Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Never Again Anthem

On February 27, 2018, I got a call from Analy High School saying that us parents needed to go and get our kids immediately from school as there had been a credible threat and the school was being evacuated. This was 13 days after the Parkland tragedy. I jumped in my car and flew down the road barreling toward the school to get my son; on the way, he called and said he was with friends and they had already left campus. I took a breath of air and pulled over and this song jumped out of my soul in less than 5 minutes. I went home and recorded it a week or so later.

It's written in the country rock genre -- one that is not at all my usual style -- but I want it to be able to talk sense to those who value the 2nd Amendment over the right to life of our kids. And now I give it to you to spread far and wide (send it to your NRA uncle!) as my drop in the bucket for change, for the kids, for all of us.

"Wake up every morning in America knowing our kids are okay -- that's the real America dream that makes our America great."

Please give it a listen and then if you're inspired -- take action!
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/kymtrippsmith2
    Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: