Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Vote Yes on Measure M for our parks

I love Sonoma County Parks; that’s why I’m voting Yes on Measure M in this election.

Our parks need help - they are aging and funding has not kept pace with growth.

If passed, Measure M will:

• Maintain our existing parks and trails
    • Improve wildfire resiliency
    • Invest in the natural resources program at Regional Parks
    • Allocate funds to both county and city parks
    • Provide necessary dollars to leverage regional, state and federal grant programs
    • Have an appointed oversight committee for taxpayer protection
    I need you to join me to help get Measure M over the top on November 6th!

Are you planning to vote Yes on Measure M?

Please join me to get out the vote for Yes on Measure M to support Parks for All in Sonoma County.

Thank you! Jenna
    Click here to find your friends and encourage them to support parks by voting Yes on M!

Paid for by Friends of Sonoma County Parks- Yes on Measure M, Committee major funding from Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria; FPPC# 1387826

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Dorothy Friberg

Re: Vote Yes on Measure M for our parks

I am not against parks, I often visit them. I am especially fond of the Kortum trail (minus the dog poop) and Goat Rock. However, I feel that park money is not handled well. Trained Rangers do litter and garbage duty. I watched a park employee casually taking a looong time painting park property that did not need painting.Too many of our parks are inaccessible unless we pay a fee. We are being taxed up the wazoo and everyone wants to add a quarter cent or half cent tax to their pet project(s). Perhaps that tax should be absorbed by new construction since these already have to buy into the roads and schools; not to mention a hospital which is a money pit.

Furthermore, more than half the proposal will go to Santa Rosa Parks and recreation which in my opinion mismanages the money their property owners pay. When they proposed closing the Bennett Valley Senior Center, seniors raised over 3,000 signatures and $25,000 which Santa Rosa poured into the money pit, the 'general fund' while neglecting upkeep and maintenance on that building. Since then that beautiful historic building has languished as have the seniors in that neighborhood. Oh yes, I saw a Latina peel off $500 to hold a party for her 15 year old girl to rent that building. Can you imagine how much work she had to do to earn that money?

In my opinion this parks tax money will be used to build fences and kiosks at the entrances so they can charge us once again to use OUR PARKS!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    I love Sonoma County Parks; that’s why I’m voting Yes on Measure M in this election. ....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: