Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Braggi

Are we all equal?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    Peace and please try to remember, we are all equals. Even the WOMEN!!!!

That statement really caught my eye. Hmmmm. Might be time for a new thread [New thread created - Barry], but I'll try it here: give me one instance, one place, one setting where "we are all equals."

I think at the moment of conception we are different from everyone else who ever existed, and then the differences really begin to mount. By birth we have already developed so much of who we are that who we become is in large part, already formed.

We are unique. We are all different from each other. We were never equal to anyone in any way and never will be.

The closest thing I can see where we are equal is that we are either alive or dead. As far as the government is concerned, we should be equal in the voting booth, but that is, of course, not true, since we are all educated differently. I guess our vote, when tallied, is equal to everyone else's. Especially if you live in Florida or Ohio, right? Or your vote is negated because of the electoral college.

Nope, not equal as far as I can tell. Not in any way I can think of.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

-Jeff
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2007 at 01:49 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Re: Tell me men...What is the truth?

Jeff your statement just applies that you are better than everyone else, you of all people should understand this! You make a great drink so I hear but... WE are born equals, we assume the pecking order in our society, bet let’s never forget, you are not better than me, and I am not better than you! WE are people! Are you even better than the wino that is sleeping on the curb? Does this make you feel better about yourself, to think that we are not created equals? Are you better than the doctor’s snakes? Are you better than the food you eat? I think in my mind, it is a serious misrepresentation on anyone’s part that may think this way what-so-ever, FOR WE ARE ONE! That is the ideas of achieving our goals in this life, and beyond! To make everyone understand WE ARE ONE, and we need to stand alone as one. Only then our TRUE LOVE may be achieved in our little world, then we might want to take on our galaxies!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    That statement really caught my eye. Hmmmm. Might be time for a new thread, but I'll try it here: give me one instance, one place, one setting where "we are all equals." ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2007 at 01:49 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Braggi

Jeff your statement just applies that you are better than everyone else, really undermining allot of effort,you of all people should understand this! You make a great drink so I hear but... WE are born equals, we assume the pecking order in our society, bet lets never forget you are not better than me and I am not better than you! WE are people! ...

Mykil, you misunderstand me. It is you who are proposing a hierarchy, not me. I celebrate our uniqueness. I'm sure you could teach me a great deal about furniture repair but I could teach you a few things about PROOFREADING YOUR DAMN POSTS!! We're not equal but we both have value to our communities.

I'll never be able to write in the grand style of Conrad because I don't have his education but then I can do a lot of things he'll never be able to do because he'll never have the time to have all the experiences I've had. That's not a problem and it doesn't make either of us "better" than the other. In fact, I love working with Conrad because I always learn something from him and he's willing to learn from me.

I think the notion that "... all men are created equal ..." is just plain wrong. I realize it was meant in the moment that everyone is equal before the law, but even that isn't true. Just ask OJ Simpson.

I do have thoughts and feelings about one person being "better" than another, but that's the stuff of a different thread. That's a very touchy topic.

I agree wholeheartedly that we'll never "take on the galaxies" without coming together as One Whole People on One Whole Planet in an aura of Pure Love. But my hopes for that have largely been dashed, at least for this generation.

Unless and until that happens, let's all remember that fine old cliché, "It takes all kinds." Celebrate and explore the differences. They need not divide us or place us in hierarchies.

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Sorry Jeff; doesn’t do it for me you still sound like if we wee created equals you would just die!!!!! LMAO I started a post a few weeks ago we should go there!
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26347

The Pecking Order of Our Society Today or why you are better than me?

Mykil, you misunderstand me. It is you who are proposing a hierarchy, not me. I celebrate our uniqueness. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2007 at 01:48 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    Braggi

Sorry Jeff; doesn’t do it for me you still sound like if we wee created equals you would just die!!!!! LMAO
    Just think if we were all equals how absolutely boring life would be. Nature isn't like that. She preserves novelty. She demands we all be different. Even individual members of a group of viruses all have differences. That's life! That's how evolution happened and continues to happen.

That's not my opinion. It's just fact.

Learn to embrace the thought that we are all different. That need not lead down the path of hierarchy which leads ultimately to fascism. Value everyone but understand we are each unique. That's the spice of life!

If the United States injects any value at all into human society, it is that individuals are to be valued. Not because we are the same, indeed, it is because one person may believe and live differently from another that Constitutional protections are required. This nation was founded to protect the rights of minorities that are different from the majority.

Now this thread asks about "the truth" of why we have an interest in one lady over another. Certainly it's not because they're all the same. Right?

-Jeff

PS. I know, Mykil. I like 'em all too.

6. TopTop #6
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Jeff you are sounding more like a fascist than a hippie dude! our hierarchy was built on the belief system you have in place in your brain. If we all just learned that we are among friends, all created equals, we would be a whole lot better in our world yes? Your outdated belief system is ancient and has the morals of Hitler, this is what put us in the position we are in today! THAT IS FACT! I believe in your mind that you have to be better than me in order to achieve your goals in life!
    This in itself is empowering to you and to all that acquirer to be at the top of the food chain. IT is a nature self built in mutilation in our genes that needs to be apprehended in it’s track, brought back to the gate and re-written in our DNA. Not being equals is a big mistake! Let it be man woman bird dog or a grain of grass we need to learn to be as one. My philosophy may differ from many, I am willing to accept this, but I adhere to my beliefs dude. I believe we all know every thing there is to know about everything, this is accomplished by being one, Equals. WE ARE GOD, GOD IS LOVE, LOVE IS WE!!!! Everything on this planet was put here for us, we have all we need, including each other!

Just think if we were all equals how absolutely boring life would be. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2007 at 01:48 PM.

7. TopTop #7
    Braggi

Jeff you are sounding more like a fascist than a hippie dude! ... Your outdated belief system is ancient and has the morals of Hitler, this is what put us in the position we are in today! THAT IS FACT! I believe in your mind that you have to be better than me in order to achieve your goals in life! ...

Thanks for claiming that as your belief, Mykil. It certainly isn't mine.

In the immortal words of Roger Walsh, "Ah, projection. It's a wonderful thing."

I'll stop now.

Blessings on all,

-Jeff

8. TopTop #8
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

No Jeff please continue?

Thanks for claiming that as your belief, Mykil. It certainly isn't mine.

In the immortal words of Roger Walsh, "Ah, projection. It's a wonderful thing."

I'll stop now.

Blessings on all,

-Jeff