering that may have been prevented if there was a way to prevent the disease. Some of the children that we knew that did not survive lived in areas with a high cancer rate (Martinez, for one). These children might still be alive today if we had prevented the refineries and toxic waste dumps from being there to begin with.

6. TopTop #6
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

When I was a young lad, I would give my last dollar away on a daily basis. At first I was addicted to coke, and spent every last cent I earned on the little white powder. That was in my early teens. Then it was spent on Beer, every last cent in my late teens and early twenties. Then I settled down and had a few kidz; all the money went to food on a nightly basis. Every last cent! BEER AND FOOD! Luckily I never had to pay rent or any utilities, I alwayz worked off my rent. I would have a system that went something like this. Every night after work I would get twenty buck and go to the store and spend it all. That really was living day to day and really the easy life. Simple and ever lasting, well for about fifteen years anyway. I don’t live day to day anymore, and haven’t spent my last dollar in years. But for me giving my last dollar away would be an easy task. It’s been done to-death and probably will be done again by me on a daily circumstance in this life time.

7. TopTop #7
    Lorrie

Well then can I have it?... I want a beer!!:havinabeer:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    When I was a young lad, I would give my last dollar away on a daily basis. At first I was addicted to coke, and spent every last cent I earned on the little white powder. That was in my early teens. Then it was spent on Beer, every last cent in my late teens and early twenties. Then I settled down and had a few kidz; all the money went to food on a nightly basis. Every last cent! BEER AND FOOD! Luckily I never had to pay rent or any utilities, I alwayz worked off my rent. I would have a system that went something like this. Every night after work I would get twenty buck and go to the store and spend it all. That really was living day to day and really the easy life. Simple and ever lasting, well for about fifteen years anyway. I don’t live day to day anymore, and haven’t spent my last dollar in years. But for me giving my last dollar away would be an easy task. It’s been done to-death and probably will be done again by me on a daily circumstance in this life time.

8. TopTop #8
    shellebelle

It would be to others. A dollar is very little to give but the heart behind it can be oh so much more.

I am known to forsake myself and my comfort to ensure someone else's even if it costs me more than I have to give. My children, my family, my friends even those who I don't particularly care for have never doubted I'd give my life for them and theirs and still don't.

A firm believer in give and you shall receive - and I have never been disappointed.

9. TopTop #9
    Willie Lumplump

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    I really feel on the spot here. Generally I'm quite fearless. Once I even brought a knife to a gunfight (well, it's a complicated story). But the one thing that has always made me tremble is poverty. I could face death unafraid, but your talk about my giving away my last dollar makes my liver quiver and my knees freeze.

10. TopTop #10
    Willie Lumplump

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    There is much courage in what you say, and I respect you for it.