Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    moonrise

Picked up by Animal Control

This is an older female dog, grey/white with grey merle too, a herd breed x, who was picked up in south santa rosa last week by animal control. She has worn teeth, probably from tennis balls, but seemed in good health, just very scared (being lost and picked up and shoved into a box on a truck by a stranger would be pretty scarey!).
    She's at Animal Control. No one can get her unless it's the owner because Animal Control has (another) outbreak of Parvo and they are all down under quarantine until Nov 9, if she makes it that long.

If you know this dog or know it's owners please have them contact Animal Control and get her out. A woman who spotted her tried to get to her before the Animal Control truck but didn't make it and the Animal Control person wouldn't just let her take the dog and spare it. She thought someone might have dumped it, but it could have been lost too. It did not appear to be feral at all.

-Dorothy
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    saskia

Re: Picked up by Animal Control

this is very bad. it is bad they would not let lady take him. it is bad they have parvo outbreak. this is preventable. it is bad that after 5 day stray hold they may euthanize old dog. it would be great ifherding breed rescue could keep track and get him after 5 day and have him in quarantined foster and vetted until he is safe. it seems the guardian should show up.or a new one via a rescue group? i hope you can keep track of him..i am in marin...

3. TopTop #3
    helenscott08

Re: Picked up by Animal Control

I will try to contact NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT about this dog but I believe they are at moment very, very short of FOSTER CARE HOMES.

NBCRP tries to rescue herding breeds such as this cattle dog.

helen s

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus:
    Would someone here be able and willing to track this dog? It worked well for me in the past and I don't have time right now but sure could light the way for someone to do it. Save a life! Call or email me. Dian
    Last edited by Barry; 11-06-2006 at 10:53 AM.