Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Thanksgiving Redux

Hey Everybody,

It's Time to Give Thanks!

I've been real busy with family stuff for the last couple of weeks (in which gratitude plays a part) but haven't gotten a chance to reflect and write something for Thanksgiving... however a member happened to express gratitude for my message from 2011 recently, and it's one of my better ones! So please allow me to include it below and may it inspire you as it did me, just now!

Blessings to you all!

I, like you I imagine, get caught up with the challenges of day to day existence. It can seem like it's just turning the wheel. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes just mundane.

The current state of the evolution of humanity can give one pause as well.

Thanksgiving provides a wonderful time to step back and take stock. Even if times are tough, as I know it is for many of you, there is still much to be grateful for!

There's the beautiful and blessed part of the planet that we are privileged to live in, our loved ones, our communities and our health - even if it's accumulating bits that aren't quite right.

We certainly live in interesting times! While it's true that storm clouds have gathered, there's also much light energy that has been engaged.

Stepping further back (or is it forward?) there's the realization that we are the "
    Eyes of the World". You and I get to witness the majesty of the universal energy as it unfolds and manifests. We all play our small roles, whether we like it or not. It's really quite something. We are alive and conscious! That's the fundamental thing.

The fact that we have shelter, even if the walls could use a new coat of paint, there's good food to eat that comes either from our own toil or the generosity of our brothers and sisters, is also a blessing. However, the simple fact of consciousness is something not to overlook and to be grateful for. It comes from the same universal consciousness that we all share. It is all that is.

Thanksgiving is a great time roll it all the way back, and as much a possible, honor and be in gratitude to be alive, for each and every gift flows from that. Close your eyes and try that on for a bit and then open them and see the blessings that abound!

I also want to give my warm appreciation to each and every one of you out there! It's your participation (whether it be by posting or reading) that makes WaccoBB the amazing resource that it is. And a special thanks to all of you that go further and actively support me and the site by being a supporting member, alerting me as needed, catching my typos, helping at events, and sharing your feedback. Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Barry

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Thanksgiving Redux

Thanks Barry for reposting this lovely reflection on giving thanks for the gifts we have been given--I am more grateful all the time to live in this special community in this special place in nature.

Love and appreciation to all the WACCOS out there and esp. to you Barry for providing this community forum.

Blessings, Lilith

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    It's Time to Give Thanks!......
    Last edited by Barry; 11-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: