Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Portia
    Supporting Member

Please call your Assemblymember re AB-2779: attached single-use plastic beverage caps

AB-2779 Recycling: attached single-use

plastic beverage container caps

Would require that all single-use plastic bottles sold in California have attached caps
    "My name is _________and I am from_________ (your city). I'm calling to ask Assemblymember _______(your Assemblymember) to support AB-2779, which will require that plastic beverage container caps sold in California have attached caps. Plastic bottle caps were the third-most-common item collected in beach and river cleanups in California in 2017. Discarded bottle caps pollute our oceans and can kill seabirds and aquatic animals when ingested."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Damage

Re: Please call your Assemblymember re AB-2779: attached single-use plastic beverage caps

So I don’t get it, this does nothing but puts warning labels on it. Wow, that seems like a waste. Most people don’t even read the labels.

3. TopTop #3
    Portia
    Supporting Member

Re: Please call your Assemblymember re AB-2779: attached single-use plastic beverage caps

Both are worth calling about. AB 2379 - the microfiber bill, is only a first step but it will force the industry to address the topic so to avoid admitting on labels that they are polluters.

AB 2779 - Connect the Cap, will require beverage manufacturers wanting to sell beverages in plastic bottles in California to leash their lids. It is the first in the county and we are hoping to replicate in other states.
    Thanks for asking
    Portia

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Damage: View Post
    So I don’t get it, this does nothing but puts warning labels on it. Wow, that seems like a waste. Most people don’t even read the labels.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: