Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Rebecca Dwan

Sebastopol Women's March/Rally Jan. 19?

Dear folks,
    [IMGR][/IMGR]I am just wondering if anyone is organizing a rally or demonstration here in Sebastopol. Once again I notice on my P&J calendar that there is one planned in Santa Rosa but not here. The last two years, we had great last-minute rallies. So I am hoping this can happen again.

I posted on Nextdoor and have had a few positive responses. In any case, I plan to be out on the corner of 12 and 116 at some part of Jan. 19 --high noon is a good time that folks can usually remember-- to keep fighting for equality. That corner is the best place I know of in the North Bay for sign visibility.

Hope to see you on the streets Jan. 19,
    Rebecca D
    Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Sebastopol Women's March/Rally Jan. 19?

I was planning to attend the Santa Rosa March. I would prefer doing something in Sebastopol, so I will plan to be at the corner of Highways 12 & 116 at noon.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

I tried to find the posting on Nextdoor, but I could not find it there. Can you send it to Wacco, so that we can respond to it here and thus build more momentum?

5. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

See info about Santa Rosa Women's March here on WaccoBB.net
    Last edited by Barry; 01-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.

6. TopTop #5
    Rebecca Dwan

I am heartened that a number of people have already privately or publicly responded saying they will come out on Jan. 19 and either go to the Plaza and march around the block, or stand on the corner! If someone organizes a formal event and gets a permit, fine with me. Otherwise, we can just be citizens, mad as hell and not taking it anymore. Come stand on the 4 corners of 12 and 116 with a sign, or march around the block, or do whatever you think is best on that day. Variety is good! I love it when kids bring their homemade signs. . . .

One thing I would mention here is that when newbies make signs they often make them with text that is too small. Folks driving by, the ones who are not already "in our camp," the ones we want to reach, cannot read small text. Make it short, bold, and large! And if it is raining yes, you may need to put a drycleaner's bag over it or some such.

Thanks so much for all you do. If you want to do more for women's rights check out our local NOW chapter, nowsonoma.org. Or you might like to stand with Women in Black at the 4 corners every Friday 12–1.

Rebecca
    Last edited by Barry; 01-12-2019 at 11:42 AM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

Tags (user supplied keywords) for this Thread