Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

For WOMEN ONLY-Boudoir session only $99- includes make-up! Limited time offer!!

This is an offer from my famous boudoir photography friend, Jason Guy.
    You wouldn't believe how good you can look from a session with him.

Here's the link, where you can see "before and after" photos:
    https://jgboudoir.com/special-offer

ps. He loves capturing the beauty of older women!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    occihoff

Re: For WOMEN ONLY-Boudoir session only $99- includes make-up! Limited time offer!!

Hey, Shandi, I hope these aren't examples of what you mean by "older women." If so, god save any woman who is over 35 or 40!

In any case, what does it matter how good you can look in a specially prepared, doctored-up photo? It's how you really look in person that counts!

Quote Shandi wrote: View Post
    This is an offer from my famous boudoir photography friend, Jason Guy.
    You wouldn't believe how good you can look from a session with him.

Here's the link, where you can see "before and after" photos:
    https://jgboudoir.com/special-offer

ps. He loves capturing the beauty of older women!

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Re: For WOMEN ONLY-Boudoir session only $99- includes make-up! Limited time offer!!

I should ask him for pictures of the oldest women he's photographed. I had a boudoir session when I was 65 by a NY photographer who was visiting Sonoma County, and I did my own minimal make-up, since I usually don't wear any. She offered about 20 free sessions for women over 55, and I was lucky to get in on one. She took about 200 shots, and the star image was a pose I created myself, called "Ageless".

I've specialized in boudoir photography for the past 35 years, and many women were considered older, although I also did many younger women.

As far as being "doctored-up", I find that most women doctor themselves up with make-up before they go out in public. You may not realize that, but most women don't want their facial flaws showing. Cosmetics are one of the most profitable businesses. Personally, I've never worn make up, except for a brief period when I took a make-up lesson to please a man I was in relationship with. My avatar picture is during that time. It's a favorite, and haven't had a better one since.

Jason's skill isn't make-up, but photography, and he's a master! I know what it takes to capture the hidden beauty of women who think they're not beautiful. Many women have told me that it's the best pictures they have of themselves. Jason tells me he's had many responses to my posts on various sites.

Anyone, man or woman, who dresses up for special occasions does it to look better than they normally do in casual clothes, to make an impression. It's the same with jewelry, which is worn for others, since the wearer isn't looking at themselves. Consider that many women may have over 50 pairs of shoes. This is yet another way of "doctoring" themselves up.

I've had 2 women friends who wouldn't leave the house without make-up, and I only saw each of them once, without it. They were mortified that I should see their naked face! I felt sorry for them. This was truly an extreme lack of self-confidence.

Take a closer look at women to see how many aren't "doctored up" in person. I realize it may be hard for the untrained eye to see. And you may think that these women aren't wearing make-up, when in truth they're just experts at using it.

It would be great to hear from women on the topic.
    Quote occihoff wrote: View Post
    Hey, Shandi, I hope these aren't examples of what you mean by "older women." If so, god save any woman who is over 35 or 40!

In any case, what does it matter how good you can look in a specially prepared, doctored-up photo? It's how you really look in person that counts!

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    occihoff

Oh, I didn't know that you also do "boudoir" photography. Would you care to post your own boudoir picture that you mention in your post?

Your "avatar" picture means the one on your posts? I've always loved your spectacular red hair and how it and the colors of your clothes make a lovely color combination.

But I have a problem with having our avatar pictures look totally different from the way we look now. I take it you are now over 65--how much you don't say. Would I even recognize you if I met you at, say, the wacco picnic? Is it better to show our pictures as we look now, or as we looked decades ago? I'm not sure. I guess seeing both would be ideal, although perhaps rather scary and sad. Ageing and death is hard to face.

In regard to makeup, I basically dislike it. A healthy alive face animated by a vigorous spirit is what I want to see, in man or woman. I feel very sorry that so many women have been made to feel so judged and anxious about their physical appearance that they never feel good enough, and feel that they have to resort to makeup and clothing chosen to hide what they think, or our sick popular culture tells them, are their defects.

Many men also feel insecure about their appearance, but at least in our culture there is less importance placed on it. It is women who have to be the "dolls.'' I'm grateful that women today often don't wear makeup, and when they do it is generally far less conspicuous than my poor mother felt she had to put on every day. How many women these days do you see wearing bright red lipstick? This was considered absolutely necessary decades ago. And all the powder and rouge! Oy!

I think the best thing we can do--indeed all we can do--is to fight to keep our bodies and spirits in the best shape possible as we go through life. All too often, as people age beyond their 20's and face the struggles of life, they diminish in vitality, emotional aliveness, and physical condition. But those individuals who have the drive to swim against that current can maintain a lot of their physical, emotional, and spiritual aliveness. I've seen a dance video of a dancer who is over 100. She's certainly not what she used to be, but in a way I think she is more physically attractive than many much younger people I see every day, largely because she's kept her body alive and conditioned by dancing and whatever else she does.

Quote Shandi wrote: View Post
    I should ask him for pictures of the oldest women he's photographed. I had a boudoir session when I was 65 by a NY photographer who was visiting Sonoma County, and I did my own minimal make-up, since I usually don't wear any. ...

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: