The tragic death of Jeremiah Chass makes it clear how vital our Mental Health resources are, and the need to improve them. Please email or phone me if you'd be interested in Community Support Network.

CSN was started over 30 years ago, by psychology students at Sonoma State University, to provide housing and rehabilitation services for mentally ill and homeless adults, at 11 homes in Sonoma County. These range from homeless shelters, to transitional and permanent housing. CSN is primarily funded by Sonoma County Mental Health. Join us at our next Board Meeting, Thursday March 29, 6:00 pm, at 1430 Guerneville Road, Suite 1. It's on the south side of Guerneville Road, west of Cottingtown, in the middle of the block between the Exchange Bank and Kelly Moore Paint, next door to the Laser Eye Clinic.

As large mental hospitals in California were closed down beginning in the 1970s, community mental health organizations like CSN sprung up to care for those who often are neglected and fall through the cracks. CSN's Board is an active board, providing leadership and direction for CSN staff. Although participation only takes only a few hours a month, your inspiration, foresight, and commitment are multiplied many times over, in the hearts of those you touch. Email me at [email protected], or call me at 707 235 2200 if you are interested.

Thomas Phillips, CSN Board Chair