Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: By By CVS?
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31

Re: By By CVS?

I would say dipped, not tanked. It did look shaky at first, but things have mostly returned to normal, at least in Sebastopol. I still see lots of local goods, especially produce, and a lot of the same friendly staff. I find their customer service friendly and effective.

I agree about TJ's prepacked produce. Doesn't work for me.

I appreciate that people support local Andy's, Fircrest, Bill's, and Community Market. For health reasons, I really have to get everything in one place. For affordable, mostly all organic, that's Whole Foods.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ChefJayTay: View Post
    Whole Foods has tanked since Amazon took over. Their selections are not nearly as well stocked; they don't bring in a fraction of the local goods they used to. They only evaluate new products semi annually now instead of regularly. Most of the staff isn't the same either (which shows how Amazon has treated them).

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of TJ's and their prepacked buy it as a bunch or not at all produce. Their specialty in-store only brand items, don't compensate.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #32
    photolite

Please, John. Don't sugar coat it. Give it to us straight!
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by John Eder: View Post
    For a detailed account of how CVS f-----ed over Sebastopol, I suggest that you read:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?121572-How-CVS-Conned-Sebastopol

Have you tried the new Sebastopol Family Pharmacy, across the street from the former Palm Drive/Sonoma West hospital in town? They deliver, I believe, as does Forestville Pharmacy. See:

https://sebastopolpharmacy.com/

I understand your unique health requirements, but, for me and many others, CVS will always be a shi_hole business operated and staffed by slimy maggots* that we will never patronize, here or elsewhere.

John

* with apologies to maggots, of course...

4. TopTop #33

John,

I am no fan of CVS or their corporate leaders and do not shop there. I do take offense at your attacking their workers as "slimy maggots". They are working people who need the job, and from what I hear on this site, they are doing their best under bad circumstances.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by John Eder: View Post
    For a detailed account of how CVS f-----ed over Sebastopol, I suggest that you read:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?121572-How-CVS-Conned-Sebastopol
    I understand your unique health requirements, but, for me and many others, CVS will always be a shi_hole business operated and staffed by slimy maggots* that we will never patronize, here or elsewhere.

John

* with apologies to maggots, of course...
    Last edited by Barry; 02-14-2019 at 10:37 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

6. TopTop #34
    dianarc

Agreed. I personally do not shop there, but let's not diss the workers, please. Doing the best they can. All kinds of reasons why they might need this particular job.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tofu Larry: View Post
    John,

I am no fan of CVS or their corporate leaders and do not shop there. I do take offense at your attacking their workers as "slimy maggots". They are working people who need the job, and from what I hear on this site, they are doing their best under bad circumstances.

7. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

8. TopTop #35
    Roberta Llewellyn

it is great to support local markets, however, in my case, and that of many people I know in this town, who do not have vehicles and do not drive, while additionally most are rarely offered rides. I know this to be true because we, us non-drivers, have lamented to one another about the often repeated, "sorry," when asking the single person driver iwho then winces when saying he (or she) can't make room in their car or truck due to having all kinds of crammed goods inside. Many versions on theme one.

So, it makes sense to me to have a Trader Joes in town.