Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    RaphaelA

Anyone Been to Uruguay -Advice or Place to Stay?

Name:  Uruguay-map.gif
Views: 1831
Size:  10.6 KB
    Hi!
    I am leaving for Uruguay just before New Year and for nearly three weeks. I am spontaneous that way but realize I don't just want to book hotels and wing it. Does anyone have the time an inclination to speak with me if you have been there or know of a good (not so expensive) place to stay? I am kind of going on a spiritual tour of sorts and have a break between my classes doing graduate work at Sonoma State. Thanks in advance!
    Raphael
    Last edited by Barry; 12-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Goldilocks

Re: Anyone Been to Uruguay -Advice or Place to Stay?

https://www.budismo.com.uy/english-version.html. I have lived in Uruguay for six years. You are visiting at peak season, you might check out couchsurfers.com for the least expensive accommodations. I live near Piriapolis, a beach town, created by an alchemist. I recommend taking the Mistico tour there. Email with specific questions, soldilocks@gmail
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by RaphaelA: View Post
    Name:  Uruguay-map.gif
Views: 1831
Size:  10.6 KB
    Hi!
    I am leaving for Uruguay just before New Year and for nearly three weeks. I am spontaneous that way but realize I don't just want to book hotels and wing it. Does anyone have the time an inclination to speak with me if you have been there or know of a good (not so expensive) place to stay? I am kind of going on a spiritual tour of sorts and have a break between my classes doing graduate work at Sonoma State. Thanks in advance!
    Raphael

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Micaela

Re: Anyone Been to Uruguay -Advice or Place to Stay?

Blessings,

I lived in Uruguay and worked there for almost 6 months. There is an amazing place called Cabo Polonio. It is set on a National Reserve Forest is a revolutionary and rebels dream getaway. If you are planning to visit the coast there, you will find the amazing Lobo Hostel Bar/Restaurant run by Gaston. It is a blessed Hostel & community based spot that you will be sure to enjoy for the time of your stay. Tell him "RastaWoman" sent you his way. You can find them on Facebook and booking.com, and the sunrises, sunsets and walks along the beach are the most breathtaking I've experienced. Bon Voyage!