Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    elnoradid

Mothers Establishing A Network Of Mutual Aid & Support

Please allow me to introduce myself, and the organization I have founded. I moved to Sebastopol last month after raising three kids alone in West Marin, and I am seeking my new community. I came here to be closer to the work of being Founder & President of The Grand Fraternal Order Of Mothers, Inc.

We are a group of mothers who are putting together a fraternal order for all mothers to use as a basis of mutual aid and support. Our organization is already incorporated in the form of a fraternal order. Other fraternal orders have historically excluded women from full participation as members -- our fraternal order requires you to be a mother to apply for membership.

Fraternal orders operate under the lodge system, consisting of a parent lodge and local chapter lodges. We are the parent lodge. We are now seeking members who want to form local chapters of mothers, and we are also seeking other mothers who just want to belong to our national organization and enjoy the benefits of our membership.

Participation in our lodge fosters a sense of belonging to a supportive group of one's peers, and generates feelings of shared nurturing. Our membership benefits also include access to the Members-Only section of our website that is currently being designed by a team at SRJC, and is scheduled to be on the internet before year's end.

Mothers can learn to help each other more. As those of us who traditionally do the nurturing in our society are feeling more support and caring coming into our lives, we are becoming able to expand that nurturing outward to encompass entire families and communities.

This call for members is an opportunity for local mothers to participate in the formation of an on-going organization that strives to make mothering more wonderful for all mothers. I know some of you feel supportive of these efforts. Will you please contact me?

Elnora Mae Phillips, Founder & President
    The Grand Fraternal Order Of Mothers, Inc.
    [email protected]
    Last edited by elnoradid; 09-22-2005 at 08:25 PM. Reason: suggestion from friends concerning tense of verbs in P4
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email