Hi folks,

I don't know if you know this already or not, and most likely all registered students received announcements in the mail about this. But this is a REMINDER that Bailey Field parking lot (by SRJC's stadium) at the corner of Mendocino and Pacific Ave. will be CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION starting on Monday or Tuesday next week. From a flyer I saw last week, I think the date is set for this Tuesday, Sept.13th, but I'm not sure. I could not find a confirmation on the SRJC web site.

I am doing this from memory as I don't have the flyer handy, and there is no announcement on the web site, so I apologize if I don't have my facts straight.

Bailey Field parking lot will be closed for construction for 14 months beginning this upcoming week. We are losing **400** parking spots at the JC. See the JC's web page on parking (which sadly hasn't had an update since 2004!) below for more details, parking shuttle schedule, parking alternatives, etc. Hopefully they'll update the information soon.

https://www.santarosa.edu/administration/college-safety/parking.shtml

P.S. This flyer was posted on car windshields last week or the week before. However on one side it listed courses that start later in the semester. When we saw it on the windshield, we nearly threw it out without looking at the other side. So it's possible many other students missed this crucial parking announcement on the other side. There doesn't appear to be an update on the JC home page, either.

So plan ahead. Come early, use the shuttle or alternate transportation and plan for possible delays. It'll be a zoo next week!

I cc'd various depts. on campus hoping that they will make a better effort to get the word out. There's a new campus-wide mailing list used by the Admissions office to announce registration info & reminders. It would be great if SRJC departments coordinated for this kind of student body-wide announcement via email and web.

Hoai-An