Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sealwatcher
    Supporting Member

Posting on animal welfare/animal rights/advocacy

From time to time, I'll be posting notices of interest on Reader as international issues clearly do not qualify as "local" - which is what Waccobb.net is about.

I note an exception is made with regard to the recall by Menu and that makes sense because it does affect us locally. Barry will probably disagree with me on this but I do feel that certain international issues, such as the Canadian seal kill going on now, are both global and local at once in that local action is needed to stop the most massive kill of marine mammals in the world.

Okay, off to Reader now.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Posting on animal welfare/animal rights/advocacy

Quote tacitus wrote: View Post
    ... "local" - which is what Waccobb.net is about.

I note an exception is made with regard to the recall by Menu and that makes sense because it does affect us locally. Barry will probably disagree with me on this but I do feel that certain international issues, such as the Canadian seal kill going on now, are both global and local at once in that local action is needed to stop the most massive kill of marine mammals in the world.
    Yes, "local is what WaccoBB.net is all about"!

Many, many issue are both global and local. In fact, by definition, all global issues are also local. These global issues are of immense importance and I welcome forwarded posts about them in the WaccoReader category.

The local categories, including Pets and Other Critters, are reserved for strictly local postings. Local actions that are physically organized in our area, as well as the personal comments from our members are also considered local.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email