Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barrie
    Supporting member

raw food for cats recommendations wanted

I have been feeding my cats raw food for about a year. The youngest one who was weaned onto raw food and eats it as a major part of her diet is chubby, just what I was trying to avoid with raw food. I am wondering if Willy Bird frozen ground turkey, which I have been using as the base meat, is too high fat. Does anyone out there feed their cats raw food? What kind of meat do you use and where do you get it? I add chicken liver, calcium, and many vitamins as I was taught at BrightHaven.

Barrie
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Kate Fenton

Re: raw food for cats recommendations wanted

Hi Barrie,

I fed my last cat a raw diet based on a couple of recipes (Pitcairn, Fraser) and using Whole Foods ground turkey. Now I am using Primal brand frozen raw food, easier, cheaper and probably better. Western Farm and Whole Foods carry it. Three flavors including Chicken/Salmon in nugget shapes.

BrightHaven is amazing, isn't it. I did not learn about raw food there, however, but when my hyperthyroid kitty couldn't take the meds.

Good luck! Kate

3. TopTop #3
    gypsey

Hi Barrie and fellow readers: Why not talk to your vet to figure out the best diet for your cat? This is the person who is actually educated in the science, rather than us Wacco's with our theories.
    Good luck!
    Gypsey

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barrie: View Post
    I have been feeding my cats raw food for about a year. The youngest one who was weaned onto raw food and eats it as a major part of her diet is chubby, just what I was trying to avoid with raw food. I am wondering if Willy Bird frozen ground turkey, which I have been using as the base meat, is too high fat. Does anyone out there feed their cats raw food? What kind of meat do you use and where do you get it? I add chicken liver, calcium, and many vitamins as I was taught at BrightHaven.

Barrie

4. TopTop #4
    g0d0gg0

Hi!
    Have you heard of the local business Feed This, Inc? Here's a link to there site https://www.feedthis.com/. They've always been open to answering questions and they deliver!