Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tars

Gore: Don't Impeach Bush

Article: Al Gore against any attempt to impeach Bush

"WASHINGTON: Former US vice president Al Gore, a staunch critic of George W Bush, has said he doesn't agree with calls for impeaching the president, due to lack of "time" and "consensus."

Many democrats feel that Bush should be impeached for allegedly misleading the country deliberately in the lead up to the war in Iraq.
    "With a year and a half to go in his term and with no consensus in the nation as a whole to support such a proposition, any realistic analysis of that as a policy option would lead one to question the allocation of time and resources," Gore said during an interview with PBS.

Pressed on whether he believed that impeachment is a good use of time, Gore replied, "I don't think it is. I don't think it would be successful."

On being asked whether he threw the towel in too soon in the 2000 presidential elections, where he narrowly lost to Bush, Gore said he had taken the fight as far as he could, and the only other option left was a "violent revolution".
    "I took it all the way to a final Supreme Court decision. And in our system, there is no intermediate step between a final Supreme Court decision and violent revolution. So, at that point, having taken it as far as one could, then the question becomes, are we going to be a nation of laws and not people?" Gore replied.
    "Do I support the rule of law, even though I disagree with the Supreme Court's decision? I did disagree with it, and I think that those of us who disagreed with it will have the better of the argument in history," he added."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    decterlove

Re: Gore: Don't Impeach Bush

Gore's got it right for whatever reasons, personal or otherwise, he embraces that position. The Left's obsession with impeaching Bush is just as pointless as the Right's attempt was to impeach Clinton. Not that Dubya doesn't totally deserve it...his offences are certainly 100 times more vile and despicable than Clinton's silly little SHEnanigan's, but because as Gore suggests it's very UNLIKELY to be successful and ultimately isn't worth 5 seconds of anybody's time.

What the Left really needs to do is adopt a progressive strategy that is based on long term local solutions. and ongoing political realities (i.e. most of the country is fairly conservative in their values and ideals). One that will actually work and not leave us mired in the same swamp we're in now another thirty years henceforth! The Right never learned the lessons of Vietnam, at least not well enough to avert this current disaster, and the Left has still not learned to realistically face up to the fact that a large portion of Americans simply will NEVER embrace its' Utopian vision and cultural ideals.

My pet answer to all this madness is that the majority of all focus and efforts must be done on a grass roots level and that the huge issues like the cost of Health care and Housing, real jobs for people, real food for people so they don't get so many degenerative diseases in the first place, alternatives to outrageously expensive trips to emergency rooms for a simple stomach ache or respiratory flu that could be treated with $2 worth of herbal formulas, and lastly consumer friendly credit cards, are addressed at the local level, zero progress will be made, and the blame game will prevail above all else as we are swept evermore swiftly into these pre-Apocalyptic raging currents.

I think the best way to go about all the above is to approach the real wealthy elite on the left such as the Barbara Streisands and other wealthy Hollywood intelligentsia, and any other progressives who are very wealthly like Gates and John Edwards obviously, and get them to finance economically viable local franchise POLITICALLY CENTRIST type operations that provide as many as possible of these services people need, for a small profit for the individuals willing to run them. And if these Hollywood elite like Madonna and Angelina Jolie really want to help children internationally why not adopt a whole village or province, and set up economically viable structures that stabilize local culture (like the small loans now being provided by the organization whose name I do not have at the tip of my tongue..) instead of adopting one individual child as a semi-human international pet that's grow up to be some spoiled pampered multi-national version of Paris Hilton AKA some bad South Park episode...

That's my little rant and rave for the week....two cents in the pot for the month of June....Just irritates the heck out of me when people waste their energy on even talking about impeaching the idiot....he'll be out soon enough and we'll just have another idiot to deal with.

Peace out!
    Last edited by decterlove; 06-01-2007 at 11:04 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email