Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jesswolfe

I have a sick kitty and need help

Hi, I started a GoFundMe to help with a kitty emergency. My kitty Willow is in the hospital with a blocked urinary tract, likely caused by stress. Peer guy has been worried about me and my own stress, and he’s been very stressed out. Today he came to me in great pain. I took him immediately to the vet. They are going to have to remove a urinary blockage and keep him in the hospital for a few days on pain meds and hydration. Unfortunately, for cats this is one very costly procedure. And since I’m on a fixed income I had no money to even do the down payment. A friend graciously stepped in to help. But I will need to pay them back and have enough to pay the bill in the next three days to bring him home. I lost my Sebastian last year. Willow is my baby. I don’t even have enough resources to go into debt. Please offer what you can. Thanks! ❤️

https://www.gofundme.com/f3ups-willows-vet-bills

Jessica
    707-536-5462
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: I have a sick kitty and need help

Jessica,

I'm so sorry about Willow.
    I'm in a similar situation, with my kitty who needs dental work. She's been crying off and on during the night for 2 weeks. I didn't know it was her teeth until I saw her inflammed gums.

I didn't want to get credit with Care Credit, because I can't make the payments, but today I decided that I would do it, so I could take care of my kitty, then do a GoFundMe to help pay the vet bill. I don't have good credit, but got approved online in a few minutes.

Male cats are prone to UTI, and getting blocked. It might be just stress, but I suspect it's also diet. I'm a Cat Advocate, and post on here frequently. Also on FB: https://facebook.com/CATAdvocate. Though some vets recommend dry food, from my research it seems that dry food can be a culprit in UTI. We food is preferable, since they don't usually drink enough water.

Once you get Willow past this, I recommend that you don't put him on Hills or Royal Canin prescription foods. What can really help prevent future UTI is D-Mannose powder. I sprinkle a little on my kitty's meals every day. She's 9 lbs. so I give her 1/4 tsp. It has no taste, so it's not rejected. It lasts a long time! Some people give cranberry, but not all cats will accept this.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I hope you get enough donations. I wish I could help, but the only way I can, is with information.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-31-2018 at 11:20 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    gypsey

Re: I have a sick kitty and need help

Hello Jessica,
    I did a quick google typing in "help for seniors with vet bills in California" and turned up numerous non-profit organizations. One blurb also said the Humane Society can provide a list of resources. (I assumed you are a senior b/c you mentioned being on a fixed income. Even if you are not, there are resources out there. Because of demand, some have strict limits on what they can fund, but it is still worth a try.) Also, did your vet suggest a list of organizations to help, and also, if you are a senior, give you a 10% discount as my vet does?
    Good luck to you and Willow....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jesswolfe: View Post
    Hi, I started a GoFundMe to help with a kitty emergency. My kitty Willow is in the hospital with a blocked urinary tract, likely caused by stress. Peer guy has been worried about me and my own stress, and he’s been very stressed out. Today he came to me in great pain. I took him immediately to the vet. They are going to have to remove a urinary blockage and keep him in the hospital for a few days on pain meds and hydration. Unfortunately, for cats this is one very costly procedure. And since I’m on a fixed income I had no money to even do the down payment. A friend graciously stepped in to help. But I will need to pay them back and have enough to pay the bill in the next three days to bring him home. I lost my Sebastian last year. Willow is my baby. I don’t even have enough resources to go into debt. Please offer what you can. Thanks! ❤️

https://www.gofundme.com/f3ups-willows-vet-bills

Jessica
    707-536-5462

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: