Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    350kitty

Lakota Law: Don't buy Nestle products, buy these!

Boycott Nestle to PROTECT WATER. Water is life!

Nestle is such a scoundrel! I am deeply disappointed that Starbucks has signed a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR deal with Nestle. They should know better! I'm now boycotting Starbucks.

P.S. I use the Buycott app (free, recommended in Lakota Law's letter below) on my phone to join any boycotts I wish to support (re: Nestle, GMOs, social justice, saying no to palm oil, etc). You can use it to scan the bar code of most products and find out if the product is one you want from a company or parent company you want to boycott. It's an easier way than checking a long list of products to avoid while you shop.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paularmstrongtech/2017/01/11/three-apps-that-will-help-you-find-out-which-brands-have-dirty-secrets/#116eea0b6c69 .

Read on.

I've forwarded this letter to Customer Relations at Starbucks: [email protected] .

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:17 PM
    Subject: Don't buy Nestle products, buy these!

Expand
    Mother Earth thanks you for withholding support from companies that don’t respect the environment and the right of all people to access clean water. When you say no to unconscionable ecological practices, you live in your power. You may have seen our call to #BoycottNestle though our #NestlePledge. Now, sadly, despite its claims to be a responsible company, Starbucks has signed a multi-billion dollar deal with Nestle, and we’ve updated our pledge to include the coffee giant.

Because Nestle’s family of products — the largest in the world — encompasses so many beverages and foods, we realize it can be a daunting proposition to find good alternatives. I’m happy to tell you we’ve done the research to make your life easier.

We’ve found and made a short list of good, socially conscious brands to buy whether you need to feed your cat, bake a pizza, or stop for roadside coffee. We encourage you to use it and share it with anyone you think might join the movement to support better companies. While you’re there, please take the pledge!

It’s usually good for Unci Maka if you can purchase locally-made products from local shops. Because those can be luxury items that don’t fit everyone’s budget, we made sure to include many widely available brands that you should be able to get online or at your local supermarket — at least until Nestle buys that, too.

Another option is to use the Buycott app, which allows you to scan items in-store when you doubt their integrity. We support everything you do to take valuable dollars out of the pockets of environmental abusers.

Did you know that the Starbucks deal was the third largest transaction in Nestle’s 152-year history? According to BrandZ’s Global 2017 report, Starbucks is the second most valuable brand in fast food, with an estimated worth of $44 billion. It doesn’t need the money, but it’s now in an “alliance” with a company responsible for massive environmental degradation and human rights abuses.

Thank you for your commitment to creating a better world together. When we speak as one with our wallets, we send a strong message that #EveryDropCounts. Collectively, we can increase the pressure that creates real and lasting change.

Pilamaya — My gratitude for your solidarity.

Chase Iron Eyes
    Lead Counsel
    Lakota People’s Law Project

P.S. Please be sure to take the #NestlePledge and use our list of socially conscious alternative brands — then let your friends know about these valuable resources. Lastly, I know many of us will miss Häagen-Dazs and Pumpkin Spice Lattes. But Ben, Jerry, and Peet have you covered — and they’re good guys on the right side of history.

Lakota People's Law Project
    547 South 7th #149
    Bismarck, ND 58504-5859
    The Lakota People's Law Project is a part of the 501(c)(3) Romero Institute, an interfaith law and policy center. All donations are tax-deductible.
    *** 350ppm *** 350ppm *** Food as Climate Action: Do it now - For everyone you love! *** 350ppm *** 350ppm ***
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: