Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    O.W.

Women's Rights & Protesting

I want to thank all the women and men who showed up Friday at noon downtown Sebastopol to carry signs, honk, wave, encourage us and thank us for being out on the streets protesting Brett Kavanaugh's quest to be on the Supreme Court. We were joined by women and men from all over the country Friday and we actually made a collective difference.

I love my community. One sign in particular to share: "Sebastopol-bubble, where facts matter". Smart, caring people who know social justice is everyone's issue!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Women's Rights & Protesting

Thank you for organizing this and so sorry I missed it--didn't know about it. And yes--we are making a difference!! No to Kav. and all the abusers of women, minorities, etc. We are making a difference. Lilith Oh and love that sign, too.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-30-2018 at 11:40 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

I have been to these Fri. at noon events on the corner where Highways 12 & 116 meet. They are helpful community-building gatherings, with incredible signs. Motorists tend to be very appreciative. I think the struggles by women and their male allies, especially in the face of Kavanaugh's sexual violence may bring Trump down.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Shepherd

The following is from Susan Lamont:

We Believe Christine Blasey Ford!, Monday, Oct. 1 through Friday, Oct. 5, 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
    Federal Building, 777 Sonoma Ave., Santa Rosa

We are planning to say Yes! to Christine Blasey Ford and No! to Brett Kavanaugh and the misogynists in the U.S. Senate every evening this week! Bring your signs and wear black - or not. Come one day; come all five! Encourage friends in other cities to do the same. If evenings don't work for you, show up at noon! This is grassroots. Do what works for you. And, if someone wants to organize something bigger for the weekend, go for it! If you plan something else, please let us know so that we can share it!
    Last edited by Barry; 09-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

9. TopTop #5

Quote Posted in reply to the post by O.W.: View Post
    I want to thank all the women and men who showed up Friday at noon downtown Sebastopol to carry signs, honk, wave, encourage us and thank us for being out on the streets protesting Brett Kavanaugh's quest to be on the Supreme Court. We were joined by women and men from all over the country Friday and we actually made a collective difference.

I love my community. One sign in particular to share: "Sebastopol-bubble, where facts matter". Smart, caring people who know social justice is everyone's issue!
    Here's a poem I wrote today for 10,000 Poets for Change on the theme of a message for our children's future.

A WORLD OF HOPE, A WORLD OF DESPAIR

“And we’ve only got these times
    we’re livin’ in
    Only got these times we’re livin’ in”

What are these times?

Hope or despair?
    Love or hate?
    Joy or grief?
    Beauty or ugliness?
    Happiness or sorrow?
    Exuberance or sadness?
    Companionship or loneliness?
    Abundance or scarcity?
    Optimism or pessimism?
    Renewal or destruction?
    War or peace?

All of these at once.

I know
    there have been times
    like these before
    when the people
    looked about them
    and said,
    “No, this can’t be.
    Will we leave
    THIS
    to our children—
    this war,
    this hatred,
    this devastated
    landscape?”

The people
    looked about them
    and said,
    “NO.
    This is NOT
    what we will leave
    to them.
    YES, we CAN
    fix this.
    We have climbed out
    of this nightmare before.
    We have woken
    to our best selves in the past.

“We have realized that
    we can not leave this mess
    to our children.
    We know that
    The time is NOW!!
    And
    “We only have these times
    we’re livin’ in.
    “We only have these times
    we’re livin’ in.”

So
    “Let’s get together
    and FEEL ALRIGHT.”

Lilith Rogers
    September 30th, 2018

10. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

11. TopTop #6
    Shepherd

I just received the following. It requests that we host #StopKavanaugh Vigils in our towns. If some of you might be willing to do so, I would help. It could be in the downtown square. I can be reached at 829-8185. We would need at least a few people to work on this. Please consider expressing your opinions here on Waccobb.net. Let's work to stop this lifetime appointment of a predator to such a high position.

#Resisters --

There are two things we know: it is possible that Brett Kavanaugh is guilty of sexual assault and lied under oath about it. And, we know we need more people standing up for a fairer, more democratic society to say even that possibility is enough to reconsider a lifetime appointee to the Supreme Court.

