Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Magick

City Council votes on War against Nature!

Wake up Folks!
    There is an ongoing War against Nature and Uncle Sam and the Pesticide industry wants you to do your part! Over 45 billion tons of pesticides are used every year in America but we are still not winning the war!
    Invasive species all over the planet are driving out the natives and must be stopped! (Just ask any native tribal people of this country they will tell you in gruesome detail what the invaders from Europe did to them!)
    The invaders must be stopped at all costs and pesticides aren’t cheap!
    On Tuesday night, the City Council of Sebastopol is hell bent on doing their part to send in the troops with Pesticide backpacks into our very own Laguna to kill the dreaded Pepperweed! Its about time all those hippie types that created a Toxics Free Zone get run out of town!
    Yes, there will be some collateral damage but it is for the higher good.
    Telar and Aquamaster are the weapons of choice and they go right into the plant and stop the production of amino acids so the plant can’t propagate. While it is true that it can be fatal to all broadleaf plants and we can’t really know how it interacts with the other 1000’s of chemicals already being dumped in the Laguna it is definitely worth it.
    Some would argue that glyphosate ( in Aquamaster) is directly linked to Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and Canadian farmers say their wives are miscarrying, but there’s no real proof.
    Denmark and Sweden have banned its use because they found it contaminated their groundwater, but what do those countries know about war?
    Yes, its true that the war against the Sharpshooter that cost 40 million turned out to be a scam and that many courts are now claiming that pesticides are the real problem, but we know for a fact that Pepperweed is evil and noxious. Just because it is related to Maca, one of the most nutritious plants in the world, doesn’t prove anything.
    And be prepared because most of the plants in the Laguna are non-native like Blackberry, Fennel, and Cocklebur, so once we’ve killed off the Pepperweed there will be more wars to be waged!
    Sonoma Mark and Dan Sherman of the Laguna Foundation are leading this great war to tame nature and make her behave. They are more than qualified for the job having already succeeded in killing off tons of Ludwigia by spending a million dollars on the herbicide victory in the Laguna.
    Never mind that the Ludwigia overgrowth was caused by the nutrient load from the dairies, the destruction of the riparian zones by wineries and developers, and the massive amounts of silt that has been deposited because of deforestation.
    We need more wine, milk, and houses, that’s a no-brainer right?
    (I do want to thank all the Laguna docents who are truly nature lovers, ( no sarcasm here) but what do you tell the school children as they walk through the Laguna using their inhalers because asthma is ten times more likely to develop in children exposed to herbicides.)
    The war against nature takes constant vigilance! You know without those great scientists in Germany we wouldn’t even have these amazing weapons of mass destruction, God sure works in mysterious ways!
    I sure hope eventually we can have citizen posses that don’t have to go through all this government rigmarole to fight the good fight! Some day we’ll be able to just go buy some Round-up and be weekend warriors killing any weed on sight! Thank God and America we can still kill them in our own front yard!
    Gotta Go—my neighbor says her dog just died after I killed all those dandelions in my yard! Some people just aren’t willing make the necessary sacrifices! Geesh!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Photo Consultant

Re: City Council votes on War against Nature!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Magick:
    Wake up Folks!
    There is an ongoing War against Nature and Uncle Sam and the Pesticide industry wants you to do your part! Over 45 billion tons of pesticides are used every year in America but we are still not winning the war!
    Invasive species all over the planet are driving out the natives and must be stopped! (Just ask any native tribal people of this country they will tell you in gruesome detail what the invaders from Europe did to them!)
    The invaders must be stopped at all costs and pesticides aren’t cheap!
    On Tuesday night, the City Council of Sebastopol is hell bent on doing their part to send in the troops with Pesticide backpacks into our very own Laguna to kill the dreaded Pepperweed! Its about time all those hippie types that created a Toxics Free Zone get run out of town!
    Yes, there will be some collateral damage but it is for the higher good.
    Telar and Aquamaster are the weapons of choice and they go right into the plant and stop the production of amino acids so the plant can’t propagate. While it is true that it can be fatal to all broadleaf plants and we can’t really know how it interacts with the other 1000’s of chemicals already being dumped in the Laguna it is definitely worth it.
    Some would argue that glyphosate ( in Aquamaster) is directly linked to Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and Canadian farmers say their wives are miscarrying, but there’s no real proof.
    Denmark and Sweden have banned its use because they found it contaminated their groundwater, but what do those countries know about war?
    Yes, its true that the war against the Sharpshooter that cost 40 million turned out to be a scam and that many courts are now claiming that pesticides are the real problem, but we know for a fact that Pepperweed is evil and noxious. Just because it is related to Maca, one of the most nutritious plants in the world, doesn’t prove anything.
    And be prepared because most of the plants in the Laguna are non-native like Blackberry, Fennel, and Cocklebur, so once we’ve killed off the Pepperweed there will be more wars to be waged!
    Sonoma Mark and Dan Sherman of the Laguna Foundation are leading this great war to tame nature and make her behave. They are more than qualified for the job having already succeeded in killing off tons of Ludwigia by spending a million dollars on the herbicide victory in the Laguna.
    Never mind that the Ludwigia overgrowth was caused by the nutrient load from the dairies, the destruction of the riparian zones by wineries and developers, and the massive amounts of silt that has been deposited because of deforestation.
    We need more wine, milk, and houses, that’s a no-brainer right?
    (I do want to thank all the Laguna docents who are truly nature lovers, ( no sarcasm here) but what do you tell the school children as they walk through the Laguna using their inhalers because asthma is ten times more likely to develop in children exposed to herbicides.)
    The war against nature takes constant vigilance! You know without those great scientists in Germany we wouldn’t even have these amazing weapons of mass destruction, God sure works in mysterious ways!
    I sure hope eventually we can have citizen posses that don’t have to go through all this government rigmarole to fight the good fight! Some day we’ll be able to just go buy some Round-up and be weekend warriors killing any weed on sight! Thank God and America we can still kill them in our own front yard!
    Gotta Go—my neighbor says her dog just died after I killed all those dandelions in my yard! Some people just aren’t willing make the necessary sacrifices! Geesh!
    Thanks Magick, I agree with you- there seems to be a great sleep that many of us are in about pesticides. Our family worked for three years on the rehabilitation of the Santa Rosa creek, (many folks have worked on it for a decade or more). The city and planning departments were great, helpful and smoothed the way immensley to bring back this beautiful creek.
    The ultimate question-Why then are we still spraying toxic Round Up on the concrete and greenery that then washes into the creek and onward? It is detrimental to all life. I have had petitions at the Peace and Justice center and the Environmental center for a year to ask for the end of spraying. Most surprisingly it has been completely overlooked at the Environmental center! Any one can sign it -you don't have to be from a specail neighborhood. Why continue to allow ourselves to be poisoned?
    Sign the petition pleeease! Thanks for listening-Andrea
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email