Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Hari Meyers
    Supporting Member

The Mahabharata 3-night Storytelling Event with Hari Meyers and live Music

When
    February 15 - 17th;6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
    Where The dhyana Center
    Cost Adults: $49 for all three nights / $20 for a single evening; Children 13 and younger: $30 for all three nights / $10 for a single evening
    Event Website Add to Google Calendar
    The Mahabharata is the world's longest and greatest epic. It is a repository for all Indian tales and knowledge. It is said that anything that can be found in the world is contained in the Mahabharata and what is not contained in that epic can be found nowhere. It is essentially the story of how we got to the world we now inhabit, a tale of the corruption, strife, the waning virtues of the third age (Dwapara yuga) and how we fell into the present age (Kali yuga), from which we are hopefully at last awakening.

Hari Meyers, M.A., MFCC,
    Hari has told mythological stories for almost thirty years -- in men's groups, at conferences, in mixed gender circles, in classrooms from elementary schools to universities and on a cruise ship that circumscribed the globe.

Purchase tickets here.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Kim Atkinson

Re: The Mahabharata 3-night Storytelling Event with Hari Meyers and live Music

Dear Friends. I'm happy to be creating an original soundscape, along with Hari's long time collaborator Gordon Pugh, for our window into this epic tale. I'll be playing tabla, hand pans, gongs, flutes, chimes, musical bow and other evocative sounds to underscore and punctuate the story, The three of us make a great team. Please come and enjoy!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hari Meyers: View Post

The Mahabharata is the world's longest and greatest epic. It is a repository for all Indian tales and knowledge. It is said that anything that can be found in the world is contained in the Mahabharata and what is not contained in that epic can be found nowhere. It is essentially the story of how we got to the world we now inhabit, a tale of the corruption, strife, the waning virtues of the third age (Dwapara yuga) and how we fell into the present age (Kali yuga), from which we are hopefully at last awakening.

Hari Meyers, M.A., MFCC,
    Hari has told mythological stories for almost thirty years -- in men's groups, at conferences, in mixed gender circles, in classrooms from elementary schools to universities and on a cruise ship that circumscribed the globe.

Purchase tickets here.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-30-2019 at 10:37 AM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Hari Meyers
    Supporting Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kim Atkinson: View Post
    Dear Friends. I'm happy to be creating an original soundscape, along with Hari's long time collaborator Gordon Pugh, for our window into this epic tale. I'll be playing tabla, hand pans, gongs, flutes, chimes, musical bow and other evocative sounds to underscore and punctuate the story, The three of us make a great team. Please come and enjoy!

Yes, I, Hari Meyers, want to concur with Kim that the three of us are indeed a great team! Over the years, I have been honored by many artists drawn to support me in the storytelling. I attribute this to the inspiring influence of the stories themselves and the mission I serve in resurrecting these archetypal tales for our times.

The Mahabharata is particularly profound -- believe it or not, it speaks to our current phenomena, challenges and threats such as nuclear war, abortion, even cloning. And, of course, the timeless wisdom contained, especially in the Bhagavad Gita, delivered on the eve of the great battle.

According to Veda Vyasa, the composer of the great epic, it "synthesizes all the knowledge of the world, from the Divine to the mundane, and, understanding the affairs of the gods, demons and humans, it expounds the great Truth by which a life of Virtue is directed, as well the lies and deceptive acts which karmically cause endless rebirth into a world of suffering."

In accord with the great oral tradition, it is my honor to bring this magnificent tale to you, direct, live and intimate!
    Last edited by Barry; 02-01-2019 at 12:27 PM.

5. TopTop #4
    Hari Meyers
    Supporting Member

Hari Meyers, M.A., MFCC,

Purchase tickets here.

When: February 15 - 17th; 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
    Where: The dhyana Center - 186 N Main St Suite 240, Sebastopol

Cost: Adults: $49 for all three nights / $20 for a single evening; Children 13 and younger: $30 for all three nights / $10 for a single evening

Name:  Mahabharata Square large1.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  452.6 KB