Can you host a #StopKavanaugh Vigil in your town? All you need is a few friends and a public place to gather.

Demand the U.S. Senate stop Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination -- having him on the U.S. Supreme Court would send a message to women all over the world that perpetrators of sexual violence will not be held accountable and that survivors of sexual assault will not be believed.

Kavanaugh must be stopped, and it’s up to #Resisters to make sure Senators in all fifty states hear their constituents loud and clear.

Vigils are starting today and will continue through the week, so post your vigil in your #Resist community asap to invite even more folks to take action now.

Thank you for all that you do,
    Ashley K, #Resist Director

P.S. Send an email to [email protected] or message the #Resist Organizer in your Meetup for help!

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #7
    O.W.

I'll be out Friday at noon. AlterNet and Daily Kos had comments on impeaching sitting Supreme Court judges. It's very, very difficult and close to the same process as impeaching the president. Obviously, Kavanaugh is partisan and unfit to rule on most anything. He has to be stopped now.

See you all Friday...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-03-2018 at 08:50 PM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #8
    Shepherd

I also plan to return to that very busy corner of Highways 12 & 116 in Sebastopol at noon this Fri. Please join us and bring signs.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-03-2018 at 08:51 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #9
    Shepherd

Interfaith Council of Sonoma County Leadership Statement
    on the Nomination of Brett Kavanaugh
    to the United States Supreme Court

Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the US Supreme Court poses a threat to human rights, civil liberties, and sound government. These risks are evident in Judge Kavanaugh’s judicial opinions, other legal writing, and speech. Judge Kavanaugh's intemperate conduct and speech during committee hearings, and his apparent perjury and absence of remorse regarding alleged past drunkenness and sexually assaultive behavior, render him unacceptable for the Court.

We believe Judge Kavanaugh is at best indifferent, and very likely actively hostile, to the rights of immigrants, religious and ethnic minorities, women, LGBT persons, and people with disabilities.

We believe that if Judge Kavanaugh is seated on the US Supreme Court, his expressed deference to presidential power will impede critically needed protection of the natural environment, and will bring about grave abuses of power.

We also object emphatically to the Senate majority leadership’s withholding of thousands of pages of background documents and its refusal to allow meaningful investigation of Kavanaugh’s alleged misdeeds.

Board, Interfaith Council of Sonoma County, October3, 2018
    Last edited by Barry; 10-04-2018 at 09:14 AM.

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #10

There are just such demos all week in Santa Rosa.
    *Rally - We Believe You, Christine Blasey Ford!
    Monday -Friday, October 1-5, 4-6:30 PM

We are planning to say Yes! to Christine Blasey Ford and No! to Brett Kavanaugh and the misogynists in the U.S. Senate. For more info, visit: www.facebook.com/events/325681704860359
    Federal Building, 777 Sonoma Ave., Santa Rosa

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

21. TopTop #11
    karenm97

When I click on the facebook event announcement, it says 5-6:30, not 4-6:30.

22. TopTop #12
    Shepherd

You are correct. It is 5-6:30 at the Federal Building today and tomorrow.

23. TopTop #13
    Shepherd

From Alyssa:

It happened: the Senate just voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. But this fight isn’t over yet. He can and MUST be impeached and removed from the bench. We are calling on the House Judiciary Committee to launch immediately an impeachment investigation.

Will you join us?

First, Kavanaugh lied under oath about stolen emails he received when he worked at the White House. The Senate Judiciary Committee asked him about these materials three times: in 2004, in 2006, and during his recent confirmation hearings. He committed perjury every time. That is disqualifying.

Then, Kavanaugh was credibly accused of committing multiple counts of sexual assault in his past. The FBI investigation into these allegations was a sham, as it was severely limited by the White House. These allegations must be thoroughly investigated. If these sexual assaults did occur, they are disqualifying.

Now it looks like Kavanaugh has lied again -- this time about the allegations. And, he may have conspired with Ed Whelan to discredit Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony, bringing the judiciary into disrepute. If that’s true, it is further evidence that he corruptly obtained this Supreme Court seat -- and it’s disqualifying.

