Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    moonrise

[K9AmberAlert] Found Border Collie Rohnert Park, Ca

This came through yahoo's K9AmberAlert and is local. If anyone knows of a missing dog that fits this please email:

There is a black and white border collie that has been hanging around my neighborhood the past couple of days and I am not sure if he was dumped or someone is looking for him. He has a red collar and is very scared, I have tried approaching him several times and he just runs away. He does not seem to be matted from long term outdoor life but is a little dirty as it has been raining off and on the past week and in my experience a dog who has merely escaped from a nearby yard usually runs in the direction of their house but this guy isn't going in any one direction, he seems to want to stay at one particular intersection and I am afraid he will be hit. My local animal control is a little less than tenacious as they haven't done much to help this poor guy. I should add that due to the dog being long haired I can't say for certain of the gender but it seems large for a BC so I am assuming it is male.

If anyone could cross post this to border collie lists or has tips on how to catch or otherwise help this poor scared soul, I would greatly appreciate it!

Lynette
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: [K9AmberAlert] Found Border Collie Rohnert Park, Ca

Have you called Border Collie Rescue?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by moonrise:
    This came through yahoo's K9AmberAlert and is local. If anyone knows of a missing dog that fits this please email:

There is a black and white border collie that has been hanging around my neighborhood the past couple of days and I am not sure if he was dumped or someone is looking for him. He has a red collar and is very scared, I have tried approaching him several times and he just runs away. He does not seem to be matted from long term outdoor life but is a little dirty as it has been raining off and on the past week and in my experience a dog who has merely escaped from a nearby yard usually runs in the direction of their house but this guy isn't going in any one direction, he seems to want to stay at one particular intersection and I am afraid he will be hit. My local animal control is a little less than tenacious as they haven't done much to help this poor guy. I should add that due to the dog being long haired I can't say for certain of the gender but it seems large for a BC so I am assuming it is male.

If anyone could cross post this to border collie lists or has tips on how to catch or otherwise help this poor scared soul, I would greatly appreciate it!

Lynette

3. TopTop #3
    motomama707

Im very interested in finding out the exact location (intersection name, etc.) of the dog, if you know what it is or if he/she is still out there. I used to have two border collies and I get along great with all dogs. Im willing to help out and make an attempt to get close to the dog if you think it would help. Please call me at 332-1671 w/ any info. Thanks

Lynette

4. TopTop #4
    helenscott08

I am going to send a link of this page to MARY QUINN, who is probably the very best one to help. She was responsible for rescuing a Cattle dog/queensland heeler from very similar situation. He was loose around the area of Old Redwood and Fountain Grove for several months. Then found his way to the Mobile Home Park I live in. He found haven UNDER the Manager's house. Although he seemed like he wanted to be friendly, he would growl and run off if anyone approached him.

However, when they finally got him caged, he was released, only to step on toes of rescuer, Mary Quinn, and reached up and gave her a big kiss. She said he is about the most adorable dog she has ever known. She took care of having him fixed, got all his shots, and microchipped, and then quite by accident found a really good loving home for him. This dog is doing quite well.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help this dog.

helen s

Lynette