Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    H2O

My Brother Who Died In NY Times For Emory Library Donation! Henry Moore was his in-law!

My dear brother Raymond passed away this Feb. 2, at home in South Africa. The New York Times ran a piece on him in the March 1st, Wednesday, NY Region section. Again they mention my dad's abuse to Raymond but know that my experience as the youngest was one of transformation and change. He was a WW2 hero (purple heart) under Patton, and cop in plain clothes in NY City. Dad stopped hitting me at age 8 and used "time out" as I do, with all my brother's kids and other grandchildren who my dad and mom watched often! He volunteered in retirement too.
    Otherwise it's a lovely article on my brother's fascinating life, and Poetry donation to Emory University! He also became director of some Art Galleries and was the Originator of The Henry Moore Foundation for his past father-in-law, the well known UK sculptor! Pic of Raymond and his oldest daughter when young! https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/n...ies-at-74.html
    Last edited by H2O; 03-04-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: link missing
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email