Enough is enough. Soon, Brett Kavanaugh will be seated on the Supreme Court -- but he shouldn’t get too comfortable.

Add your name and join me in calling on the House Judiciary Committee to launch an impeachment investigation of Brett Kavanaugh.

Thanks,
    Alyssa
    Last edited by Barry; 10-07-2018 at 12:14 PM.

24. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

25. TopTop #14
    Shepherd

From National Domestic Workers' Alliance
    I'm devastated. The past days and weeks have been a non-stop reminder of what we see time and again: the only way women are going to get justice is by getting power.
    We have been working non-stop to support and strengthen powerful movements led by women of color, survivors and immigrants -- with the help of each and every one of you who stand behind the National Domestic Workers Alliance.
    Our movement is built by amazing women across the country, including brave survivors speaking up everywhere -- women like Daniela Contreras, who was sexually assaulted while working as a nanny at age 16, and is now an NDWA organizer fighting for respect and rights for domestic workers.

Now there’s just 31 days until the biggest political moment of our movement so far. And we need your help to get EVERY one of our eligible voters to the ballot box in the midterm elections.
    Can you donate to help re-shape the politics of our country so that sexual assault survivors can’t be sidelined any more? All gifts will be matched up to $20,000!
    Women -- especially women of color -- are a critical political bloc this election. If we vote in the upcoming midterms at anywhere near the levels we’ve seen in special elections over the last two years, it’ll create a groundbreaking shift in our politics for years to come.
    But midterm elections typically have the lowest voter participation of all federal elections. That’s why we’re:

• Running a huge voter registration drive focusing on Black women workers. We’re texting, calling, and going door-to-door -- whatever it takes to get people registered and out to vote on November 6th.
    • Running a first-of-its-kind experiment to provide childcare at polling places to reduce one of the biggest barriers parents face to voting.
    • Election Day: reminding, reminding, reminding. It’s not groundbreaking, but every study confirms reminding people to vote early and on election day makes the difference between low turnout and a wave of voters making their voice heard.
    • And so much more -- mailing, calling, advertising to voters to make sure they come out this November…
    The stakes for women and sexual assault survivors have never been higher. Donate whatever you can now -- and let’s make this election a turning point:
    The movement we saw rear its head in DC and across the country this week is powerful. Hundreds of thousands of us spoke up, made sure our stories are heard, and demonstrated our power. Our voices matter. Let’s make sure they do on November 6th.
    Thank you, Ai-jen Poo, Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance
    Last edited by Barry; 10-07-2018 at 12:10 PM.

26. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

27. TopTop #15
    Shepherd

From MoveOn,
    It is a bleak day in America. The Senate has just confirmed Brett Kavanaugh to a lifetime appointment to the nation's highest court.

A partisan warrior accused by multiple women of sexual assault who spews conspiracy theories against the left and lied his way through his confirmation now sits atop our justice system.

There will be no justice in America until we vote out Donald Trump and the senators responsible and end Republican control of Congress.

And if you think this upcoming election is in the bag, it's not. New polling data shows a spike in Republican enthusiasm about the midterm elections, suggesting higher-than-expected Republican turnout. Now, the number of Democrats and Republicans who say the November elections are "very important" is a statistical tie.1

November is coming. Election Day is just over four weeks away.

We have zero time to waste to get out the vote and hold the GOP accountable in November. Will you chip in $3 a week to help throw the Republicans who voted for Brett Kavanaugh out of office this November?
    Can't chip in weekly? We still need your help right now.

Whether you feel rage, anger, disgust, exhaustion, or fear, you are not alone. Today's vote is deeply painful.
    But what happens next is up to us. This election is a referendum on Trump and the GOP and their misogyny, corruption, and giveaways to the rich. Trump thinks that by attacking sexual assault survivors, he can actually increase turnout in his base and win the election. The GOP is his accomplice. We must prove them wrong.

MoveOn is running the biggest, most sophisticated elections campaign in our 20-year history. The campaign relies on both cutting-edge technology and old-fashioned shoe leather to persuade voters and get out the vote.

But we need your help to have the resources to pull it all off. Will you chip in $3 a week?
    Yes, I'll chip in weekly to make the Republicans pay for ramming through the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh.
    No, I'm sorry, I can't make a weekly donation.

Between now and Election Day, we need to contact literally millions of voters to make Republicans pay for this disgrace. Here's some of what's underway:

• MoveOn members are coordinating hundreds of "Wave Volunteer" events in crucial swing districts to make phone calls, knock on doors, and provide the essential shoe-leather campaign support that Democrats need to win.
    • We've formed a special team to run a cutting-edge voter persuasion project called "Real Voter Voices," allowing regular folks to record and upload videos on their smartphones talking about why they support their local candidate—and then using highly targeted social media analytics to show those videos to the people who are most likely to be persuaded.
    • Our army of volunteers is sending text messages to millions of voters to get them out to get-out-the-vote events nationwide.
    November is coming. With razor-thin margins, everything we do right now matters. We must make Trump and the GOP pay and end Republican control of Congress. Will you chip in $3 a week?
    Yes, I'll chip in weekly to make Trump and the GOP pay and usher in a new day in America.
    No, I'm sorry, I can't make a weekly donation.

We will persist and ultimately prevail, together.
    Thanks for all you do.
    –Anna, Tillie, Emily, Ilya, and the rest of MoveOn's Supreme Court Team

Source:
    1. "G.O.P. Hopes Anger Over Treatment of Kavanaugh Propels Voters to the Polls," The New York Times, October 4, 2018

https://act.moveon.org/go/52718?t=10&akid=217859%2E18866930%2EeDpyPs
    How do MoveOn weekly donations work? Weekly donations are a new type of donation that we're testing during election season! If you sign up to make a weekly donation through MoveOn, your weekly contribution will be billed once per month to your credit card, today and on the same day of every month going forward. To determine your monthly contribution amount, we will multiply the weekly amount of your donation by 4.34—the average number of weeks per month. You can cancel, modify, or request a full or partial refund of your recurring donation at any time. If you sign up to make a weekly donation, we will contact you by email shortly after Election Day to see if you want to modify or cancel your donation.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, https://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-07-2018 at 12:11 PM.

28. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

29. TopTop #16
    O.W.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ght-nomination

First of all great appreciation to Shepherd. He came out again Friday downtown with a growing group of protestors. I think we all need to channel our disgust and moral outrage into action. Yeah, I donated to Heidi Heitcamp for having the balls to do the right thing, opponent of Susan Collins whoever that might be. I heard Susan Rice is seriously looking into challenging her. I signed up to handwrite postcards to swing state voters on why I am voting. We all need to stay focused on the November elections. Without equality for all, we are SOL.

So during this last few weeks I have been speaking with alot of women and so far not one woman I spoke with has NOT been sexually abused, assaulted, harassed or had violence perpetrated on them by a male. This male dominated sexual violence is epidemic. Statistics show 1 in 3 women will have some form of male assault in their lifetimes. A must read for the life long trauma these actions bring and ways to heal is Eva Ensler, writer of the Vagina Monologues, link above.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT. The GOP is now the party of hate. Their actions show the hate women, children, minorities poor, sick, foreigners, science, truth, facts, heathy environment. VOTE THEM OUT. Support candidates with morals.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    From MoveOn,
    It is a bleak day in America. ...

30. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

31. TopTop #17

Thank you OW and Shepherd, you're both right on!!! Not all Dems are perfect but I think the Repugs have proven that they have no ethics!! That they would vote in a block--except for their Sen. from Alaska--for someone who is obviously a horrible choice for the SC--just makes that obvious. Not to mention all the other crap they're trying to push thru before they hopefully lose their majority in November. Let's get them out!!!

Lilith

32. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

33. TopTop #18
    occihoff

I strongly suspect that the search for further information about Kavanaugh's past and character is not going to stop simply because he got confirmed! All that information the Republicans withheld in their mad rush to get him on the Court will inexorably be unearthed bit by bit by persistent researchers...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2018 at 02:17 PM.

34. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

35. TopTop #19
    forveterans49

"The GOP is now the party of hate" you wrote. I would say they ALWAYS have been.

...VOTE THEM ALL OUT. The GOP is now the party of hate. Their actions show the hate women, children, minorities poor, sick, foreigners, science, truth, facts, healthy environment. VOTE THEM OUT. Support candidates with morals.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2018 at 02:18 PM.

36. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

37. TopTop #20
    Shepherd

I think it is an over-statement to say that they ALWAYS have been. Lincoln was a Republican. I consider Dwight D. Eisenhower to have been a good president. In his retirement speech he came out against the "military/industrial complex." He also helped defeat the Nazis in World War II. There are some good Republicans; let's give them, especially the women, the chance to vote against their party candidates in the mid-term. Demonizing them does not help to switch their votes.

I did not vote for Hillary Clinton, since I consider her to represent the corporate elite. Living in Calif., I voted for Green Party candidate Jill Stein.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by forveterans49: View Post
    "The GOP is now the party of hate" you wrote. I would say they ALWAYS have been.

38. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

39. TopTop #21
    wisewomn

Agreed, Shepherd. But the original Republican Party bears little resemblance to the one we have today. The post-WWII Republican Party was also very different from the one we have today. I imagine William F. Buckley spinning in his grave, along with Lincoln and Eisenhower.

I read somewhere that today's Dems have shifted so far to the right-center that they are more like the Republican Party of the 1950s. Thank goodness for the Progressive upwising.

I do think you are unduly optimistic about Republican women. A majority of them support Kavanaugh according to polls.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...rett-kavanaugh

40. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

41. TopTop #22
    Shepherd

This is a very wise response. Many of today's Dems are more like Republicans of the '50s. We need something better than what both of these parties offer, in my opinion.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Agreed, Shepherd. But the original Republican Party bears little resemblance to the one we have today. ...

42. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

43. TopTop #23
    O.W.

It is the GOP that have moved so far to the extreme right while some centrist Dems have moved right, it is mainly the leaders of the Dems because they believe it will get them votes. I just read somewhere that actually most Dems are left of middle and the younger voters in a majority relate to Socialist Party or Democratic Socialist Party like Bernie.

The GOP is all about consolidation of power for their rich donors. Take the money away and they will move to the middle as only a small group are as extreme as their leaders. So SCOTUS, you make no sense.....if money is free speech then lack of money is lack of free speech and you need to protect those without large sums to buy our politicians. VOTE.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Agreed, Shepherd. But the original Republican Party bears little resemblance to the one we have today. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-14-2018 at 10:14 AM.

44. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

45. TopTop #24
    Dorothy Friberg

We need to be careful of making universal statements. If you go 100 miles south you will find A LOT of Republicans. If you go to the mid-west you will find even more - and when I return to my family town in Minn. many think my politics are far out there. We have left wing power on a limited basis. We still have only two Senators as does every state. I cannot influence my right wing family members but I CAN change the way I re-act to them.

It is the GOP that have moved so far to the extreme right while some centrist Dems have moved right, ..... VOTE.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-14-2018 at 10:15 AM.

46. Gratitude expressed by:

47. TopTop #25
    wisewomn

Dorothy, in Fahrenheit 9/11 Michael Moore points out that the US is predominantly a liberal country according to reputable polls. The majority of Americans support voting rights, equal pay, public education, etc. (Conspicuously absent were abortion rights, though.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS6zDqsgEo

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dorothy Friberg: View Post
    We need to be careful of making universal statements. If you go 100 miles south you will find A LOT of Republicans. If you go to the mid-west you will find even more - and when I return to my family town in Minn. many think my politics are far out there. We have left wing power on a limited basis. We still have only two Senators as does every state. I cannot influence my right wing family members but I CAN change the way I re-act to them.

48. Gratitude expressed by:

49. TopTop #26
    O.W.

Doesn't this really say that our "leaders" pander to minority groups like our American Taliban AKA Evangelicals and their rich, country club elite donors? I think the definition of conservatives is: easily conned to serve the 1%. I have read and hear the same thing Wisewoman, the majority is alot more liberal than the regressive policies we see.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-15-2018 at 01:40 PM.

50. Gratitude expressed by:

51. TopTop #27
    podfish

Doesn't this really say that our "leaders" pander to minority groups like our American Taliban AKA Evangelicals and their rich, country club elite donors? I think the definition of conservatives is: easily conned to serve the 1%. I have read and hear the same thing Wisewoman, the majority is alot more liberal than the regressive policies we see.
    there's need for another category to describe them, though. I don't agree that the majority is liberal at all, especially outside of our county but even here. At least, they won't call themselves liberal. The majority does hold what are liberal positions on things like gay rights, universal health care, and the like. And this country culturally has always prided itself on their charity toward their neighbors. But there's a strong Puritan and I think punitive streak, too. There's a great willingness to see people as authors of their own fate. People may complain about being seen as 'flyover country' by the coastal elites, but the same people seem to be harshest on those they consider lazy or immoral - even if it's their relatives. Claims that "libs just want free stuff" seem to have immense resonance for a ton of people. They also hate the idea that immigrants are here without "waiting in line for their turn", more than they actually hate immigrants; you also see the sentiment that immigrants unfairly get free health care and other government help. There's actually respect for how hard they work.
    When people interpret liberals' advocacy of government involvement as a selfish seeking of handouts, taken from hard-working people and given to the undeserving, they won't define themselves as liberals and find it hard to support what should be common cause.

52. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

53. TopTop #28
    Shepherd

We told you the fight wasn’t over.

New ethics complaints have been made about Justice Kavanaugh’s temperament at his confirmation hearing in September. Chief Justice of the Supreme Court John Roberts has referred more than twelve of those complaints to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.

The truth is, these complaints are likely to die in the Tenth Circuit. That’s why the House of Representatives MUST open an impeachment investigation against Kavanaugh. Can you pitch in and support our call on the House to begin investigating IMMEDIATELY?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
    Express donate $15 >>
    Express donate $25 >>
    Express donate $50 >>
    Express donate $100 >>
    Or, donate a different amount >>
    These complaints about Kavanaugh’s temperament are serious. More than 2,400 law professors agree that his behavior was disqualifying. Even former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens said he thought Kavanaugh was unfit for the Court.

If Chief Justice Roberts had referred these complaints before the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh, this review might have had an impact. But now that he is already sworn into the Supreme Court, it’s unlikely the Tenth Circuit will hold him accountable.

That’s why we can’t rely on this review alone. The House of Representatives has the authority to launch an investigation into Kavanaugh’s conduct, including whether he corruptly obtained his seat on the Supreme Court, and impeach him based on their findings. Until that happens, he will have an asterisk next to his name, and so will our Supreme Court.

Make a $5 gift to help fund our call on the House to launch an impeachment investigation immediately.
    Thanks, Ron Fein, Legal Director
    Last edited by Barry; 10-17-2018 at 11:49 AM.

54. Gratitude expressed by:

55. TopTop #29
    O.W.

I thought I read that Nancy Pelosi said impeachment of Kava-NOPE is "off the table" like she said about impeachment of George W and Cheney. Don't know if that is to not offend people before the election or not.

I am still waiting to find a woman over 40 who has NOT been assaulted, harassed or abused by a male in their life time. Stats show 1 in 3. Most men want equality for women, this is just a fringe group of extremists that do not. Epidemic problem that will not be swept under the rug anymore. Vote out the knuckle draggers.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    ...The truth is, these complaints are likely to die in the Tenth Circuit. That’s why the House of Representatives MUST open an impeachment investigation against Kavanaugh.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-18-2018 at 01:19 PM.

56. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

57. TopTop #30
    wisewomn

Podfish, Michael Moore was basing his comments on the fact that Democrats had the majority of popular votes in the last 5 (?) Presidential elections. It's the Electoral College set-up (and the Supremes) that enabled the Repugs to win at all. That held true in this last one, as well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    there's need for another category to describe them, though. I don't agree that the majority is liberal at all, especially outside of our county but even here. At least, they won't call themselves liberal. The majority does hold what are liberal positions on things like gay rights, universal health care, and the like. And this country culturally has always prided itself on their charity toward their neighbors. But there's a strong Puritan and I think punitive streak, too. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-18-2018 at 01:21 PM.

58. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: