• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Indivisible Sonoma County General Meeting

When
    Monday, August 27th;6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Where Finley Community Center 2060 West College Ave
    Event Website Add to Google Calendar
    Indivisible Sonoma County mobilizes and organizes people locally by connecting them with the political processes to fight for equality and justice. Inspired by Indivisible.org, we rally to resist the Trump agenda — an agenda based on racism, authoritarianism, and corruption. We object loudly and powerfully to ensure that people in Sonoma County understand how damaging the Trump agenda is from the start.

General Membership Meeting:
    Mon, Aug 27, 2018
    6:00pm - 8:00pm
    Finley Community Center
    2060 West College Ave, Santa Rosa

Please join us on August 27th to help make the "Blue Wave" a reality. We will help you find what works best for you. There's so much to choose from:

• Canvassing
    • Phone Banking
    • Post Carding
    • Texting
    • Voter Registration

You can work with:

• Our very own Out of District Team or
    • Swing Left Sonoma County

You decide what works best for you and when! Together we can make the "Blue Wave" happen!

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" -- Hillel the Elder
    Last edited by Barry; 08-14-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Indivisible Sonoma County General Meeting

Is there a group working on re-forming the electoral system? or the Democratic Party? or promoting RCV?

Of course I'll advocate for Dem over Republicans, but I hold my nose-- I haven't forgotten what Wasserman-Schultz did to Bernie Sanders; and many other things Democrats have done over many years, including "welfare reform" which had a terrible effect on poor single mothers; neither Clinton nor Obama freeing/pardoning Leonard Peltier,...etc.etc.etc.

And there are so many great choices outside of big money backed Democrats and Republicans, includingGreen party and other party candidates, that can't win with our current system...

I've had it with the 2 party system, and our electoral system, and we need to have RCV so we can stop choosing between the lesser of 2 evils....

Quote Edward Mendoza wrote: View Post
    Indivisible Sonoma County mobilizes and organizes people locally by connecting them with the political processes to fight for equality and justice. Inspired by Indivisible.org, we rally to resist the Trump agenda — an agenda based on racism, authoritarianism, and corruption. We object loudly and powerfully to ensure that people in Sonoma County understand how damaging the Trump agenda is from the start.

General Membership Meeting:
    Mon, Aug 27, 2018
    6:00pm - 8:00pm
    Finley Community Center
    2060 West College Ave, Santa Rosa

Please join us on August 27th to help make the "Blue Wave" a reality. We will help you find what works best for you. There's so much to choose from:

• Canvassing
    • Phone Banking
    • Post Carding
    • Texting
    • Voter Registration

You can work with:

• Our very own Out of District Team or
    • Swing Left Sonoma County

You decide what works best for you and when! Together we can make the "Blue Wave" happen!

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" -- Hillel the Elder
    Last edited by Barry; 08-27-2018 at 01:25 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    karenm97

Re: Indivisible Sonoma County General Meeting

If you've had it with the 2-party system, Indivisible isn't for you. That's not what they're about lol (thus the "blue wave" and all that). It's ok to not join a group that doesn't work for what you want = you don't have to join a group just because there's a group. Working with a group that shares your criticism but doesn't see the same solutions or strategies as you want could be a recipe for burnout.

Quote gaiasophia wrote: View Post
    Is there a group working on re-forming the electoral system? or the Democratic Party? or promoting RCV?

Of course I'll advocate for Dem over Republicans, but I hold my nose-- I haven't forgotten what Wasserman-Schultz did to Bernie Sanders; and many other things Democrats have done over many years, including "welfare reform" which had a terrible effect on poor single mothers; neither Clinton nor Obama freeing/pardoning Leonard Peltier,...etc.etc.etc.

And there are so many great choices outside of big money backed Democrats and Republicans, includingGreen party and other party candidates, that can't win with our current system...

I've had it with the 2 party system, and our electoral system, and we need to have RCV so we can stop choosing between the lesser of 2 evils....

6. Gratitude expressed by: